Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Try Austin? What are you talking about we have all stated IF we have a chance it’s jones shutting the door he’s are number 1 if you think we should switch after one game than we should trade jones in the off season cause you’ve just shown you think we can’t win with him. Shaking my head

I think 7-0 means to have to reconsider our strategy.

Changing goalies may shake the team up and encourage them to play stronger in front of our #2 goalie.

Maybe Oshawa has Hunter Jones's number- sometimes it happens. Like in baseball certain pitchers against certain hitters.

No reason to trade Jones just because we start a different goalie.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Does anyone else wonder if the Petes currently have some sort of mental block with the Generals? There is no doubt that Oshawa is the better team, but the last few meetings are reminiscent of the way the Raptors have been with Cleveland the last few years, or Federer was with Nadal for years (to compare to two other sports). It's kind of bizarre the way they just can't compete with them. Or sometimes they can compete for a bit, but then totally crumble.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Does anyone else wonder if the Petes currently have some sort of mental block with the Generals? There is no doubt that Oshawa is the better team, but the last few meetings are reminiscent of the way the Raptors have been with Cleveland the last few years, or Federer was with Nadal for years (to compare to two other sports). It's kind of bizarre the way they just can't compete with them. Or sometimes they can compete for a bit, but then totally crumble.

I think the Petes have a mental block with the Generals.

Total block-

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think 7-0 means to have to reconsider our strategy.

Changing goalies may shake the team up and encourage them to play stronger in front of our #2 goalie.

Maybe Oshawa has Hunter Jones's number- sometimes it happens. Like in baseball certain pitchers against certain hitters.

No reason to trade Jones just because we start a different goalie.

Yah your clear cut number gets replaced in game 2 of the playoffs for a 16 year old will totally shake his confidence I know what your trying to say but you don’t do that till you get blown out 3 straight then need a change

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
foghorn..private owner aint going to help when you guys spend 7 years trying to build a twin pad difference is city that can put 5000 in a game compared to 3000 plus Cornwall desperate to grab a team for their 5000 seat revamped arena private owner doesnt care about hstry just wants their return on $$$ your team would be gone for green pastures in a heart beat look at belleville cornwall brampton niagara falls, all private owners moving for greener pastures
Agree.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
Serious question is it a coach directive to put everything out of play for jones a couple times yesterday there sas nobody forechecking for the gennies and he just gave up an offensive zone face off for no apparent reason

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
McNamara is having a very bad night

I agree McNamara had a bad night, Fraser as well had a terrible night, he didn't seem comfortable making decisions as to what to do with the puck when it was on his stick. The Pacquette, Timleck, Robertson line accomplished nothing. Gallant was a positive but needs better talent to play with. Kirk also was OK but he needs someone to get him the puck and SDA was a non factor. I would like to see the Paquette line left as is, Gallant center Kirk and Butler and SDA between Little and Hinz. That would give them two strong lines, if you try to distribute too much you end up with nothing. Gallant deserves better. They definitely can be better.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I know I've ragged on SDA a lot this season, but I don't think I've ever seen a player go from the most dangerous man on the ice to completely invisible like he has. He's a total non-factor on the ice in every facet of the word. Can't make a play to save his life, can't find the open man with the puck, his stickhandling wizardry has dried up and he just turns the puck over with little fight. It's kind of scary how far he's fallen off the map. He wouldn't have been drafted at all if this was his draft year.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Its easy they do things right we don't?Their GM REBUILT THERE TEAM, OURS DOES MINOR TWEETS TO OUR LINEUP AND DRAFTS SMALL OR TRADES FOR SMALL PLAYERS

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I know I've ragged on SDA a lot this season, but I don't think I've ever seen a player go from the most dangerous man on the ice to completely invisible like he has. He's a total non-factor on the ice in every facet of the word. Can't make a play to save his life, can't find the open man with the puck, his stickhandling wizardry has dried up and he just turns the puck over with little fight. It's kind of scary how far he's fallen off the map. He wouldn't have been drafted at all if this was his draft year.

Yep. I just hope they can unload him for anything this off-season. I'm sure if he went to London, they'd turn him into a player. He doesn't even belong on the ice right now.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Just wondering what top end talent does not want to play in Peterborough ? Can any one give me any ideas on this? For this years minor midget draft?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Oshawa made some shrewd moves at the deadline for sure but Oke didn’t have the same pieces to work with.
Oshawa has so many 99s on this team and the Petes don’t. Trades to acquire Grondin (00), Merkley (00) and Little (00) were made for next year more than this year.

Oke drafted Cuylle and that hurt the team this year, but now he has more draft picks to play with heading towards next years’ deadline.
If, this time next year, the Petes are in the same position (having just lost game 1 of the playoffs, on the road, by a score of 7-0), then I will be the first to call for Oke’s head, but I still believe he’s heading in the right direction.
Do I hate losing to Oshawa? Yes, more than anything......but,on paper, the Petes really have no business winning this series..... especially when you factor in the loss of Grondin (broken jaw) and Butler (mono).
That’s just crappy luck. Is that Oke’s fault?Wilson’s fault? No
Play hard, hope for some bounces and get 5 or 6 playoff games under your belt this year so you know better what to expect next year

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Oshawa made some shrewd moves at the deadline for sure but Oke didn’t have the same pieces to work with.
Oshawa has so many 99s on this team and the Petes don’t. Trades to acquire Grondin (00), Merkley (00) and Little (00) were made for next year more than this year.

Oke drafted Cuylle and that hurt the team this year, but now he has more draft picks to play with heading towards next years’ deadline.
If, this time next year, the Petes are in the same position (having just lost game 1 of the playoffs, on the road, by a score of 7-0), then I will be the first to call for Oke’s head, but I still believe he’s heading in the right direction.
Do I hate losing to Oshawa? Yes, more than anything......but,on paper, the Petes really have no business winning this series..... especially when you factor in the loss of Grondin (broken jaw) and Butler (mono).
Play hard, hope for some bounces and get 5 or 6 playoff games under your belt this year so you know better what to expect next year
Well said I agree just so so tired of us getting whipped by the dirty SHWAA lol

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Its easy they do things right we don't?Their GM REBUILT THERE TEAM, OURS DOES MINOR TWEETS TO OUR LINEUP AND DRAFTS SMALL OR TRADES FOR SMALL PLAYERS
Grondin osmanski little not small but their most skilled guys are yes

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Just wondering what top end talent does not want to play in Peterborough ? Can any one give me any ideas on this? For this years minor midget draft?
Haven’t heard of any not willing to report to Petes think with Wilson it’s somewhat settled down but he’s gotta show progression or it’ll go back to being an undesirable place

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017

Totally agree oke does things much slower in appearance than other teams but as you stated doesn’t have the assets either with this draft they should continue to move up and build for an east final possibly in next 2 years

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I agree McNamara had a bad night, Fraser as well had a terrible night, he didn't seem comfortable making decisions as to what to do with the puck when it was on his stick. The Pacquette, Timleck, Robertson line accomplished nothing. Gallant was a positive but needs better talent to play with. Kirk also was OK but he needs someone to get him the puck and SDA was a non factor. I would like to see the Paquette line left as is, Gallant center Kirk and Butler and SDA between Little and Hinz. That would give them two strong lines, if you try to distribute too much you end up with nothing. Gallant deserves better. They definitely can be better.
As stated below by bra wavers Butler will not be back at all-mono

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Haven’t heard of any not willing to report to Petes think with Wilson it’s somewhat settled down but he’s gotta show progression or it’ll go back to being an undesirable place

When Wilson was hired literally the first thing he said he was doing was meeting with Cuylle and Bar. Neither one would come. So he’s already 0/2 in that respect

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
When Wilson was hired literally the first thing he said he was doing was meeting with Cuylle and Bar. Neither one would come. So he’s already 0/2 in that respect

Yes, but he didn't have any OHL coaching experience.

What do you think Jack Bar's good friend Cameron Butler would tell Jack about Wilson's coaching ability and ability to develop players at this point?
I think he'd be pretty positive.

At this point Bar probably realizes that he would have had a good chance of playing regular minutes with the Petes.......ahead of Spearing and JPJ.

Of course he is a smart kid and has an offer from Harvard, so maybe Mike Babcock would have had trouble convincing him.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
As far as SDA goes, last year, on the list of dangerous offensive forwards was definitely behind:
OA Korostelev
OA Denoble
and in the mix with:
Paquette
Gallant
Gogolev
Hinz
Robertson

This year, he was expected to be a top notch offensive threat on this team......especially after the Leafs shone a spotlight on him by drafting him so high!

This year the rest of OHL was ready for him and are giving him less time and space and hitting him every chance they get.

He probably assumed that things would be at least as easy for him as last year and most of the time he forces things on offense by holding the puck too long or trying to thread the needle on a low percentage pass rather than making the surer pass depending on what the defense gives him........I have found this especially frustrating when he tries to stickhandle his way through traffic anywhere on his own side of center and turns it over.

On the bright side, I like the compete he has shown in puck battles and better defensive zone work and hustle on the backcheck.

Next year is the year that he needs to make the big jump in output........not seeing it right now, but time will tell if he can turn it around.

Reactions: dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad