Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I'm happy with that trade. Thomas and Robertson are score-from-anywhere threats.

Reactions: Uncle

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
You got a great OHL player in Akil. He is money in the bank and will help you make a long playoff run. His only deficiency, in my opinion, is his skating but he more than makes up for that with his hockey iq. Good luck and enjoy your run!

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I'd love to see an upgrade in the bottom six somewhere on Hinz. Give Gallant a crash and banger in Little and then someone with a nose for the net on the other side, who can also support the shut down line they'll probably be tasked as. Grondin seems kind of wasted as a fourth liner if we're going to shorten the bench in the post-season, as good as he is in the faceoff dot, might be best to put him on the wing with Gallant as the top shutdown unit.

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
They’ve invested now so why stop? They’ve shown they can find quality kids later in the draft and they’ve got some incredible youth going forward and should have another really good team next year...bring on another swap.

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
They’ve invested now so why stop? They’ve shown they can find quality kids later in the draft and they’ve got some incredible youth going forward and should have another really good team next year...bring on another swap.

Reactions: Canadian Game

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
yeah youre bang on with this Mike Oke is over the hump now showing he can make the big deal and attract players both through the draft and now at trade deadline. Congrats things look really good for the Petes moving forward for the next few years! Think if N Robertson is back next year to team with a 2nd year McTavish oh boy! then sell for a top 04' from this years draft along with Petes 04' picks for a run in 2021 and 2022! What a time to live near Landsdowne St

Reactions: Canadian Game

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
It sounded like Oke was working on more than one move the way they talked in the examiner yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthernVoice

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I'd love to see an upgrade in the bottom six somewhere on Hinz. Give Gallant a crash and banger in Little and then someone with a nose for the net on the other side, who can also support the shut down line they'll probably be tasked as. Grondin seems kind of wasted as a fourth liner if we're going to shorten the bench in the post-season, as good as he is in the faceoff dot, might be best to put him on the wing with Gallant as the top shutdown unit.
Add a top 6 winger like @Petes suggested earlier and roll this out in the playoffs:

Robertson - SDA - McTavish
Kirk - Thomas - TRADE
Grondin - Gallant - JPJ/Little

First two lines always have the puck (ok maybe not against Ottawa...) then the third line comes out and physically punishes guys for 45 seconds. Rinse, repeat, Give Little/Hinz/McMullen a shift here or there as needed.

You could also put Gallant and Thomas together on a line, Gallant lefty, Thomas righty and always have a strong side guy taking the faceoff. SDA and Thomas are both right handed, so if you want both playing centre, it's harder to make it work.

Reactions: Petes25

OHLEYE

Oct 17, 2006

Agreed.

Tucker Robertson, Spearing, Jones, Beraldo, McNamara, JPJ, Hutton, McMullen, Patey, Kavanagh, and Simpson didn't cost a top 3 round pick.

The Petes will also have a 1st round pick and possibly two new Euros to add. The team will be young next season, but the future (AND PRESENT) is promising.

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
yeah youre bang on with this Mike Oke is over the hump now showing he can make the big deal and attract players both through the draft and now at trade deadline. Congrats things look really good for the Petes moving forward for the next few years! Think if N Robertson is back next year to team with a 2nd year McTavish oh boy! then sell for a top 04' from this years draft along with Petes 04' picks for a run in 2021 and 2022! What a time to live near Landsdowne St

I actually live near Lansdowne and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be with the constant hammering at Lock 19. When that’s all said and done though...it’ll be nice again.

Tito Santana

Jan 8, 2017
I’ve grown up around the team and times like this are few and far between.

I drove on the bus with my father and just the driver as a kid to pick up the Brandon Wheat Kings in 96. I sat beside Wade Redden and Chris Phillips (he was in town for an award) all the way home and Terry Crisp sat beside me all tournament long. I was still in elementary school. That was a time to be a fan!

2006 was also incredible with Downie coming to town to play with Ryder, Staal, etc.
Anything since then? Not really. Just go for it. This city deserves some extended hockey.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Robbie sda kirk
Mctavish Thomas gallant
Little grondin robertson
Hinz Avon JPJ

McMullen
Little tucker hinz JPJ can all rotate depending on the game and they’re play or shortening the bench

Those top two lines will be lethal with sda and Thomas feeding Robbie and mctavish easily could be 50 goal scorers Kirk gallant 35+ Anything from 3rd 4th linecis just gravy! I’m excited for these lines. But adding should still be a priority

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Was just watching some highlights of Thomas on you Tube and he's an impressive playmaker with some hustle. TBH I didn't really notice him much in the WJ tournament and then he gets the gold medal winning goal. Also - when he was a rookie or 2nd year kid on Niagara who bumped with Timms and Timms fell into the boards and separated his shoulder. It was a clean hit but Timms was never the same after that imo.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Was just watching some highlights of Thomas on you Tube and he's an impressive playmaker with some hustle. TBH I didn't really notice him much in the WJ tournament and then he gets the gold medal winning goal. Also - when he was a rookie or 2nd year kid on Niagara who bumped with Timms and Timms fell into the boards and separated his shoulder. It was a clean hit but Timms was never the same after that imo.
I'll forgive him for it if he brings an OHL title home, haha!

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Wilson said Thomas is going to centre a line but said he figure out lines after the trade deadline. Sounds like there might be another move or two.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Not sure even Akil Thomas can save this team at this point. Giant skid happening right now. Sure the flu doesn't help but are the Petes the only team right now in the OHL getting the flu? Doubt it. Our elite players look like rag dolls against Owen Sound. Jones looks average. What is happening? We got spanked by 8th place Mississauga 7-3 and 9th place Owen Sound 5-2. Maybe we need Denault back. We were much better with him.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Not sure even Akil Thomas can save this team at this point. Giant skid happening right now. Sure the flu doesn't help but are the Petes the only team right now in the OHL getting the flu? Doubt it. Our elite players look like rag dolls against Owen Sound. Jones looks average. What is happening? We got spanked by 8th place Mississauga 7-3 and 9th place Owen Sound 5-2. Maybe we need Denault back. We were much better with him.
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Just weak play across the board. Cant string two passes together, easy zone entry with no opposition for the other team. Giving up prime scoring chance after chance.

The refs sure let both teams beat the shit out of each other tonight. Lots of boarding calls, head checks, interference that went uncalled on both ends.

Reactions: Burtsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad