Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I wonder if tomorrow’s game gets postponed with this brutal ice storm we’re supposed to get tomorrow evening.

I'm wondering myself. Mostly for Ottawa, because they can probably get here alright, but going home would be nasty (and I doubt there are any hotels available this weekend with the minor hockey tournament on). They have a home game tomorrow afternoon.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I can't imagine the game being postponed for rain, which is all it will be leading up to game time.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I'm wondering myself. Mostly for Ottawa, because they can probably get here alright, but going home would be nasty (and I doubt there are any hotels available this weekend with the minor hockey tournament on). They have a home game tomorrow afternoon.

The Petes decision whether or not to postpone the game will be if Ottawa can get here safely and the safety of the fans. They will not postpone it because Ottawa may not get home for their game tomorrow.

Reactions: Petes25

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
The Petes decision whether or not to postpone the game will be if Ottawa can get here safely and the safety of the fans. They will not postpone it because Ottawa may not get home for their game tomorrow.

The league makes that decision, not the team.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I'm really interested to see how many of the big trades will actually work out like teams hope for. It looks like Tomasino is working out nicely for Oshawa (dammit), but it'll be interesting to see Noel in Kitchener, Suzuki in Saginaw, Phillips in London, etc. and of course, Akil in maroon in white. Wish I could watch tonight, but will have to settle for the boys on extra 90.5

Also, side note if anyone cares, Butler had an assist last night in his Dogs debut. Don't know how sharp he looked but at least he made it onto the sheet. Wish the best for him there in raising his draft stock back up

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The league makes that decision, not the team.

Actually in the past when games are cancelled it was one of the teams requesting or stating they could not make it. With so many tickets sold to Atom Tournament participants and the problems that postponing the game would cause. The decision to postpone, in my opinion would only be for safety reasons for the teams and the fans attending the game.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Playoff vibe to this one. Petes win 4-0 and are right back where they were when they were winning. Thomas and York are great additions. I think Thomas is good for Robertson, takes some of the pressure off Nick. SDA has his feet back, what incredible moves this kid has. Great line. Lots of ice for newbie York which surprised me but he looks good. Shutout for Jones. Should be a good one in the Shwa tomorrow. Note: tribute night for Colin Campbell - he boarded as a Pete at the house here in 1972-73 (therabouts) in Ptbo I have owned for 25 years.

Reactions: Tito Santana

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
solid full 60 for Petes vs #1 in CHL Ottawa team ending their 17 game winning streak. Jones played well but didnt have to face too much rubber but was good when called upon. Ottawa tried to get tough with Robbie and Chisholm haha perhaps next game theyll deal with the OHL heavyweight champ JPJ. Thomas and York both looked excellent in their debuts. Good to see Grondin Hinz Little line contribute as in playoffs these are the guys that will have to step up.
believe lines for most were robertson-thomas-sda..kirk gally mct...little grondin hinz...jpj avon t robertson

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Playoff vibe to this one. Petes win 4-0 and are right back where they were when they were winning. Thomas and York are great additions. I think Thomas is good for Robertson, takes some of the pressure off Nick. SDA has his feet back, what incredible moves this kid has. Great line. Lots of ice for newbie York which surprised me but he looks good. Shutout for Jones. Should be a good one in the Shwa tomorrow. Note: tribute night for Colin Campbell - he boarded as a Pete at the house here in 1972-73 (therabouts) in Ptbo I have owned for 25 years.
i really think the road to the east is through oshawa now not ottawa call me crazy.

Reactions: dirty12

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Jack York was really good. He was clearly in the top 4 icetime wise with Chisholm, Wilson and Paquette. Sneaky good addition by Oke.

Reactions: dirty12

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Robertson has more than a goal per game and SDA leads the OHL in assists. You can see what you want but those players have no problem playing against physical teams, now if you want to talk about guys like Hinz and Avon, sure, neither should probably be in the lineup come playoff time.
agree both never throw a hit?

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Now that’s Peterborough Petes hockey! Amazing job by the boys shutting down Ottawa’s big line.

Can’t believe the goon work by Ottawa going after Robertson and Chisholm. Wilson was calling over to the Ottawa bench after the Robertson fight.

York has a nice shot, would be nice to see it on the power play. Thomas fit right in with SDA and Robertson and was fun to watch.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
I've always found things to like about his game since he's come to ptbo, but for this last month and a bit he has been very invisible. Doesn't look like he wants to be there at all
Goes off early most shifts looks like he doesnt want the puck, never hits? Avon fast flies around never does much, never hits either , come playoffs you earn your ice time

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Great additions in Thomas and York , finally the lines are what they should be. SDA, Thomas , Robertson Gallant with Kirk and McTavish finally, Grondin between Hinz and Little and Robertson between Avon and Parker Jones McMullen mixed in here and there

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
How about Akil Thomas blocking shots, killing penalties, winning faceoffs, mixing it up with Bahl. Nice assist as well. Total package.

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad