Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
While Barrie was laying a beating on Sudbury in a playoff a few years ago, the scoreboard featured a colt with a wolf over its knee giving the wolf a lickin’; freak’n hilarious once you got past the taunting

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Those players turning 19 will be in their 3rd & 4th year playing against a new crop of 16-17 yr old rookies & 3 max [current 19-20 yr olds (OSH currently has 12)]. So yes, the Petes will be much better simply because they will be loaded with 19 yr olds.

Agree with you another year they should be better but I have seen very little growth in more than half our 18 year olds form 17 to 18 and this playoffs shows that So what makes us think they will be oh so much better at 19 SDA hinz jpj macnamara gallant have not improved at all from last season or even start of season till if anything they played the same and regressed at times. Am I wrong saying that? I just think we need to bring in something serious to go from mediocre team to a top seed. We have pieces up from and back end with goalies so add some sure fire talent and then yes I think we can be a top team but do not think with this group as is we will be a sure thing

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
There something wrong with the Oshawa fan base they hate us with a passion? They fill the rink when the Petes are in town, there big mouths are every where yelling insults all game long? their immature little video making fun of what is a Pete on Friday , then Sunday there video whack a Pete were tasteless, and rude,classless organization? Its one thing if there doing it to other teams but have never seen it only against Petes? Historic brawls, coaches fighting Petes player in hall ways, no wonder big bad Generals are so brave at home ?Even the front office group try to create hatred toward our fan base? Grow up!
.....and thats what makes it awesome, if Petes can win some games vs Gens in this series and next year it'll help with the rivalry right now its a tad one sided is all

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I don't know how it was to watch in person, but that was an exciting game to listen to on the radio! Chisholm, Paquette, Timelick, and of course Jones, all of the boys who are supposed to be the veteran leaders, had big games for the boys. I forgot about that awesome feeling you get when your team wins a playoff game. I'm looking forward to Thursday night! Go Petes Go

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
That was a good response. Every player was finishing their checks. Robertson. SDA, Denault. Top to bottom, everyone. We put pressure on the Generals defense and they coughed up a lot of pucks and lost a lot of board battles.

I said before the regular season ended that this was a bad match for Oshawa because if they want to finish off Peterborough it's going to cost a physical toll and high emotions where beating the Steelheads would have been a cleaner slate for them heading into round two. We're 3 games in and you can already see the physicality of the series and how Oshawa, despite being older and bigger aren't matching that intensity right now. In the first two periods they spent more time arguing with the refs after every hit than they did focusing on controlling the puck. It reminded me of how we un-wind the 67's and get their skill players off their game and frustrated.

Salinitri and Fraser had an exchange in the 2nd period and after that, Salinitri wouldn't go into a corner when Fraser was on the ice knowing he was going to get mobbed.

Gotta give Keyser props for the biggest save I've probably ever seen. Not sure if it was just my angle I was seeing it from, but man he robbed Kirk of a no-doubter.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Great game tonight. Disciplined, yet aggressive. I think my favourite part was that when they had a late lead they didn't go into the full sit back and do nothing trap that has bit them in the rear so many times this season. They stayed aggressive and it paid off. Excellent crowd and a wonderful reminder of what playoff hockey can be.

As mentioned by other posters, the Keyser save was unbelievable.

PenaltyBoxPetesFan

Jan 10, 2019
That was a good response. Every player was finishing their checks. Robertson. SDA, Denault. Top to bottom, everyone. We put pressure on the Generals defense and they coughed up a lot of pucks and lost a lot of board battles.

I said before the regular season ended that this was a bad match for Oshawa because if they want to finish off Peterborough it's going to cost a physical toll and high emotions where beating the Steelheads would have been a cleaner slate for them heading into round two. We're 3 games in and you can already see the physicality of the series and how Oshawa, despite being older and bigger aren't matching that intensity right now. In the first two periods they spent more time arguing with the refs after every hit than they did focusing on controlling the puck. It reminded me of how we un-wind the 67's and get their skill players off their game and frustrated.

Salinitri and Fraser had an exchange in the 2nd period and after that, Salinitri wouldn't go into a corner when Fraser was on the ice knowing he was going to get mobbed.

Gotta give Keyser props for the biggest save I've probably ever seen. Not sure if it was just my angle I was seeing it from, but man he robbed Kirk of a no-doubter.
Best save I have seen in a long time. Kirky was not happy about that one!

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Relax. The videos were cheesy and probably entertained the kids in the crowd like they were aiming to. I remember the year after the Gennies won, the Petes did a bandwagon cam for any Gens fans in the crowd. It's just the game ops crew getting paid to do their job, entertain the crowd and fill in commercial breaks.
ok

three dog night

May 3, 2014
While Barrie was laying a beating on Sudbury in a playoff a few years ago, the scoreboard featured a colt with a wolf over its knee giving the wolf a lickin’; freak’n hilarious once you got past the taunting
Now the new scoreboard in Barrie only shows adds now.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The Petes had a jump in their skates tonight and were positioning themselves much better on coverage. Jones was solid. But in the end it was skating that won the game. I liked Cermak and Spearing tonight and of course Paquette. Fraser showed up. Let's see if we can steal another Thursday.
That was no steal, well earned. Petes looked like a different team, I think mindset has a lot to do with it. Looking forward to watching more of the series. Excellent job by the TV crew as well.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Please people refrain from bashing our players? There all excellent hockey players each and every one of them! Great come back win Tuesday, proud of the effort. GO PETES GO

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
You know what?

Last night I actually JUMPED IP and clapped when we took the lead -seems like everyone in my section stood up and clapped !

Haven’t done that since 2006
That’s great Zebra I think for some reason their team just decided to play a full game with some physicality for once and it paid off and fans appreciated the effort I think even if they had lost that game fans would have appreciated that effort

Reactions: Zebra

PenaltyBoxPetesFan

Jan 10, 2019
That was no steal, well earned. Petes looked like a different team, I think mindset has a lot to do with it. Looking forward to watching more of the series. Excellent job by the TV crew as well.
They played hard. Our rink is smaller only by 10ft on paper but looks way smaller then that. Petes played a physical desiplined game and in a tighter rink seemed to make a big difference. Watching warm ups it looked like there was only room for one Max two sets of players passing in the neutral zone. At tribute it looked like you could put 4. Hope the boys can play the same way Thursday and really make a series of this. With that said. Let’s back the rink Saturday night and shut the gens fans up! It’s not a series till you lose at home! GO PETES GO!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You know what?

Last night I actually JUMPED IP and clapped when we took the lead -seems like everyone in my section stood up and clapped !

Haven’t done that since 2006
Good for you man. Nothing like the jump. It’s not something you even do consciously :) Absolutely euphoric (by the way I just found out the word Euphoria is from the Greek for having a state of health) Makes sense to me man. Light it up....and then watch the game. Hope it’s a another win tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zebra

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Well that was a good effort and an entertaining game. Salinitri is just deadly with the puck on his stick, not sure why the Flyers didn't give him an ELC.

Probably deserved the 'W' tonight and had all the opportunity to take it, but couldn't. A bounce or two might have turned the tides but we got a bounce or two in Game 3 so you can't rely on that. We had two long 5-on-3's and only put up one goal. Our PK has looked really good, it's a shame that we're down 3-1 cause the series is just getting really interesting.

I like Noel a lot as a player, and I like that he never dives even though he's always dragging a defender or two with him on his back when he rushes, but I don't think I've ever seen a two minute penalty for kneeing. It's usually a game misconduct and from my vantage point I don't see how it wasn't on Noel. Kneeing that caused an injury, but only two minutes.

All in all if that's all we see at the PMC this year we were treated to 2 good games that the series openers in Oshawa made me think we wouldn't get. Petes battled hard, controlled the physical play, controlled the board battles, and put on a hell of a show. Good experience for everyone heading into next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad