Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
At this point Bar probably realizes that he would have had a good chance of playing regular minutes with the Petes.......ahead of Spearing and JPJ. .

Bar didn't not come because he was worried about not getting playing time. He didn't come because Harvard against the Petes is more of a mismatch than OSH vs PBO in game 1....

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Bar didn't not come because he was worried about not getting playing time. He didn't come because Harvard against the Petes is more of a mismatch than OSH vs PBO in game 1....

You’re not wrong.... but honestly every time you comment it’s just straight negativity? Why bother?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016

Yes, but the college option is still a gamble. His "commitment" isn't a commitment from Harvard of a definite scholarship for a full college career including lots of ice-time and development. He still needs to work hard to make that happen......academically and hockey wise. He may have never given the Petes consideration because his getting developed in Peterborough was a crap shoot. New coach, team with recent struggles, etc.

I'm just saying that Butler will likely have good things to say to Bar about his experience and development with the Petes. I don't expect him to change his mind all of the sudden. The question is about development. He played at St. Andrew's this year where they had a record of about 48 - 8 - 4 over the course of all hockey played. Is that better for his development? Will he play again at St. Andrews as a SR against easier competition or will he play OJHL against older players? Would he have developed better/faster if he had come to the Petes and played against tougher (older) competition? It's hard to say, but certainly the draw of the Harvard education would certainly tip the scales in that direction.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
You’re not wrong.... but honestly every time you comment it’s just straight negativity? Why bother?

It's impossible to read the stuff on here that is so wrong and not say anything. People actually think Bar isn't a Pete right now because he was worried he wouldn't get playing time in our D-core.........

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Im gonna say 4-2 Petes tonight. I predicted North Bay's win last night so hopefully good vibes!

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Tye Austin and Hunter Jones are both born in 2000-I hadn’t realized they were the same age.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
If this series goes back to Oshawa it will be a miracle. They looked scared to death of the Generals. Before period 2 when they switched ends a General bumped into Austin on his way to the net and then a couple Generals were down by Austin talking to him and skating around him while the Petes did nothing. Maybe not a big deal, but pretty indicative, it seems to me, of the confidence the Gens have against the Petes and the lack of any interest on the Petes part to push back.

I do hope someone on Oshawa will fight Merkley. I'm so sick of his act. But it looks like other players know he's a joke and not worth throwing punches at. He keeps asking for it, though, so hopefully someone gives it to him.

On the positive side, Kirk looked good tonight, Hutton got his first career goal and the PK still looked solid.

Reactions: Chico Maki

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
This series is reminding me of the 1998 playoffs vs. Belleville when the Bulls swept the Petes in round 1 and outscored them 30-5.

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
If this series goes back to Oshawa it will be a miracle. They looked scared to death of the Generals. Before period 2 when they switched ends a General bumped into Austin on his way to the net and then a couple Generals were down by Austin talking to him and skating around him while the Petes did nothing. Maybe not a big deal, but pretty indicative, it seems to me, of the confidence the Gens have against the Petes and the lack of any interest on the Petes part to push back.

I do hope someone on Oshawa will fight Merkley. I'm so sick of his act. But it looks like other players know he's a joke and not worth throwing punches at. He keeps asking for it, though, so hopefully someone gives it to him.

On the positive side, Kirk looked good tonight, Hutton got his first career goal and the PK still looked solid.

I dont know if hes asking for it because in game one bollers was more than ready for it and he declined pretty indicative then at the end of ofnthe first period scrums he goes right at the rookie

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I dont know if hes asking for it because in game one bollers was more than ready for it and he declined pretty indicative then at the end of ofnthe first period scrums he goes right at the rookie

WJF meant "asking for it" as in like he's being a little shit so someone should teach him a lesson. Not like he's actually asking to fight

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

Don't really need to worry about getting him off the ice when his coach benches him in the 3rd. Spearing and JPJ got a lot of ice time at the end there.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
good lord 7 zip and 8 to 2 there is a whole lot of issues with the Maroon and white ? lets see one first rounder didn't score, we traded another then last year Cuylle didn't report and 4th pick went NCAA in Barr is it any wonder we are getting hammered? So Hunt has McShane , Andropov, Serron, and Brewer? hmmm then Hunt adds Saigeon Salintrini, and Neumann all great additions. Great job by Hunt . Oke has he done a good job?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad