Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
It’s not his skill it’s his character unfortunately that’s seeping into team I’m telling you I know from Guelph staff you just can’t win and yeah it would be terrible to either get Wright or Clarke plus Lockhart or Mctavish (of course I’m kidding) but why would that be so bad at this stage..
And a healthy scratch as I’ve feared tonight not good

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Why would getting last place be bad at this stage? Oh I don't know, not like we just lost a third overall pick who didn't want to report, not like we have multiple high draft picks we need to recruit ha ha.

Having a first round drafted NHLer on our squad is going to be a big sell for agents.
I believe the reporting issue has changed or so I’m hearing, so to get the best possible players to build are my thoughts..I’m not sure if you’re joking about the 1st rounder a big sell for agents because when it’s a certain someone it may not be in their favour

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I believe the reporting issue has changed or so I’m hearing, so to get the best possible players to build are my thoughts..I’m not sure if you’re joking about the 1st rounder a big sell for agents because when it’s a certain someone it may not be in their favour

The Petes couldn't get 3 of their top 7 picks from the most recent draft to come.

What's changed since then?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I don't think the AHL/ECHL would be jumping at the bad PR that would come along with taking on a team who just got sanctioned for cheating in their league

They would not be transferring the current Niagara Icedogs team to the AHL or the ECHL. The Niagara owners would either move the Icedogs to another city or sell them and the new owners would either keep the team in St. Catherine’s or move. If the franchise moved an AHL or ECHL could put a team in St. Catherine’s, but it would be an entirely different franchise than the the OHL team.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
They would not be transferring the current Niagara Icedogs team to the AHL or the ECHL. The Niagara owners would either move the Icedogs to another city or sell them and the new owners would either keep the team in St. Catherine’s or move. If the franchise moved an AHL or ECHL could put a team in St. Catherine’s, but it would be an entirely different franchise than the the OHL team.
Not the IceDog team it would be a new team.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
The Petes couldn't get 3 of their top 7 picks from the most recent draft to come.

What's changed since then?

It worked itself out, and oh yeah agents don't like that we have Merkley, I mean "a certain someone". No agents like having the best offensive blueliner in the league feeding pucks to their forward clients.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
It worked itself out, and oh yeah agents don't like that we have Merkley, I mean "a certain someone". No agents like having the best offensive blueliner in the league feeding pucks to their forward clients.
Seriously, if half his passes that set up WIDE OPEN NETS had been converted Thursday night, he would have had about 5 assists.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I’m telling you merkely is not attracting any picks but a coach in Wilson may ...you have no idea what agents say about merkley but if you think I’m wrong that’s ok you have a right

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I’m telling you merkely is not attracting any picks but a coach in Wilson may ...you have no idea what agents say about merkley but if you think I’m wrong that’s ok you have a right

"a coach" in Wilson. So because we physically have a coach, that is coaching us to a lower record than we had a year ago we're in better shape and there's no need to worry about our recruitment of players anymore.

I don't know what kind of sources you have but it sounds more like you don't like Merkley and thus your "insider" information also confirms that the league, all agents, other players, future OHLers and everyone else also doesn't like Merkley. It's really convenient.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Ahhhh a coach in Wilson?????

Since Wilson has been hired, the Petes traded Cuylle, Jack Bar and Michael Suda didn't show up to camp, Suda has since committed to school and Ryan Richardson committed to school as well.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
"a coach" in Wilson. So because we physically have a coach, that is coaching us to a lower record than we had a year ago we're in better shape and there's no need to worry about our recruitment of players anymore.

I don't know what kind of sources you have but it sounds more like you don't like Merkley and thus your "insider" information also confirms that the league, all agents, other players, future OHLers and everyone else also doesn't like Merkley. It's really convenient.
Hey I hope it magically works out for the Petes I would never ever say I hate a kid ..ever

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
At least Wilson is willing to sit anyone, I suppose. We complained (I know I did, at least) about Hull not holding players accountable. Do they go with Jones yet again Monday? And Thursday? I see Barrie won tonight, too. Only 3 points back.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
The Petes are 7-1 since December 1st when they get .900 or better save percentage from their goalie.

It's only happened four times in calendar year 2019 and they're 3-1 in those games.

Jones .900 or better save percentage:

September 3/4 games (Petes 3-0 with .900 +)
October 9/10 games (Petes 5-4 with .900 +)
November 7/11 games (Petes 5-2 with .900 +)
December 4/6 games (Petes 4-0 with .900 +)
January 4/10 games (Petes 3-1 with .900 +)
February 0/6 games

Reactions: Diaero and dirty12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad