Peterborough Petes 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Zach Gallant scores again tonight for Toledo. He is scoring at a pace he has never come near in the OHL with the Petes.

I think we need to start assuming he won’t be back, which makes next seasons forward group ... a little sparse looking.

Robertson-SDA-Butler
Kirk-McTavish?-Hinz
Little-Grondin-Cermak?
Hutton-Avon-Denault

Rickwood, Patey, J.Kirk ...

Last edited:

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Where... the Kinsmen?... renovating the PMC and lacrosse taking over the Evinrude.

Mem Centre is still going until the end of May. Lakers have their home opener there on May 30th, renovations start a couple days later. (There must be some good reason why they aren't starting the work now, or even beginning of May, to ensure it's done, but don't ask me what it is).

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Mem Centre is still going until the end of May. Lakers have their home opener there on May 30th, renovations start a couple days later. (There must be some good reason why they aren't starting the work now, or even beginning of May, to ensure it's done, but don't ask me what it is).

Yeah, but I’m pretty sure the ice is out already.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016

I think they have a couple events booked like Snoop Dogg and some kids shit like PJ Mask or something?

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I would believe they had to pick a date that there would be absolutely 0 potential interruptions. They wouldnt have been able to safely plan it for right now because technically the Petes could still be in the playoffs (lol one can dream). And once the date for late May was set, the contractors probably took other jobs between then and now to stay busy with

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Well that’s a shocking analysis from you lol oh and 8 Gold Cup selections from Petes from this draft one of the top contributors again for about the last 6yrs so each league reps obviously don’t have your opinion either
midget hockey is not the OHL ? This Gold Cup Selection should not be made before these players even play a game in OHL, they should come out after 6 months of season, then you get a proper read on who did the best job in the draft?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
midget hockey is not the OHL ? This Gold Cup Selection should not be made before these players even play a game in OHL, they should come out after 6 months of season, then you get a proper read on who did the best job in the draft?

I think the OHL cup is for hockey Canada to see how these players perform vs the best of their peers. If it was about which team had the best draft, US players would make up a significant portion; and, more players would come from the GTHL instead of double digits from Thunder Bay.

Reactions: Burtsy

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I certainly wasn't a fan of Ottawa this season, but they look pretty unstoppable. Looks like they'll play Saginaw, who will be missing their starter for the first couple of games. What I'm hoping for now is that Ottawa, Rouyn-Noranda and Prince Albert all make the Memorial Cup. It would be cool to see the teams that led their leagues all year play each other in Halifax.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I certainly wasn't a fan of Ottawa this season, but they look pretty unstoppable. Looks like they'll play Saginaw, who will be missing their starter for the first couple of games. What I'm hoping for now is that Ottawa, Rouyn-Noranda and Prince Albert all make the Memorial Cup. It would be cool to see the teams that led their leagues all year play each other in Halifax.
They looked so ordinary against the Petes this year. In the 6 games, goals were 20-20 between the teams, the last two were OT/shootout. Obviously they're a dominant team but I never saw this version in the regular season.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Food for thought. Should we trade Austin?

What do we all think about this?
We have jones for atleast 2 more maybe 3 years Austin could be very good trade value

I think there are a few teams this season who are in need of a goalie either now or in 2020 he’s right age for either and he looks like he can be a starter in this league

Sudbury? Maybe get Levin
niagara package him with picks for Thomas and inzce to back up jones ?
Mississauga package picks him for washkuruk?

Thoughts? Or am I nuts lol

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

We have jones for atleast 2 more maybe 3 years Austin could be very good trade value

I think there are a few teams this season who are in need of a goalie either now or in 2020 he’s right age for either and he looks like he can be a starter in this league

Sudbury? Maybe get Levin

Keep Austin, imo. Petes have Jones for this upcoming season; and, possibly a trade option in his OA season when the Petes should have several OA options.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Sudbury? Maybe get Levin

Jones is a late birthday and will be eligible to go pro after next season. Unless you want to have another year like this season with two practically brand new goalies... I’d say let’s hang on to Austin.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Hang onto him for now. A good start will build value, then decide. He's not going to get you a significant player in return this offseason.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
The value wouldnt be good enough to move him I dont think. .879 save % and .815 in 51 playoff mins. Keep him and let him play more

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes top 10 prospects according to Thescout.ca -

1. Mason McTavish2002
2. Jack Bar2002 (Harvard University)
3. Artem Guryev2003
4. Jon-Randall Avon2003
5. Michael Simpson2003
6. Matthew Perciballi2002
7. Jackson Kirk2002
8. Cole Patey2003
9. Tucker Robertson2003