Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Brady Hinz doesn't have a point in 13 games. #healthyscratch
I've always found things to like about his game since he's come to ptbo, but for this last month and a bit he has been very invisible. Doesn't look like he wants to be there at all

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I am a season ticket holder and have followed the Petes for many years. My biggest concern about this team and has been since the start of the season is the lack of size on our top line specifically SDA and Robertson. We are now entering the second half of the season and hopefully a long playoff run and it will be a totally different game than the first half. SDA and especially Robertson were pounded by a big strong Owen Sound team and this will not get better. This constant physical pounding on small players results in ineffectiveness and even worse injuries. You could see it in Robertson's reaction last night. Good for Little for stepping up and taking on a bigger Owen Sound player. Hopefully we add another skilled player today but this also shows the need for having guys like Gallant, Grondin, Little and JPJ. In playoff hockey other teams will target the smaller skilled players. I am not pushing the panic button but just pointing out what I observe. Hoping for a long playoff run.

They are small but 9 games outta 10 they are the best line on the ice between both teams size is big but when you can’t touch them it doesn’t matter they’ve been small all year and get it done I don’t think that’s going to change.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I've always found things to like about his game since he's come to ptbo, but for this last month and a bit he has been very invisible. Doesn't look like he wants to be there at all

Hinz when he plays can be great but at some point last season all confidence went out the window he won’t shoot won’t go in the corner he small and he’s scared. Doesn’t want to make a mistake. But that is limiting him from making plays. He has no benefit for this team other than in the locker room I hear he’s a big team guy and they all love him But he can be a team guy from the press box

Reactions: Hockey Stick

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
The nearly week off they have after Sunday will be a great thing for them. Rest, regroup and get ready for the stretch run.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Is the York move a precursor to something else? Who sits if it's not?

Good points last year with 29, but he's been the worst +/- on Barrie's defence the past 2 years.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
plus he's a right shot which adds some balance

IMO, i don't think McNamara or Spearing can be a number 5 on a championship team......I'm hoping York is an upgrade on these two

when push comes to shove they will roll with 5 Dmen and McNamara/Spearing will be the #6 guy who plays sheltered and fewer minutes

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
He went to the hospital last night. I don’t think it’s serious but he’ll miss some games I’m sure

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006
plus he's a right shot which adds some balance

IMO, i don't think McNamara or Spearing can be a number 5 on a championship team......I'm hoping York is an upgrade on these two

when push comes to shove they will roll with 5 Dmen and McNamara/Spearing will be the #6 guy who plays sheltered and fewer minutes

And Maier can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad