Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Nicholas Porco available in SAG. Think he is a fit here? I think I prefer to just give mins to Hutton who’s looked good...
i think the cost would be too much for not much of an overall improvement in the lineup at this time. Id save those picks for a bigtime forward and D when the time comes near christmas rack up as many points as possible now. Who would move, say, Avon or maybe T Robertson is in the mix now with picks for a big forward it may take that........

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
i think the cost would be too much for not much of an overall improvement in the lineup at this time. Id save those picks for a bigtime forward and D when the time comes near christmas rack up as many points as possible now. Who would move, say, Avon or maybe T Robertson is in the mix now with picks for a big forward it may take that........

T.Robertson can’t be dealt. Only sixteen year olds we can trade are Avon and McTavish.... McTavish isn’t going anywhere.

Kartwheels

Sep 17, 2018
Well Petes fans, your prayers are answered. I hope your back up does not take this board to heart he will never get his confidence back. Nice to see the confidence in the TEAM on here.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Well Petes fans, your prayers are answered. I hope your back up does not take this board to heart he will never get his confidence back. Nice to see the confidence in the TEAM on here.
Huh? Most people are saying they should play Austin so he can get that confidence back. It’s okay to want him to do well and hope he continues to get opportunities to show what he can do while also recognizing if that doesn’t happen (and even then everyone is saying if he isn’t better by WJC/trade deadline - 2+ months from now) there are options.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I would go Austin, they've used him in the middle game of the 3 game trips every time so far, and one of the back to backs. I'd like to see him get another chance and I also think keeping Jones healthy/rested throughout the year is more important than any one win or loss.

Show faith in Austin, let him play a winless team to get back in the saddle and hopefully going forward you have Austin with some confidence and Jones continually on top form. Of course if they do this and he loses...

Just worried if he goes in and gets a loss even if he plays well it might be hard for him to come back from it. Losing to an inferior team IMO

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017

I have total faith Austin gets it together I’m just looking for the best opportunity for him to be able to do that Many ways this can go for him as the season is very young. It could take a W and a home crowd to play infront of which he’ll get very soon

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
confidence comes from playing hard in practices ,doing the little things well, being hard to score on, the coaches see this usually in practices then they give a guy the net. Were only a few games into the season , dont think were over using Jones as of yet? Austen will get his fare share when he plays like he can. Austen is a good goalie, he showed it last year in several games. But in 2 games the goals against has to be better , the team deserves a chance to win games on the road when your scoring six or seven goals? Just think you always should put the other guy in if your starter is struggling.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I’d do the same, everything possible to get the points that should be had. Starting the back up vs a perceived underdog can be seen as an insult

Also Wilson’s way of showing Austin he’s got faith in him against the better team tomorrow in flint

Reactions: dirty12

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I didn't get to watch tonight's game but seems like just another win from the playbook. Robertson 2 goals, Kirk 2 goals, McTavish scores again. SDA 3 assists, Maier 2 assists, breakout season Dustin Hutton 2 assists. Gallant/SDA/Grondin all dominate in faceoff circle. Jones rock solid.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Robertson on pace for a respectable 93 goals and 144 points. Anything less would be a disappointment.
I love the early season paces, they always make me laugh thinking about them. I think SDA was on pace for like 290 assists or something after 2 games

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
So, uhhh... who do we think starts tomorrow? I was all for Austin tonight but that didn't happen and now I'm leaning towards Jones getting the back to back.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Nicholas Porco available in SAG. Think he is a fit here? I think I prefer to just give mins to Hutton who’s looked good...
Doesn't have to be either/or... I'd bring him in in a heartbeat if the price is right. I'm also already firmly in Nick Robertson never wears another OHL jersey mode. I don't care what the return would be for him next year, he's the player we as fans have been waiting on to watch for years. Throw Porco beside him with Butler, McTavish, whoever else. Give me offense or give me... I don't know an extra pint each game or something

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Is Nick Robertson good enough in his own zone to make team USA as an '01 this year?

With how much he's scoring, surely he'll be at the their camp at very minimum

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Speaking of goals, Kaliyev scored 4 for Hamilton last night. Just saying.

Some other random thoughts.....
-the Petes play Oshawa 8 times every year, but I’m really looking forward to these games this year!
-SDA back checking, SDA on the PK, SDA smiling :thumbu:
-Hutton stopping scoring chances on the back check and creating goals on offense. He plays on my team even after the January deadline if I’m Oke/Wilson
-as a team, they must be leading the league in blocked shots
- McTavish will be in the discussion for ROTY and seems to be getting better each game
-Hinz in the lineup was a boost, a nice “homecoming” with a goal
- who wants JPJ? I feel bad for him, but he is the odd man out when the D gets upgraded

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Flint picks up Owen Lalonde ahead of tonight's game.
A little disappointed the Petes didn’t get him as I think he would have been a nice fit. There are other options out there though and the Petes are off to a strong start, so no urgency at this point.
I hope the Petes have something left in the tank for tonight’s game in Flint.
Austin or Jones tonight?

Next week’s games are
Thursday @ home vs HAM
Friday @OTT
Sunday @ OSH

I’m guessing Jones tonight, Thursday and Sunday
Austin gets the road game that’s close to his home on Friday in Ottawa
But who really knows?!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Wow, you’re a tough guy to please.

6-3 on 9 straight road games is a fantastic start. These guys haven’t slept in their own beds or ate non-restaurant food in 10 days... I think we can forgive them for being a little gassed by the end of the road trip.
....and Flint was at home for their pink out game which was their only game of the weekend. 34 of 59 at home from here on out. Would love to see you guys more than once more this season if you know what I mean.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
RM update.....addition by subtraction

Attachments

• F1B7E5B2-24A6-45DC-AE33-32498906A08F.png
    F1B7E5B2-24A6-45DC-AE33-32498906A08F.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 6
  • A0C11137-DC0B-4542-940E-CA95A3AA46B4.png
    A0C11137-DC0B-4542-940E-CA95A3AA46B4.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2B3045D0-3773-4D43-A687-08173E70D7BE.png
    2B3045D0-3773-4D43-A687-08173E70D7BE.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Well the road trip is over, nine games played, we learned quite a bit about the team we have.

Robertson and SDA are tied for the league lead in scoring, Robertson leading the league in goal scoring. SDA might not be as noticeable as Robertson but one thing we're not seeing which was incredibly noticeable last season was SDA at a half-pace trying to stick handle through three players. He's making moves at speed and breaking ankles with his moves. He's not turning the puck over with lazy moves through the center ice. He's gone back to what made him successful in his draft year.

We have Kirk who looks like a veteran out there now, fully adapted to the NA ice. Chisholm has taken some flak but he joins Kirk in being above point-per-game average. Those points, and the ones we've added with Maier definitely make the blueline look a lot better without He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. Gotta think NB might be regretting giving up on Maier.

McTavish has been in the right place at the right time almost every night, guy has a natural nose for the net. The tip in goal against Saginaw was great. Love seeing Captain Gallant skating next to someone who will be our future captain in McTavish.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is dropping Butler down to play with Grondin in a more hit and grind type line, and move Hutton up with Gallant and McTavish, or with SDA and Robertson.

All in all, Jones has looked like one of the best goalies in the league again, and we looked really strong on a ridiculous nine game road trip. I'm sure the excitement level will be through the roof on Thursday. I hope we just tear a strip off the Bulldogs and give fans something to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad