Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I agree he’s just a player that stands out to me we should go for next year in an all in year We need to be smart in our moves we also need to let the 1st rnd picks play to showcase them before we trade them

I doubt we trade both. But one will likely be dealt for sure.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
If Gallant doesn't return we're pretty weak up the middle.

I'd love to see the 5th overall pick used on a defenseman, and then the later pick on a center. Wilson has shown he will play the rookies, as Spearing, Cermak and Butler all are big contributors to our squad this season. Add two first round picks and likely a 2nd into the lineup next year, we're going to have rookies and second year players playing important roles no matter how trades shake out. It's a real important offseason for Oke, as the draft could set us up for next year and provide a strong frame for another run two or three seasons from now.

This draft is extremely weak outside of Brandt Clarke in terms of top end defenseman. They will almost certainly go with a forward, and I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Mason McTavish. They could grab Artem Guryev from the Toronto Marlies with their second first rounder around 10-13. Think the left handed version of Cole Fraser with more offensive upside, that’s Guryev.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
This draft is extremely weak outside of Brandt Clarke in terms of top end defenseman. They will almost certainly go with a forward, and I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Mason McTavish. They could grab Artem Guryev from the Toronto Marlies with their second first rounder around 10-13. Think the left handed version of Cole Fraser with more offensive upside, that’s Guryev.

You mean Fraser having more offensive upside? Guryev is super, super physical but doesn't have much offensive upside at all

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Anyone see McTavish at the Midget Tournament here on the weekend and if so your thoughts? anyone watch Isaac Enright?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Reactions: Zebra

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
He’s produced at the Jr.A level already and states he wants to be here? Sign me up.

I’ve also been told he’s a great kid with a strong work ethic.
The Scout.ca just listed him as their #3 prospect for the OHL draft, so can't count on him being around when the Petes pick.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Scout.ca just listed him as their #3 prospect for the OHL draft, so can't count on him being around when the Petes pick.

Maybe someone from the Petes suggests to Mason that he should cool off a little between now and April..... :naughty:

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Anyone have any thoughts on Roman Schmidt?

I don't watch any of these kids so I have no idea how the draft is supposed to shake out. Isn't there also two potential exceptional status players this year?

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Haven't watched Schmidt, but he's committed to Boston.

Shane Wright is applying for exceptional status with the OHL, the other one is Matt Savoie applying with the WHL.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Haven't watched Schmidt, but he's committed to Boston.

Shane Wright is applying for exceptional status with the OHL, the other one is Matt Savoie applying with the WHL.

He's committed to Boston, that's great, so he'll fall to London/Windsor/Kitchener in the draft then eh haha.

Reactions: HarrynLloyd

MilanLucic27

Oct 5, 2018
Hi Everyone, does anyone have any idea if Robertson and Hunter will be in the lineup tomorrow? Do they normally give these guys a day off cuz of the prospect camp/game?

MCur19

Sep 27, 2017
Hi Everyone, does anyone have any idea if Robertson and Hunter will be in the lineup tomorrow? Do they normally give these guys a day off cuz of the prospect camp/game?
They will not be in the lineup tomorrow night ... they're flying straight to Sudbury for the Friday night game

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Prospect pipeline has a list of their top 160 projected skaters. Here is their top 10 as of Jan. 2nd:
RankPlayerTeamPosition
1Shane Wright**Don Mills FlyersC
2Brandt ClarkeDon Mills FlyersRD
3Sasha Pastujov*Detroit CompuwareRW
4Connor LockhartKanata LasersC
5Dylan Duke*Detroit CompuwareC
6Mason McTavishPembroke Lumber KingsC
7Roman Schmidt*Don Mills FlyersLD
8Francesco ArcuriDon Mills FlyersC
9Francesco PinelliToronto Red WingsC
10Brennan OthmannDon Mills FlyersLW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Wright at #1 is a 2004 who is applying for exceptional status
The players at #3, 5 and 7 are NCAA committed.
At #5, the Petes may be deciding between a pair of Italian Centermen named Francesco.
I’m sure things will change as far as this ranking goes, so time will tell.

What if McTavish told the teams picking ahead of the Petes that he only wanted Peterborough......that would be a nice change :laugh:

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Prospect pipeline has a list of their top 160 projected skaters. Here is their top 10 as of Jan. 2nd:
RankPlayerTeamPosition
1Shane Wright**Don Mills FlyersC
2Brandt ClarkeDon Mills FlyersRD
3Sasha Pastujov*Detroit CompuwareRW
4Connor LockhartKanata LasersC
5Dylan Duke*Detroit CompuwareC
6Mason McTavishPembroke Lumber KingsC
7Roman Schmidt*Don Mills FlyersLD
8Francesco ArcuriDon Mills FlyersC
9Francesco PinelliToronto Red WingsC
10Brennan OthmannDon Mills FlyersLW
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Wright at #1 is a 2004 who is applying for exceptional status
The players at #3, 5 and 7 are NCAA committed.
At #5, the Petes may be deciding between a pair of Italian Centermen named Francesco.
I’m sure things will change as far as this ranking goes, so time will tell.

What if McTavish told the teams picking ahead of the Petes that he only wanted Peterborough......that would be a nice change :laugh:

Lol, that would be nice. If McTavish and Lockhart are off the board, I’d go Othmann for sure.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Sounds pretty desperate for cash, especially with that 3 year season ticket package too.
Someone can correct or confirm but I think the jersey supplier is changing, so you're going to see lots of changes across the league, obviously some more than others.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Did anyone go to the meeting at the junction tonight? I’d like to hear what was discussed more so what they had to say on new arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad