Peterborough Petes 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
wonder where DiPietro goes now. Rumor has his price tag at 8 second rounders.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

No way that happens. the lack of teams who will be bidding for him will drastically bring down the price. Basically all the contending teams but Ottawa and maybe Guelph already have their goalie

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
No way that happens. the lack of teams who will be bidding for him will drastically bring down the price. Basically all the contending teams but Ottawa and maybe Guelph already have their goalie

I imagine it's a scenario where you pay the price Windsor wants they keep him. But just reporting on the tweet I saw anyway.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

I imagine it's a scenario where you pay the price Windsor wants they keep him. But just reporting on the tweet I saw anyway.

No I know. Windsor can’t afford to keep him I don’t think. They drafted a legit nhl prospect goalie in the euro draft so I assume he came because he was told he’d be the #1 after Christmas

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Good goalie definitely not a guy who cannot be beat and be beat in playoffs . I think there have been better goalies like adam dennis or andrew engelange ex spits goalie or alex nedajovik Etc.. not knocking the kid but its ridiculous paying 8 seconds for him and who knows what other conditions. If a contending team needs a goalie im sure theres some decent ones that can win you games and not cost that much and putting a dent in future drafts.. i dont even think it cost a team in the nhl that many picks to get crosby or Ovechkin let alone dipietro... league should cap stuff like this.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
i dont even think it cost a team in the nhl that many picks to get crosby or Ovechkin let alone dipietro... league should cap stuff like this.

GM's are grown men. They need to be capable of making their own decisions. If nobody will pay the price Windsor wants, they'll be forced to lower their ask

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
GM's are grown men. They need to be capable of making their own decisions. If nobody will pay the price Windsor wants, they'll be forced to lower their ask
Should be the case. If one or two teams dont go for it Windsor forced to reduce and being his last yr. They probably have no choice to lower there asking price and lose on not getting anything

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Revolving door on defense continues tonight......JPJ and Supryka not playing

Hoping the Petes don't take Kingston too lightly. They lost Robertson and Paquette but the two new guys + their other players have nothing to lose and will be working hard to impress

Not sure who is getting the start in goal

Kartwheels

Sep 17, 2018

Hoping the Petes don't take Kingston too lightly. They lost Robertson and Paquette but the two new guys + their other players have nothing to lose and will be working hard to impress

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Jones

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
When Gallant was injured in October it was announced he would be out until January.

MilanLucic27

Oct 5, 2018
Gotta admit I haven't seen Petes for too many games this year, but with a pretty stacked lineup they gotta have way higher potential than their record so far?

What has been the biggest problem so far this season?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Gotta admit I haven't seen Petes for too many games this year, but with a pretty stacked lineup they gotta have way higher potential than their record so far?

What has been the biggest problem so far this season?

They are not far off expectations ... 0.550?
Problems are Gallant got hurt, Robertson has been hurting most of the season, Timleck started slow, SDA not producing as expected, and D is missing a piece. And largely because the picks obtained from Cuylle defect (comp 1st, 2nd withstanding) have not been used to fill a need. ...edit - Grondin, I guess?
They are over 0.500 because Chisholm’s play has been stellar. Jones is a better G than most would have expected at this time. And, Paquette got off to a blistering start.

Last edited:

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

You’re a Petes fan, you know who’s getting the start in goal lol. No matter who the coach is, our backup goalie doesn’t exist

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
If you don't start your back-up goalie against the last place team then when do you start him?

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
If you don't start your back-up goalie against the last place team then when do you start him?
You play him against the 3rd or 4th worst teams in the league on the ROAD
If jones hadn’t lost those last two games badly then maybe Austin gets this start.
Important for Jones and the Petes to get back in the win column though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->