Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
fully agree. Let's see what Smith can do against some top talent.

He reminds me of Domenic Moore, if he can turn out to be him, Bolland does not need to rush back. Want to make sure both Bozak and Bolland are 100% so they do not reinjure themselves. It woud be very unfair to put Holland up against Crosby or Malkin next week in a top 6 role, bet Pitt would love this match up.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Nonis on tsn 1050 on Holland:
excuse me if it's not quite right i was in rushour traffic)
- steve kasper thinks highly of him
- we've been working on this for 10 months
- we didn't get him just as a stopgap for the recent injuries
- we think he potentially he can be a top 3, maybe a #1

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Nonis on tsn 1050 on Holland:
excuse me if it's not quite right i was in rushour traffic)
- steve kasper thinks highly of him
- we've been working on this for 10 months
- we didn't get him just as a stopgap for the recent injuries
- we think he potentially he can be a top 3, maybe a #1

Could you plz elaborate the last point? Does that mean they think Holland could be even better than kadri?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Like Holland's simple North-South game, this guy will be a favourite of Carlyle's in the near future. Will be interesting when he is fully NHL ready.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Holland needs some more intensity however the thing he needs the most is confidence. This game he has played better but usually he looks like he is trying to avoid the play... If he could fix that, he has the skillset to be a top 6 C. He is a project.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Could you plz elaborate the last point? Does that mean they think Holland could be even better than kadri?

I'm guessing Nonis thinks he has the tools to be a #1 - size speed skill
A top 3 maybe who knows even a 1 if he puts it all together
- but it's not like their expecting him to be the #1

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Like Holland's simple North-South game, this guy will be a favourite of Carlyle's in the near future. Will be interesting when he is fully NHL ready.

He seems so effortless lugging the puck up the ice.. He can actually somewhat drive the play. With some more nhl seasoning and polishing up his defensive game I'd say it wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblities that he can replace bozak on the top line. Hopefully he can keep up his solid play so far

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He seems so effortless lugging the puck up the ice.. He can actually somewhat drive the play. With some more nhl seasoning and polishing up his defensive game I'd say it wouldn't be out of the realm of possiblities that he can replace bozak on the top line. Hopefully he can keep up his solid play so far

He's not ready for the top line yet, but he adds depth to our Centers. When Kadri's contract is up in a year and half, Holland may be a better option if he keeps progressing. He will be cheaper, and this may tip the scales in Nonis' mind. He can play his way onto the Leafs top 9.

mikebel111*

He's not ready for the top line yet, but he adds depth to our Centers. When Kadri's contract is up in a year and half, Holland may be a better option if he keeps progressing. He will be cheaper, and this may tip the scales in Nonis' mind. He can play his way onto the Leafs top 9.

If he is cheaper? by that logic kessel should be traded

you want kadri gone it seems so bozak can stay

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I think Holland plays a lot like JVR. Maybe he doesn't have the raw talent, but he just looks like they have the same traits

Size, speed, shot, puck carrying ability are all similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad