Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Luckily Ottawa and Oshawa are up next cause this team needs a morale boost victory to shake the devil on their back.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Hopefully there’s another addition or two tomorrow that will give the boys a shot in the arm for the Ottawa game and get things back on track.

Maybe someone should tell Jones to start using his old pads again because the skid started when he switched equipment.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
You got a great OHL player in Akil. He is money in the bank and will help you make a long playoff run. His only deficiency, in my opinion, is his skating but he more than makes up for that with his hockey iq. Good luck and enjoy your run!
His skating looked fine on the gold medal goal.. haha

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
First game I’ve been to in awhile and it wasn’t good. Goal 3 and 4 I can’t fault Jones on. They just didn’t have “it”.

Still plenty of time but .

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Just weak play across the board. Cant string two passes together, easy zone entry with no opposition for the other team. Giving up prime scoring chance after chance.

The refs sure let both teams beat the **** out of each other tonight. Lots of boarding calls, head checks, interference that went uncalled on both ends.
The refereeing is just horrid in this league

Reactions: Spits1963

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
All I got to say is mctavish Better be in Thomas’ wing he’s to good to be playing with grondin and hinz or grondin and Avon

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Not sure even Akil Thomas can save this team at this point. Giant skid happening right now. Sure the flu doesn't help but are the Petes the only team right now in the OHL getting the flu? Doubt it. Our elite players look like rag dolls against Owen Sound. Jones looks average. What is happening? We got spanked by 8th place Mississauga 7-3 and 9th place Owen Sound 5-2. Maybe we need Denault back. We were much better with him.

To clarify, if the Attack played in the east, they'd be one game out of home ice.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Just weak play across the board. Cant string two passes together, easy zone entry with no opposition for the other team. Giving up prime scoring chance after chance.

The refs sure let both teams beat the **** out of each other tonight. Lots of boarding calls, head checks, interference that went uncalled on both ends.
Yup.

Elbers is the worst.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Take a look at the lines for starters, and we have a couple of feather weights who are afraid of their own shadows. Owen Sound played nasty and mean, and we cant handle big tough physical teams. Avon on the second line? Really someone explain this one to me? 2 goals 6 assists ? McTavish on 3rd line?

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I wasn’t at the game but I wasn’t overly shocked since seven guys missed the last practice. Hopefully Saturday is better. Go Petes Go

Reactions: NorthernVoice

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
First game I’ve been to in awhile and it wasn’t good. Goal 3 and 4 I can’t fault Jones on. They just didn’t have “it”.

Still plenty of time but .
I don't know, I thought he had a decent view of the 4th goal and just waved at it. Unfortunately seems like Jones goes through one of these periods every season. I'm sure he'll turn it around and so will this team, which is still very very good. A couple more additions would be nice though.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Let's pump the brakes on the whole "the sky is falling" crap. The team is in a slump right now, all good teams suffer them at some point. They haven't all played together in some time so they're just getting the combos back together. Tonight was just a slow start that they couldn't climb out from, simple as that. The Petes are still going to make the playoffs, and they're still just as capable of making a deep run as they were a few weeks ago when everything seemed perfect

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Let's pump the brakes on the whole "the sky is falling" crap. The team is in a slump right now, all good teams suffer them at some point. They haven't all played together in some time so they're just getting the combos back together. Tonight was just a slow start that they couldn't climb out from, simple as that. The Petes are still going to make the playoffs, and they're still just as capable of making a deep run as they were a few weeks ago when everything seemed perfect
They're finishing 1st or (more likely) 3rd in the conference and on a collision course with Ottawa in the Conference final, to pretend otherwise is silly. Hopefully they make some more additions tomorrow to bolster the forward depth further but this was and is a very good team that will only be better than they were from September -> December 15 or so, with the addition of Thomas.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
We kept two of the three 2nds we have in this years draft. The article for the Thomas trade makes no mention of Oke was still working on anything or not. I’ll be pretty disappointed if nothing else happens between now and noon tomorrow.

North light 14

Nov 6, 2018
Take a look at the lines for starters, and we have a couple of feather weights who are afraid of their own shadows. Owen Sound played nasty and mean, and we cant handle big tough physical teams. Avon on the second line? Really someone explain this one to me? 2 goals 6 assists ? McTavish on 3rd line?
They should of played JPJ more I was there he had like 3 shifts all game

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The TV broadcast crew said they've been hit by the flu bug as well.

BTW, great broadcast last night on Your TV.

One of the best crews I've heard.

Knowledgeable, balanced programmed.

Really enjoyed it. Broadcast quality on Internet was decent as well.

Good luck , Petes .
Wait till you get Akil.He will elevate your entire roster .

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
They're finishing 1st or (more likely) 3rd in the conference and on a collision course with Ottawa in the Conference final, to pretend otherwise is silly. Hopefully they make some more additions tomorrow to bolster the forward depth further but this was and is a very good team that will only be better than they were from September -> December 15 or so, with the addition of Thomas.

I am a season ticket holder and have followed the Petes for many years. My biggest concern about this team and has been since the start of the season is the lack of size on our top line specifically SDA and Robertson. We are now entering the second half of the season and hopefully a long playoff run and it will be a totally different game than the first half. SDA and especially Robertson were pounded by a big strong Owen Sound team and this will not get better. This constant physical pounding on small players results in ineffectiveness and even worse injuries. You could see it in Robertson's reaction last night. Good for Little for stepping up and taking on a bigger Owen Sound player. Hopefully we add another skilled player today but this also shows the need for having guys like Gallant, Grondin, Little and JPJ. In playoff hockey other teams will target the smaller skilled players. I am not pushing the panic button but just pointing out what I observe. Hoping for a long playoff run.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I am a season ticket holder and have followed the Petes for many years. My biggest concern about this team and has been since the start of the season is the lack of size on our top line specifically SDA and Robertson. We are now entering the second half of the season and hopefully a long playoff run and it will be a totally different game than the first half. SDA and especially Robertson were pounded by a big strong Owen Sound team and this will not get better. This constant physical pounding on small players results in ineffectiveness and even worse injuries. You could see it in Robertson's reaction last night. Good for Little for stepping up and taking on a bigger Owen Sound player. Hopefully we add another skilled player today but this also shows the need for having guys like Gallant, Grondin, Little and JPJ. In playoff hockey other teams will target the smaller skilled players. I am not pushing the panic button but just pointing out what I observe. Hoping for a long playoff run.
Robertson has more than a goal per game and SDA leads the OHL in assists. You can see what you want but those players have no problem playing against physical teams, now if you want to talk about guys like Hinz and Avon, sure, neither should probably be in the lineup come playoff time.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I think because not everyone was 100% so they tried to spread the wealth across the lines as much as possible. It was not pretty but we need to be patient.......it doesn't matter how they are playing now as long as they are rolling come playoff time.

The unfortunate thing about this slide is that teams may be asking more from Oke in trades, thinking that he is feeling pressure because of their recent play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad