Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Say what you will about Merkley's skill; he has incredible offensive prowess that can offset his defensive liabilities but there is nothing he has than can offset his personality.
If it were just that he was a genetically gifted, entitled athlete that would be fine but if you knew half the things he did in Guelph that split the room and created a cancer then you would think twice about saying his offensive talent will carry him through.
If Wilson sat him to send a message, he has more balls than Burnett has but I don't think it will make a difference because quite frankly I don't think Merkley gives a s^!t.
Burnett sat Merkley last year.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Niagara with another loss yesterday. Maybe the Petes can catch them in their slump? They tend to play better against good teams so with any luck we get an upset today. Because we know London will be tough on Thursday.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Niagara put up another 51 on the shot clock and got UPL’ed last night.
I sense that they will be coming hard and rolling all four lines.
The Pete’s will need to play a complete game and Jones will need to be at his best.
IceDogs defence isn’t the swiftest of foot, you will need to have to capitalize on your chances.
Remember glove hand on Stephen Dillon, perhaps you might get lucky and have him attempt to save a shot going to his five hole with his glove like last night.
Sticks in the lanes on your PK, put some pressure on their point man and don’t let them make those easy passes.

I suspect a 6-1 Niagara win.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Did anyone see the interview with Scott Arnold in between the second and third period?

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
Merkley is a chemistry killer. His bad attitude is bigger than his immense talent. Too bad. He'll have no one to blame but himself when he doesn't make the NHL. Can't believe San Jose wasted a first round pick on him especially when the more talented Rasmus Sandin was still available. Very surprised the Petes took him in a trade.

Good for making him a healthy scratch. It might make San Jose contact him and tell him, he'll have no NHL future if his me first attitude doesn't change fast.

PenaltyBoxPetesFan

Jan 10, 2019
Second period power play we had 4 guys on the ice it took merkley to stop at centre to yell at the bench for the 5th guy to come out Who’s running the PP?
Agreed. Merkley yelled at Chisholm to come on because there was only 4 guys and no outlet pass. Everyone needs to stop ripping on this kid. I don’t think he has missed the net with a shot yet. Always on net or tillable. If the rest of the team could accept a pass they would have more success. He set up four guys back door today all alone and nothing!

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Niagara 12 19 year olds - Petes I think you had 1 . Tough to win in this league at best of times and with youngest goaltending in league. Best hope for you guys is to squeak into playoffs and get a round for experience or pick 4 and 5th and build on the young guys.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Niagara 12 19 year olds - Petes I think you had 1 . Tough to win in this league at best of times and with youngest goaltending in league. Best hope for you guys is to squeak into playoffs and get a round for experience or pick 4 and 5th and build on the young guys.

Absolutely. But next season, 10-11 19 yr olds to start; look out!

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Absolutely. But next season, 10-11 19 yr olds to start; look out!
You said that this year man. If I remember correctly you thought the Petes would be high in the mix. I wouldn’t blame you fans for being pissed man. There’s something wrong.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Agreed. Merkley yelled at Chisholm to come on because there was only 4 guys and no outlet pass. Everyone needs to stop ripping on this kid. I don’t think he has missed the net with a shot yet. Always on net or tillable. If the rest of the team could accept a pass they would have more success. He set up four guys back door today all alone and nothing!

Not sure if you ever played the game or not but there are times when a player is so disliked on a team, players would rather sacrifice their own success and team success in order so not to have that player get any recognition.
I am not sure if that is the case. I do know first hand that Merkley believes he has his own set of rules to follow and that is a very bad thing for a hockey team.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You said that this year man.

No. I was pretty sure Niagara, Ottawa, & Oshawa were near locks as top 3.
Last year maybe? I thought the Petes could be top 3 last season - wrong! :)

Consider that 5 teams in the east have at least 10 (19-20) yr olds and that they stand 1-4 & 6th. In the west, (I think) there are 3 teams with at least 10 (19-20 yr) olds all securely among top four. The Petes can return 11 - 2000 born and two OA next season including; 2-1st, 3-2nds, 4-3rds, & import.
Petes, Gens & ‘67s will (likely) make the east division one to watch.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Not sure if you ever played the game or not but there are times when a player is so disliked on a team, players would rather sacrifice their own success and team success in order so not to have that player get any recognition.
I am not sure if that is the case. I do know first hand that Merkley believes he has his own set of rules to follow and that is a very bad thing for a hockey team.

Here's where all this shitting on Merkley posting has lead us to, someone actually suggesting the Petes are losing on purpose now because they don't like Merkley.

Give your head a shake.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
"We have to figure it out," Merkley said. "They (the coaches) are not messing around. They want to win. We've been terrible since the break. It's tough. We have to regroup and get going here or we're going to be in some trouble. I have to respond but my response today was terrible. I was bad today, minus-three in a 5-2 game. It's not good enough."

At least he’s accountable.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
They had so many PP's today. I'm surprised they even got the 1.

I bet Jones is in again Thursday. As more than one of us said, they ran him into the ground the first 3 months and it's come back to bite them.

Not a great response from Merkley. I didn't like seeing him stand and watch a 2 0n 1 down the ice midway through the second and not even bother to try to get back and help, especially after he caused the turnover.

I don't think there are any positives with the team right now. It seems like the only way they can compete is when Robertson is really on. If he's not flying, they don't do too well. It won't get any easier Thursday, either.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am so impressed by Butler-he is doing so well in extenuating circumstances.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I am so impressed by Butler-he is doing so well in extenuating circumstances.
I thought Butler, Spearing and Austin looked pretty good yesterday.
C’mon Petes.....can we get at least 3 points this weekend?
London Thursday, in Niagara Saturday then home vs Kingston on Sunday afternoon against a rested Frontenacs team
Hoping for Jones Thursday and Sunday with Austin Saturday

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Here's where all this ****ting on Merkley posting has lead us to, someone actually suggesting the Petes are losing on purpose now because they don't like Merkley.

Give your head a shake.
It's even funnier because he stars with the "did you ever the play the game" nonsense, the insinuation apparently being that because he played and was willing to quit on himself and his teammates because he didn't like a player, we should put much respect in his opinion L oh L.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad