Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I honestly can't see the Soo touching Merkley. Every year we hear about the quality of the character of our picks, and I believe its more than just lip service.

SDA yes, Merkley hard pass.

I don't know if character is really an issue. He's liked by his teammates and works hard but his turnover prone style would not be an obvious fit. That being said, the team is looking for an offensive minded RD to work the powerplay so I think that they will take a look. One of the excess forwards for Merkley makes some sense.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
If character wasn't an issue, why would Peterborough be trying to move him before the season starts? I don't know what rumors to believe, I've only seen it posted from OHL Insiders, who made it seem like the Petes would trade him for anything to avoid having him on the team come September.

I've defended Merkley, it's pretty obvious he has shitty body language and I don't think anyone has seen him actually put in an honest effort, but he makes plays and I know a goal is just a tip away when he has the puck on his stick. If Peterborough is looking to move him, it validates everyone that said he's a locker room drain or un-coachable.

Either attitude is an issue and Wilson and the Petes think they can do something better without his dynamic talent, or attitude isn't an issue and the Petes are looking to trade him for a similar return....why? There's something fishy with these rumors and I tend to believe it's an attitude issue.

That said, I paid a lot of money for season tickets and hope to see Merkley on that blueline.

Reactions: dirty12

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
If character wasn't an issue, why would Peterborough be trying to move him before the season starts? I don't know what rumors to believe, I've only seen it posted from OHL Insiders, who made it seem like the Petes would trade him for anything to avoid having him on the team come September.

I've defended Merkley, it's pretty obvious he has ****ty body language and I don't think anyone has seen him actually put in an honest effort, but he makes plays and I know a goal is just a tip away when he has the puck on his stick. If Peterborough is looking to move him, it validates everyone that said he's a locker room drain or un-coachable.

Either attitude is an issue and Wilson and the Petes think they can do something better without his dynamic talent, or attitude isn't an issue and the Petes are looking to trade him for a similar return....why? There's something fishy with these rumors and I tend to believe it's an attitude issue.

That said, I paid a lot of money for season tickets and hope to see Merkley on that blueline.

Is there anything to the get rid of Merkley talk or is it just noise?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Honestly, I expect both SDA and Merkley to be Petes come the first game of the regular season.

It seems like there are 15-20 players in the league who have "demanded trades" or who are "on the block" in the league this year. It's also very rare to see these deals go down in the pre-season. You guys should have a great team this year, I hope that the 67's and Petes have some great battles this year.

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad