Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'OHL' started by EON, Nov 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Registered User

Thanks, nice. I see a lot of commonality with the Wolves and I guess this extends to most organizations. Do you guys have redeemer nights where a season ticket holder can redeem an unused ticket for $5? We do but we no longer have the first two playoff games free this year. I hear you about that, it’s been useless for us for three out of the last four years (man that’s bad in a cyclical league). Ironically we’d (hopefully to heaven) be able to use them this season.

2. Ptbomillsy619

Ptbomillsy619 Registered User

So I k ow we’re all upset we have talent not playing up to expectations but this team is right where it should be as we projected before the season started I know we say next year next year but on paper this team was projected 678 a playoff team but that’s it so look at it that way we are building towards next year let’s let them work out there kinks this year hope as things go they are maturing for next year. Metkley is a love hate and always will be for his whole career Gotta just take the good with the bad and hope the good out weighs the bad cause he will win some games and lose some. I love the fact we have a rookie spearing as his partner it will make him a very trust worthy stay at home guy cause he has to be. So if he can do it this year I can’t to see him next year take another step up This team has had the same problem this year as last injuries it happens but unlike last year we have persevered through those injuries There is a lot of negative things we can dwell on and it’s sucks as a fan but look at it as this is who we were supposed to be so we’re not exceeding expectations but playing to them I think we’re fine it’s junior hockey any night a team can win 6-0 and lose 6-0 the next and that’s why I love junior hockey. Sry that was so long. I love our petes as much as the next guy and want nothing more then to see them succeed and I’m hoping for the all in we need next year

3. MCur19

MCur19 Registered User

Petes Rewards App ... "brucepower"

4. Section7fan

Section7fan Registered User

I’m glad someone finally said this. Unless you’re in the room and know the players you honestly know nothing and can’t say anything.

Diaero likes this.
  5. dirty12

dirty12 Registered User

No doubt everyone would be happier winning more. But saying the Petes belong as 2nd in the conference is a stretch. Niagara has 12 - 19 yr olds, Oshawa 8, Ottawa 6 & Sudbury 7. The Petes will have two when Gallant returns.
    Next season, the Petes will start with up to 11 - 19 yr olds.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. WillardJFredricks

WillardJFredricks Registered User

I believe the other new idea introduced is that we will no longer get the preseason tickets, but instead will get to redeem tickets for regular season games once or twice. I only glanced at the email and expect to get the full package in the mail pretty soon detailing the new changes. But I think a ticket redemption thing is going to be offered now in lieu of preseason tickets being part of the package.

Lycanthrope likes this.
  7. WolvesFanSudbury

WolvesFanSudbury Registered User

Petes looking pretty decent so far . Best of luck for the rest of this game guys . You’re the one team in that 5-9 range I really wanna Dodge in round 1

8. WillardJFredricks

I got curious about the last time the Petes had a scorer finish in the top 10 in league scoring. I knew it had been quite some time, but the last one was Eric Staal in 02-03! It seems a bit strange that they haven't had a top 10 scorer since, as I think every other franchise in the league has. Maybe Robertson can break that streak next season.

9. Petes

Petes Registered User

Here’s hoping Hunter Jones finds his game soon... it’s not all on him, but he’s not the same guy as the first 20 games of the year.

Two top 10 picks it’s looking very realistic right about now.

10. viewfromabove

viewfromabove Registered User

Since Twhoey left our top picks have asked for trades once they got here or have refused to come here at all. Our scoring this year isn’t even close to other teams. I wish we could get going. Merkley is a huge plus offensively. If we could finish up front we could get going in the right direction. Paquette to me has been a disappointment. He has so much skill speed and talent He should be dominating. Let’s hope he can turn it around goi g forward. We really need his scoring. Go Petes!

WillardJFredricks likes this.
  11. Zebra

Zebra Registered User

I think you are "pretending" to know what was said between Merkley and Austin- unless you were on the ice and heard what was said....:D

12. Diaero

Diaero Registered User

If we're not going to win a first round series, two top ten picks would be great. I'm actually surprised Oke didn't go all in on this season if we were that desperate for revenue, as additional playoff games would be a huge cashflow.

His contract is up at the end of this season too right?

13. Diaero

Diaero Registered User

are there any updates on the Petes Pick 'Em? I've been making my picks and have to put all my info in each time but I don't see any kind of standings or anything

14. Petesfan8

Petesfan8 Registered User

No, not pretending. What I saw was Merkley skate back and tap Austin on the pads after the goal and Austin then nodded. You can read what you want out of that but I take it as a positive and I think that 90% of people that watch hockey would see it as a good thing to offer encouragement to a rookie goalie.

15. Petes1

Petes1 Registered User

Petes GM Mike Oke Inks Contract Extension – Ontario Hockey League

End of next year.

16. Zebra

Zebra Registered User

Yes -a sportsmanlike team player would offer encouragement to a rookie -however I am not sure Merkley is a sportsmanlike player.

The point being -if you are suggesting that no one knows unless they are in the room -then no one knows unless they are on the ice-

It would be nice if Merkley encouraged the rookie but I wasn’t on the ice so maybe Merkley skated up called him a sieve and Austin nodded.

I guess I should be thankful Merkley didn’t fling a glove at the rookie-

Bra Wavers likes this.
  17. Diaero

Diaero Registered User

Jesus, Merkley is just a kid with a bad attitude. He's not some monster.

Petesfan8 likes this.
  18. Petes

Petes Registered User

Yeah the Merkley hate on here is absolutely ridiculous and completely not necessary. He is exactly what we thought we were getting... a very talented offensive player that is still learning how to defend. He is a very passionate kid that loves to win and sometimes his emotions get the better of him.... so be it. He can still play for me team, any day. No need to attack his character on an online message board. :help:

19. MoWanchuk1

MoWanchuk1 Registered User

I know you want to win as a fan and it’s frustrating!
    Ritchie traded for assets by team nhl now no demand
    Spencer remained until pro nhl pick
    Ang traded for assets by team nhl pick no demand
    Gallant still on team nhl pick
    Robertson still on team likely 1st or 2nd rnd nhl pick
    2018 pick no show most picks ever received for a defected player..2 1sts coming
    I will give you though, that some agents up until this year were hesitant in sending their top guns to Petes but from what I’ve heard this year with Wilson that’s all changed..no issues at all so let’s hope for next year!!! Lol

20. Section7fan

Section7fan Registered User

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the two trade requests that come to mind are Spooner and Puempel and both were Twhoey draft picks weren't they?

21. Bag Headed Hab Fan

Bag Headed Hab Fan Registered User

God this team sucks right now

22. viewfromabove

viewfromabove Registered User

Same players. Same results. Painful. 8 odd man rushes on the power play.

23. bear6

bear6 Registered User

Merkley is a selfish player. Skilled offensive but its all about him or nothing

24. WillardJFredricks

Yeah, I wasn't meaning to take a dig at the franchise, I just got thinking about it. I was surprised that every other team has had a top 10 scorer (and most of them multiple). The last time the Petes had anyone close was when Cornel and Garlent were top-15 a couple years ago. Seems strange that in a 20 team league the Petes haven't had a big scorer in almost 20 years (and before Staal I believe it was Cameron Mann in 1996). That's 22 years with only one player finishing in the top 10 in league scoring. Seems impossible.

25. Petes

Petes Registered User

From what I’ve been told, he’s actually a great teammate. If you’ve got nothing to contribute other than bashing a 18 year old kids character... get lost.

Petesfan8 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.