Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Blaming Jones for the losses is as bad as blaming Merkley, who by the way was THE guy going up the bench, trying to rally the troops and going back to Jones' with taps on his pads when Oshawa went ahead 3-2 (on a goal he was no way responsible or even on the ice for) .

I am completely done on fans piling on this guy because, sometimes his body language isn't great? Maybe look at the dmen who actually made the errors that led to Gens goals.

Get the hell over it and recognize what he does for this team.

Oshawa has a dman who gives it away more, chirps after the whistle more and has 1/10th the talent Merkley has and I don't see their fans constantly burying him

Or Petes fans could be burying Merkley because for an offensive juggernaut, he had 1 point compared to a 4th liner in Cole Resnick who had 3. Good for him for tapping Jones pads though.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Ahh I hate the end of the season always get that pit in your stomache like something is missing. Good luck to the OA’s in there future once a pete always a pete. Very excited for the draf week and for off season moves. Akil Thomas would look real good in maroon and white. Just saying oke

Reactions: Zebra

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Gens fan here.. if not for the undisciplined play of a couple of players for the Petes last night.. u probably might have claimed victory. Is it the coaches fault? Is it the players fault? Thats a good question. We are talking young players that are still maturing and emotions are running high. The last period of the game.. the Gens were totally himmed in their zone and if the hockey gods were on your side.. there would be a game 6 tonight in your barn. The nucleus of your team will be returning next year.. I think ye guys have 11 2000 born players.. add a couple of first round draft pics and a couple of additions.. I think you will have a strong team next year that will rival any team in the eastern conference. Have a good summer and may the rivalry continue.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Gens fan here.. if not for the undisciplined play of a couple of players for the Petes last night.. u probably might have claimed victory. Is it the coaches fault? Is it the players fault? Thats a good question. We are talking young players that are still maturing and emotions are running high. The last period of the game.. the Gens were totally himmed in their zone and if the hockey gods were on your side.. there would be a game 6 tonight in your barn. The nucleus of your team will be returning next year.. I think ye guys have 11 2000 born players.. add a couple of first round draft pics and a couple of additions.. I think you will have a strong team next year that will rival any team in the eastern conference. Have a good summer and may the rivalry continue.

It was the fault of Keyser stopping 95% of shots and Salintri scoring some back breakers.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
5. Peterborough Petes - Mason McTavish - Pembroke Lumber Kings - Center
Compensation for the fact that Will Cuylle was a no show (and subsequently dealt to Windsor), the Petes jump at the chance to draft another power forward in McTavish. Possessing one of the best shots in the draft, McTavish’s power game could complement Peterborough very well as he could be the perfect linemate for someone like Nick Robertson next year and the year after. And with Paquette and possibly Gallant moving on, the organization needed to address depth at the position anyway

11. Peterborough Petes - Francesco Arcuri - Don Mills Flyers - LW/C
Arcuri is an intriguing player due to his ability to rotate in his offensive deployment. He offers creativity and crisp passing which translates well as a facilitator, while also demonstrating a quick shooting ability which elevates his potential as a goal scorer. In addition he plays with a determined drive and selfless attitude, which fuels his desire to retrieve pucks and grind his way through the dirty areas with physicality and perseverance. With the earlier selection of established center Mason McTavish, Peterborough elects to go with the multidimensional Arcuri who can contribute in whatever role he is assigned, complimenting a diverse Petes forward group

That's who OHLProspects have mocked to us in the draft.

Some defensemen that are projected to be available with our first pick in the 2nd round:

Paul Christopoulous - Don Mills Flyers - Defense
Such a smart two-way defender. With his right shot and his ability to quarterback the powerplay, I do not think he lasts long on draft day. After his strong OHL Cup performance, I could easily see him as a first round pick. Projects as a solid, all around top 3 defender and should play in the OHL next year.

Jack Matier - Soo Thunderbirds - Defense
Size and skating combination from the back-end. Right handed shot. A raw player who has among the highest potential of any defender available. Another guy that I could easily see as a first round pick.

Cole Hipkin – Brantford 99'ers - Defense
A strong defender for the Brantford 99ers this season, Hipkin is a mature two-way player who can drive the pace of play in all three zones of the ice. In addition to his solid skating abilities, Hipkin features good size and the ability to consistently diffuse offensive plays as they are devised by his opposition.

or local boy

Jon-Randall Avon - Peterborough Petes - Center
While not a first-round player Avon is a speedy offensive presence who can flat out fly. Speed is the name of his game and it generates an unpredictable offensive effort, while also being applied in the forecheck. With overall smarts and effort to compliment offensive ability, he's a likeable player which would be a key addition to any team.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Rumours floating around about Petes having trouble with getting guys to report again

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Rumours floating around about Petes having trouble with getting guys to report again

That's weird.......someone should tell the players that they won't actually have to report to Peterborough until Halloween when they will finally be able to play a home game!:laugh:

Seriously though.......ten or eleven 2000s returning puts the Petes in a position to compete for top spot in the East. Still many questions heading into off-season and into next year.....
  • Will Gallant be back? For his sake, I hope he can sign a pro contract and move on but, from a selfish standpoint, I hope he's back. He's difficult to replace.
  • Will Jones take another step forward and become a more consistent version of his best self
  • Where will JPJ play? I believe he has to be in the conversation for most improved player (aside from Jones). His versatility is a plus, but something needs to happen to solidify the Petes' back end.
  • Can SDA regain some mojo? That would certainly make the Petes' offense and PP more dangerous......which will be a must next season.
  • How many Petes' draft picks on Saturday will be in games for the Petes this year?
  • Will the Petes try to upgrade Cermak in the Import draft?
  • Will Tye Austin play more regularly to help rest Jones and develop Austin further.......he was much improved in the 2nd half as well
  • Will Oke target another OA early......Niagara will be having a fire sale after this year? He likely waits (and those selling will want to wait) so he can trade one of his 1st round picks to get the best return.
  • Assuming Gallant and Fraser return as OA's,
    • do they target a player like Paquette for their 3rd OA to help solidify the back end?
    • with their OA quota met, do they aim for non-OA players who will be one and done to add more firepower up front.....Akil Thomas, Ty Dellandrea, Arthur Kaliyev....
  • Oke will obviously be adding at least two guys next season......who becomes the odd-men out?
First step is the draft. Looking forward to seeing who they choose.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
u got 4 pics in first 2 rounds. alteast 2 of them arent going to be happy Other teams would be 1,2 not 3,4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad