Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Do you think a Dman is a more pressing need? We’re 2nd in goals scored (1 behind SBY/OSH) but we’ve also given up the 3rd most goals in the league (1 fewer than North Bay).
i would say thats an anomoly as the 2 9 gaa games didnt happen when Jones was in the net so i wouldnt say the D is that poor BUT if I were to add a player i'd try to add another good dman before i went after an offensive forward

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
At the very least Lodnia being back will add to the available OA pool and maybe make for a better buyers market.
IMO the Dman has to be the priority. I still believe that their 3rd OA will be a Dman and they will add a non-OA forward.....especially now that Lalonde has been traded.

Maybe Cole Fraser returns .....he didn’t dress for the opening game in Kansas City. I can’t see him reacting well to being a healthy scratch.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Goals. Kirk scored at a 40+ goal pace after his initial 20 game adjustment and is on a higher pace this year, Lodnia has never come close to that.
Ok goals.

Lodnia scored at a slightly higher goals per game rate. (Down to decimal points).

But, I don’t know what one has to do with another. It’s not like the Petes would be giving up Kirk. They’d be adding more scoring depth with Lodnia. A lot of playoff experience that the Petes could use.

Reactions: three dog night

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Ok goals.

Lodnia scored at a slightly higher goals per game rate. (Down to decimal points).

But, I don’t know what one has to do with another. It’s not like the Petes would be giving up Kirk. They’d be adding more scoring depth with Lodnia. A lot of playoff experience that the Petes could use.
Lodnia scored at a slightly higher rate In his age-19 4th season than Kirk in his rookie age-18 season adjusting to a new league, country etc... Yes.

I just don't think first line winger is a priority for the Petes. As others have said, if they're adding an OA, back end is the greater need.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Lodnia scored at a slightly higher rate In his age-19 4th season than Kirk in his rookie age-18 season adjusting to a new league, country etc... Yes.

I just don't think first line winger is a priority for the Petes. As others have said, if they're adding an OA, back end is the greater need.
Does it matter how old they are/were? It’s not like they would be getting 17 yr old Lodnia. They’d be getting 20 yr old Lodnia.

If it makes you feel better, Kirk is better than Lodnia was at his age.

Although, I don’t know what that has to do with anything.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
At the very least Lodnia being back will add to the available OA pool and maybe make for a better buyers market.
IMO the Dman has to be the priority. I still believe that their 3rd OA will be a Dman and they will add a non-OA forward.....especially now that Lalonde has been traded.

Maybe Cole Fraser returns .....he didn’t dress for the opening game in Kansas City. I can’t see him reacting well to being a healthy scratch.

No thanks

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Does it matter how old they are/were? It’s not like they would be getting 17 yr old Lodnia. They’d be getting 20 yr old Lodnia.

If it makes you feel better, Kirk is better than Lodnia was at his age.

Although, I don’t know what that has to do with anything.
Just trying to give the apples to apples comparison for why I think Kirk is a more prolific scorer. Lodnia would be a fine addition but shouldn't be IMO their biggest priority, I'll leave it at that.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Here is a list of possible OA Dman acquisitions......not sure how important it will be to Oke and coaches that they pick up a RH Dman, but I listed those first

Webb SAG (R) ……will likely stay with SAG, unless Prosvetov gets sent back
Lyle OS (R) ……will likely stay with OS, as they have had a strong start
Davis MIS (R)……if Missy falls out of the middle of the pack early, Davis could be available
Gordeev GUE (L)…….part of championship run in Guelph
Landry HAM (L)…..solid vet
Hunter NIA (L)…..big body, solid vet
King NB (L)…….solid enough vet
Brahaney KGN (L)……..named captain for Fronts, may not want to move him
Ham MIS (L)…..smaller and softer than they are looking for IMO
Roberts NIA (L)…..smaller and softer than they are looking for IMO

The bolded guys are the most likely IMO, but I think Oke will wait for now. They've had a good start and as long as the good results continue, they can give guys ice time to develop/showcase for a trade.

If Fraser gets sent back, I believe that the Petes will trade him. Team is gelling at this point and Fraser would rock the boat IMO.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I'd love to see a Mattinen type of guy brought in, a physical net-front presence who can also pound pucks on the powerplay. Or give Guryev some more ice time to see if we already have that.

I still think in a perfect alternate reality, we draft McTavish 5th and Del Maestro #11.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Here is a list of possible OA Dman acquisitions......not sure how important it will be to Oke and coaches that they pick up a RH Dman, but I listed those first

Webb SAG (R) ……will likely stay with SAG, unless Prosvetov gets sent back
Lyle OS (R) ……will likely stay with OS, as they have had a strong start
Davis MIS (R)……if Missy falls out of the middle of the pack early, Davis could be available
Gordeev GUE (L)…….part of championship run in Guelph
Landry HAM (L)…..solid vet
Hunter NIA (L)…..big body, solid vet
King NB (L)…….solid enough vet
Brahaney KGN (L)……..named captain for Fronts, may not want to move him
Ham MIS (L)…..smaller and softer than they are looking for IMO
Roberts NIA (L)…..smaller and softer than they are looking for IMO

The bolded guys are the most likely IMO, but I think Oke will wait for now. They've had a good start and as long as the good results continue, they can give guys ice time to develop/showcase for a trade.

If Fraser gets sent back, I believe that the Petes will trade him. Team is gelling at this point and Fraser would rock the boat IMO.

Davis from MIS is a hard pass. Let’s just get Harley instead :sarcasm:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The big question is : What pieces are the Petes willing to deal?
If the Petes plan on acquiring Thomas (NIA), Kaliyev (HAM), or Harley (MIS), I'm not sure that picks will be enough
  • McTavish.......I hope not
  • Avon......possibly, but tougher because he is a hometown boy?
  • Butler......maybe?
  • Spearing - not deep enough on D to deal him
keep in mind that all of these players have the ability to veto a trade

Interesting times at Lock & Lansdowne

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
The big question is : What pieces are the Petes willing to deal?
If the Petes plan on acquiring Thomas (NIA), Kaliyev (HAM), or Harley (MIS), I'm not sure that picks will be enough
  • McTavish.......I hope not
  • Avon......possibly, but tougher because he is a hometown boy?
  • Butler......maybe?
  • Spearing - not deep enough on D to deal him
keep in mind that all of these players have the ability to veto a trade

Interesting times at Lock & Lansdowne

They better not deal McTavish.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I think with one addition maybe two the Petes will go all the way. I sure won’t miss their game vs Oshawa next Sunday.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I think you can forget about guys like Kaliyev and Harley. Hamilton and Mississauga have no reason to move them this year, so the asking price would be very, very high.

The quality of (potentially) available OA D compared to the OA forwards (Lodnia/McGregor/Struthers) is underwhelming in my opinion.

Agree defencemen should be a priority, but if you're going to eventually acquire both, does it matter which one is an OA?

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I'd love to see a Mattinen type of guy brought in, a physical net-front presence who can also pound pucks on the powerplay. Or give Guryev some more ice time to see if we already have that.

I still think in a perfect alternate reality, we draft McTavish 5th and Del Maestro #11.
Why del maestro? 0pts 8gms..Guryev 4gms 1a on an older team very very similar games to me I guess we won’t know for sure for a few years but to say that now I’d disagree..del maestro is getting ice because he’s on a weak team who have room to give him ice now that’s only difference I see

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why del maestro? 0pts 8gms..Guryev 4gms 1a on an older team very very similar games to me I guess we won’t know for sure for a few years but to say that now I’d disagree..del maestro is getting ice because he’s on a weak team who have room to give him ice now that’s only difference I see

Not a great team, but Miss does have a pretty good, deep group of D

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The quality of (potentially) available OA D compared to the OA forwards (Lodnia/McGregor/Struthers) is underwhelming in my opinion.

Agreed, but if they add an OA forward, who do they target as a non-OA add on defense?
There just aren’t as many players that will be available that for that description.

That is why I was hoping they would consider Lalonde from Guelph. He would have been a nice fit.

Reactions: Petes1

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Not a great team, but Miss does have a pretty good, deep group of D
yes thats true, but i believe this is about the best draft that the Petes have had in a very long if not the best...im very happy with Guryev as their pick at 11....time will tell of course if all the signings work out but it looks very very promising in the next few years which hasnt been the case for a long time for Petes fans. And it isnt limited to just 16yr olds currently with team McTavish Avon T Robertson and Guryev: goalie Simpson, forwards Patey and dman Kavanaugh all playing local and i believe practising with team as well what a setup for the future!

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
yes thats true, but i believe this is about the best draft that the Petes have had in a very long if not the best...im very happy with Guryev as their pick at 11....time will tell of course if all the signings work out but it looks very very promising in the next few years which hasnt been the case for a long time for Petes fans. And it isnt limited to just 16yr olds currently with team McTavish Avon T Robertson and Guryev: goalie Simpson, forwards Patey and dman Kavanaugh all playing local and i believe practising with team as well what a setup for the future!

I totally agree that the future looks bright.
FWIW.....Avon was #11 and Guryev #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad