Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Christensen

Mar 8, 2019
Jones hasn't made a save either not blaming him but we new we were gonna need to get some saves to win so far not getting any saves

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Not sure if this is already common knowledge or not but Grondin "day to day with an upper body injury" and Butler "day to day with an illness"

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
That's about what I was expecting. They have about six players that are better than any single Petes player.

Some bounces could have gone Peterborough's way, should have been a few goals in the first period. Hinz had an empty net and I don't know what happened. Did anyone catch our first powerplay where Merkley had to yell to the bench because we literally had three players on the ice for at least 5 seconds, and then another player jumps on the ice and for about another 5 seconds we only have four players on the ice. Kind of a head scratcher how that happens.

The game day experience in Oshawa blows Peterborough out of the water. It was more depressing seeing the atmosphere, the beautiful arena, how professional the whole thing looked. It rivals games I've seen at NHL arenas. The game was bad enough but just seeing first hand how far behind the PMC is and knowing how far we are away from ever getting a state-of-the-art arena that can compete with that just bummed me out.

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
all top teams have a 4 year or vet goalie. Petes have really a rookie goalie in jones. didnt play much at all last year. 2 19 year olds dont help, when top teams have 8 or in some cases 12 19 year olds. score last night wasnt indication of game, couldnt score and some bad giveaways

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Trying to be positive-

-They never gave up
-didn’t take stupid penalties
-2 really effective penalty kills
-fancy passing
-short bus ride home :)

Maybe too much fancy passing!
The Oshawa commentators even said they are passing too much and someone needs to take a shot.

I think we should try Tye Austin in net -

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
That's about what I was expecting. They have about six players that are better than any single Petes player.

Some bounces could have gone Peterborough's way, should have been a few goals in the first period. Hinz had an empty net and I don't know what happened. Did anyone catch our first powerplay where Merkley had to yell to the bench because we literally had three players on the ice for at least 5 seconds, and then another player jumps on the ice and for about another 5 seconds we only have four players on the ice. Kind of a head scratcher how that happens.

The game day experience in Oshawa blows Peterborough out of the water. It was more depressing seeing the atmosphere, the beautiful arena, how professional the whole thing looked. It rivals games I've seen at NHL arenas. The game was bad enough but just seeing first hand how far behind the PMC is and knowing how far we are away from ever getting a state-of-the-art arena that can compete with that just bummed me out.
yes may have given them a jump if hinz was able to convert on that play. Ive seen this scenario on numberous games where clearly no one knows who is up next on the PP!!?? i love that merkley was gesturing to the bench circling back. With Grondin and Butlers big bodies out Petes miss them down low in offensive zone and front of net but appears neither will be back in this series.

difference in game day operations deep pocketed engaged owner vs board run team and city owned rink that they have to run ideas through miles of red tape....SELL SELL SELL

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure if this is already common knowledge or not but Grondin "day to day with an upper body injury" and Butler "day to day with an illness"
appears neither will see games vs gens game 1 wasnt even close gens played a disciplined quiet efficient game got up early and never riled up the Petes just put them to sleep...gotta give them credit for game 1 win

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow what the hell happened? If there was one series I thought could be close is this one after the way you played us on the last week end of the year.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
It’s one game lol they still need to win 3 we need to win 4 that’s tough but any team can win in any night gripping the stick a little to tight last night See what happens Sunday. A loss like this can light a fire real quick

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Trying to be positive-

-They never gave up
-didn’t take stupid penalties
-2 really effective penalty kills
-fancy passing
-short bus ride home :)

Maybe too much fancy passing!
The Oshawa commentators even said they are passing too much and someone needs to take a shot.

I think we should try Tye Austin in net -

Try Austin? What are you talking about we have all stated IF we have a chance it’s jones shutting the door he’s are number 1 if you think we should switch after one game than we should trade jones in the off season cause you’ve just shown you think we can’t win with him. Shaking my head

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
foghorn..private owner aint going to help when you guys spend 7 years trying to build a twin pad difference is city that can put 5000 in a game compared to 3000 plus Cornwall desperate to grab a team for their 5000 seat revamped arena private owner doesnt care about hstry just wants their return on $$$ your team would be gone for green pastures in a heart beat look at belleville cornwall brampton niagara falls, all private owners moving for greener pastures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad