Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
No, not pretending. What I saw was Merkley skate back and tap Austin on the pads after the goal and Austin then nodded. You can read what you want out of that but I take it as a positive and I think that 90% of people that watch hockey would see it as a good thing to offer encouragement to a rookie goalie.

I'm not a fan of Merkley, but I do see him encouraging the goalie after nearly every goal against if he's on the ice.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
From what I’ve been told, he’s actually a great teammate. If you’ve got nothing to contribute other than bashing a 18 year old kids character... get lost.
Never said he wasn't a good teammate just stating what I saw tonight, and if you don't like my comment you can get lost. Thought this was forum where people can post about stuff

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Never said he wasn't a good teammate just stating what I saw tonight, and if you don't like my comment you can get lost. Thought this was forum where people can post about stuff

This thread has been nothing but a Merkley bash fest since the day the trade happened so I don't think his post was directed right at you, but at the same time you only added to the depressing trend of this thread.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Since Twhoey left our top picks have asked for trades once they got here or have refused to come here at all. Our scoring this year isn’t even close to other teams. I wish we could get going. Merkley is a huge plus offensively. If we could finish up front we could get going in the right direction. Paquette to me has been a disappointment. He has so much skill speed and talent He should be dominating. Let’s hope he can turn it around goi g forward. We really need his scoring. Go Petes!

The last player drafted in the 1st round to request a trade was Slater Koekkoek. No other player drafted in the 1st round, after him has requested a trade and we have had only one refuse to report.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoWanchuk1

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
From what I’ve been told, he’s actually a great teammate. If you’ve got nothing to contribute other than bashing a 18 year old kids character... get lost.
I know from the merkley side he was sought after by Petes to help with the PP, coaches wanted him badly. Clearly there is an issue with how it’s being run in Peterborough as I believe Merkely was 2nd in OHL in PP pts prior to trade. For the love of gawd bring in someone else to help with the PP the combined ideas behind the bench isn’t working...they’ve got chisholm merkley sda (I know but he’s got skill geez) timleck hinz butler Kirk paquette gotta find some sauce for the steak

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I know from the merkley side he was sought after by Petes to help with the PP, coaches wanted him badly. Clearly there is an issue with how it’s being run in Peterborough as I believe Merkely was 2nd in OHL in PP pts prior to trade. For the love of gawd bring in someone else to help with the PP the combined ideas behind the bench isn’t working...they’ve got chisholm merkley sda (I know but he’s got skill geez) timleck hinz butler Kirk paquette gotta find some sauce for the steak

You are not out to lunch on your Petes PP. comments. With the names you mention as well as Robertson, Cermak and hopefully Gallant this PP should be much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad