Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Like Holland's simple North-South game, this guy will be a favourite of Carlyle's in the near future. Will be interesting when he is fully NHL ready.

I think Colborne scored tonite and I'm sure Calgary fans are saying the same thing about Colborne.

If Holland get's sent to the minors we have another Colborne on our hands, it will be his 3rd year in minors. Can any team survive without an oversized and marginally talented prospect in the minors, TO did for weeks, ya.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
I think Colborne scored tonite and I'm sure Calgary fans are saying the same thing about Colborne.

If Holland get's sent to the minors we have another Colborne on our hands, it will be his 3rd year in minors. Can any team survive without an oversized and marginally talented prospect in the minors, TO did for weeks, ya.

Well, one reason Holland might get sent down is because of that condition with the 2nd rounder if he's in more than 25 games? And last I remember, Colborne was never a PPG AHL player :/ Tell Calgary fans to enjoy Colborne :D

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Holland was a good pick up. Good instincts with the puck, he can skate, and he's not that bad defensively. More time in the AHL and hopefully some work on his face-offs, this kid could add to the depth later on down the road depending on what happens with the rest of the 2nd/3rd line centre depth we have.

snizzbone*

I believe the plan is to send Holland back down once we are healthy, hopefully before the 25 game mark so we don't lose our 2nd. He doesn't need to pass through waivers.

Then next year he starts on the team as we have a few contracts we need to sort out.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I believe the plan is to send Holland back down once we are healthy, hopefully before the 25 game mark so we don't lose our 2nd. He doesn't need to pass through waivers.

Then next year he starts on the team as we have a few contracts we need to sort out.

I can imagine we use him 25+, it makes no sense. We need out second pick too badly.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If he is cheaper? by that logic kessel should be traded

you want kadri gone it seems so bozak can stay

Kessel plays a different position, and he has earned the right through the merit of his play to be paid 8M per.

Show me a post where I said I want Kadri gone, if you cannot see a Bolland signing in the off season, and if Holland is ready within a year that it leaves Kadri in an precarious position when his contract is up, you need to open your eyes.

It's no different than the Bruins trading Seguin this summer partially for cap reasons and going with a cheaper Ericksson.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Holland has 21 games left with the Leafs before the trade becomes a 2nd rd pick. For this, I don't think Nonis is concerned about the pick if Holland can help us now. He is basically competing with Trevor Smith, Ashton for that extra spot.

Bozak and Kadri are cemented on the top 2 lines. Given Holland played well sheltered with Raymond and Kule, he may see more time. Trevor Smith has played well since being called up too, so we do have some options.

If Holland plays lights out if sent to the Marlies, he forces the hand of Mgt too. It's a good spot to be in from having Mckegg as the next best Center call up.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Holland has 21 games left with the Leafs before the trade becomes a 2nd rd pick. For this, I don't think Nonis is concerned about the pick if Holland can help us now. He is basically competing with Trevor Smith, Ashton for that extra spot.

Bozak and Kadri are cemented on the top 2 lines. Given Holland played well sheltered with Raymond and Kule, he may see more time. Trevor Smith has played well since being called up too, so we do have some options.

If Holland plays lights out if sent to the Marlies, he forces the hand of Mgt too. It's a good spot to be in from having Mckegg as the next best Center call up.

If they play Holland 25 games they are more dumb than I thought. Clarkson and Bozak were terrible signings alone, giving up a 2nd for a project player when the Cs we are using are capable and Holland is not a 3c type.

Doing everything else the same and trying Grabo at wing and not signing Clarkson would have made this team far better.

Holland is a good prospect, Clarkson and Bozak are plugs, the cement you speak of is of poor mixture, it's been crumbling all year save for Reimer and Bernier. The C have been junk at making **** happen, our saving grace is wings that pick up the slack, without those two tenders this team is honestly bottom ten in the NHL. All because poor center choices.

Edit: and that includes Kadri too. He has been just ok, he does not seem himself. Talent wise he is fine an Bolland too but we don't have him now

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
He's not ready for the top line yet, but he adds depth to our Centers. When Kadri's contract is up in a year and half, Holland may be a better option if he keeps progressing. He will be cheaper, and this may tip the scales in Nonis' mind. He can play his way onto the Leafs top 9.

i doubt it will be kadri being moved out... lmao

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
i doubt it will be kadri being moved out... lmao

They'll all be ex-Leafs sooner or later.

If Holland is playing as well as or almost as well as Kadri and Kadri wants more than the Leafs are willing to play, I could see them choosing Holland over Kadri.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If they play Holland 25 games they are more dumb than I thought. Clarkson and Bozak were terrible signings alone, giving up a 2nd for a project player when the Cs we are using are capable and Holland is not a 3c type.

Doing everything else the same and trying Grabo at wing and not signing Clarkson would have made this team far better.

Holland is a good prospect, Clarkson and Bozak are plugs, the cement you speak of is of poor mixture, it's been crumbling all year save for Reimer and Bernier. The C have been junk at making **** happen, our saving grace is wings that pick up the slack, without those two tenders this team is honestly bottom ten in the NHL. All because poor center choices.

Edit: and that includes Kadri too. He has been just ok, he does not seem himself. Talent wise he is fine an Bolland too but we don't have him now

Is the difference between a 3rd round pick and a 2nd round pick really that big of a deal? If Holland is playing well and helping the Leafs, is removing him really worth that savings?

And by the way we get it, you didn't like the moves of buying out Grabo and signing Clarkson. What is the point of saying it over and over again? To annoy other posters? If so, are you not a troll?

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
So no matter what we do with the kid, there's going to be complaints (as usual). Keep him up, we lose our 2nd and people complain. Send him down, "He's the next Colborne Guyz!!!"

From what I've seen Hollands a much better fit with us than Colborne, and he'll be playing full time in the NHL by '14-'15 at the latest, regardless of what happens now. Management may send him down, but I don't think that means it's the end for him at all. Kid will be a fine player for us in the future.

And I see the seeds for numerous Holland vs Kadri arguments in the future have been planted. Oh boy. :shakehead Would much rather get rid of Bozak somehow before those two, and run with Holland, Kadri, Bolland, McClement as our centres.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He's just as bad as Jughead when it comes to kadri bashing, he just does a better job hiding it.:shakehead

Why don't you be objective, it will add credibility to your Kadri posts, when our players play well we praise them. When they are not we critique them. Ie. Notice I blasted Lupul, Clarkson, Kessel, JVR, Franson, Gardiner, Bernier and also Kadri in the GDT last night. No one is above criticism.

I know your avatar is Kadri's # jersey, and that is fine and dandy. But even favorite players are not above criticism.

I am fan of Kadri, I defended him when he was called a bust lat summer. But objectively I want more from Naz. Playing the bashing card is not the means of a good hockey converation. Even Kessel is critiqued here when they play bad, so everyone is fair game.

Look at The bashing Bozak takes here, he hasn't even played in 11 games and still gets it.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Look Holland looks promising, is young, is under contract. He is here to fill in, Bozak will be back soon and we have other options as well. Use him sparingly and under 25 games.

2nd and 3rd is a huge deal!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

You got the players wrong.

But since you asked, I'd take Bolland and Clarkson at 8.62M over Grabovoski and Macarthur at 8.75M 10/10 and twice on Saturday's and twice on Sunday's.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Raymond replaced Frattin.

Still talking about that #84 guy? OMG. Give it a rest will you.

Raymond replaced Mac clearly. Clarkson is supposedly the more sturdy one as was Frattin. Clarkson is the 3rd liner, Raymond second so how does that even work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad