Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
21 games left to go (10 at home) which will determine their first round playoff opponent (Ottawa, Niagara, Sudbury or Oshawa)

At this point, Missy, Ham, NB and the Petes are virtually tied for 5th place.
Here is a look at the remaining games for the Petes:
7 games VS lower seeded teams; Kingston (3), Barrie (2), WSR(1) and Flint (1)
3 games VS teams they are fighting for playoff seeding; Ham (2), NB (1)
9 games VS top 4 teams in the East; Ott (3), OSH (3), Nia(2), SBY (1)
2 games VS strong West teams; LDN(1), SAG(1)

One 3 game Western road trip (WSR, Flint, SAG)
One 2 gamer (BAR and NB)

The Western road trip is 4 weeks away.......hoping the Petes will be healthy (healthier?) and playing better hockey by then. A road trip like that, 2 weeks before the play-offs start, could help solidify (create?) some chemistry at just the right time.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Did anyone get an email about how to use their points like the app announcement said? Kind of a bummer, I was getting into the Pick 'Em game. Sitting at 700 some odd points too, guess I'll grab a Harvey's gift card or a signed photo.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
21 games left to go (10 at home) which will determine their first round playoff opponent (Ottawa, Niagara, Sudbury or Oshawa)

One 2 gamer (BAR and NB)

The Western road trip is 4 weeks away.......hoping the Petes will be healthy (healthier?) and playing better hockey by then. A road trip like that, 2 weeks before the play-offs start, could help solidify (create?) some chemistry at just the right time.

Here's what each team has left vs each opponent:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 12.57.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 12.57.09 PM.png
    109 KB · Views: 52

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I wonder why they didn’t try “in app” purchases or offering an app membership purchase before just shutting it down-I would have paid $5 a month or so to be a member of the app.

Maybe they are going to replace it with something-

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I wonder why they didn’t try “in app” purchases or offering an app membership purchase before just shutting it down-I would have paid $5 a month or so to be a member of the app.

Maybe they are going to replace it with something-

The company that runs it is shutting down

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

One 2 gamer (BAR and NB)

Are you intoning it’s a tough schedule. Kind of seems like it no?

Reactions: Zebra

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Are you intoning it’s a tough schedule. Kind of seems like it no?

Actually, if you check General Updates spreadsheet above, the Petes have a decent schedule. They have 7 games against teams that are under 0.500, including 3 games against Kingston.

- The battle for 3rd between Oshawa and Sudbury may come down to the three head-to-head games between them.

NB has been strong lately and Missy has been holding their own and has the easiest schedule down the stretch.

- Similarly, the 5th/6th battle will likely come down to the three head-to-head games between NB and Missy.

- I'm picking the Petes to finish 7th and Hamilton to finish 8th.......the Bulldogs have the tougher schedule on paper the rest of the way.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
so it's settled that arena floor upgrades will take place at PMC, causing the Petes to not have any home games until mid November. Does anyone know how that will affect the schedule / season tickets? Are we still gonna get the same number of home games made up later in the season or will Peterborough have a lopsided away heavy schedule?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
so it's settled that arena floor upgrades will take place at PMC, causing the Petes to not have any home games until mid November. Does anyone know how that will affect the schedule / season tickets? Are we still gonna get the same number of home games made up later in the season or will Peterborough have a lopsided away heavy schedule?

Same amount of home games just much later in the season.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
They'll play the same number of home and away games in the season. The Petes season will just start with a bunch of away games for the first 2 and a half months.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
They'll play the same number of home and away games in the season. The Petes season will just start with a bunch of away games for the first 2 and a half months.

Puts the Petes in a tough spot in what’s supposed to be a “contending” season... it’s tough to win on the road regardless of how talented your team is.

Might deter Mike Oke from being buyers if we have a .500ish record at the trade deadline because we’ve played all of our games on the road. On the flip side of that.... if you get through the deadline and make additions with a TON of home games after the deadline... you could ride a lot of positive momentum into the playoffs.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Same thing happened last year when the Belleville Senators moved to the city. The Yardman Arena was under construction until the start of November and they played away games for a while to start the season.

On the bright side to your point though, they will have a lot more home games close together too. I'd imagine for the road trips there will be less back and forth trips from Peterborough too, which will reduce overall travel. For example, in October they had a 4 day stretch of going to Niagara, back in Ptbo, and then Owen Sound. At the start of January they went to Kitchener, back to Ptbo, then Kingston. With the renos, they could do a few away cities at once, and play less games where they travel back and forth.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I would expect a Saturday game nearly every week (in addition to Thursday) next season. Assuming they actually get the repairs done in time, which would be shocking. I hope they have a backup plan for when it's not ready by November.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Same amount of home games just much later in the season.
Would you agree it’s obviously better to have them spread relatively evenly? The Wolves brass did an excellent job of negotiating a balanced schedule.
Also for what it’s worth I see the Petes finishing higher than seventh. Seem to have trouble getting things to “click” but no doubt some good elements on the team.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Could be a disadvantage but also an advantage in the end.

In any event, it will be a bummer having to wait likely into December to see some home games.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Would you agree it’s obviously better to have them spread relatively evenly? The Wolves brass did an excellent job of negotiating a balanced schedule.
Also for what it’s worth I see the Petes finishing higher than seventh. Seem to have trouble getting things to “click” but no doubt some good elements on the team.

The wolves schedule is great. There must be some odd year luck involved as it seems the wolves are among the teams with the least 3 in 3 and seem to always have a day off before hosting a team that played the night before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad