Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
If Kadri becomes the player we all hope he will and takes over, he will be asking significantly more than 6m.

If Kadri is only a 6m player by then, I don't think he's still a Leaf. (Unless of course he develops a hell of a two way game)
I could see Kadri developing into an 7-8 million dollar skilled center. Seeing that Kessel doesn't require a skilled guy in the middle, and would play much more consistently with a defensively-oriented power forward. Rather someone like Gauthier or Holland would be the better fit.

As for Bozak, I could see him stabilising the second line as well. Both Clarkson, Lupul, or their successors would play a lot better with a defensive-oriented centre. Much like Chicago, we'll have a core that can be maintained long-term. I think top 9's core will look like this:

JVR - X - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - X
X - Bolland - Clarkson

If Kadri becomes a two-way wizard, we may see a two-way scoring line that has Bolland and Clarkson on his wing. I don't think the cap will be a big issue, and we may even end up trading Lupul in the coming future. Gauthier, Holland, and other prospects will be able to fill out the gaps.

Bolland - Kadri - Clarkson.

It'd be like our own Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson line.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I could see Kadri developing into an 7-8 million dollar skilled center. Seeing that Kessel doesn't require a skilled guy in the middle, and would play much more consistently with a defensively-oriented power forward. Rather someone like Gauthier or Holland would be the better fit.

As for Bozak, I could see him stabilising the second line as well. Both Clarkson, Lupul, or their successors would play a lot better with a defensive-oriented centre. Much like Chicago, we'll have a core that can be maintained long-term. I think top 9's core will look like this:

JVR - X - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - X
X - Bolland - Clarkson

If Kadri becomes a two-way wizard, we may see a two-way scoring line that has Bolland and Clarkson on his wing. I don't think the cap will be a big issue, and we may even end up trading Lupul in the coming future. Gauthier, Holland, and other prospects will be able to fill out the gaps.

Bolland - Kadri - Clarkson.

It'd be like our own Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson line.

Wait,What????? UMMMMM!!!

What, i ahhhh, HUH?

Your premise goes like this?

In 2 years Kadri becomes a 7/8m player, thats #1c money and once we finally have a #1c we don't keep him?

I don't see your projected Bol,Clark 3rd line as a reality.

Bol is likely going to push for 4m next contract. I don't see DN using 9.2m cap for just 2/3 rds of his 3rd line.

Truth be told, i can see it coming down to us either keeping Bol or Bozo IF we ever get our hands on what they call a true #1.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
@markhmasters 4m
Peter Holland came off ice at yesterday's practice to find many msgs on phone: friends/family wanted to know how Kessel (flu) was doing

Well he's definitely joined the Leafs that's for sure :laugh:. Now that the minor stuff like being traded to the Leafs is out of the way he can now keep family and friends appraised :laugh:.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
14% on faceoffs tonight but he's young. He'll be inconsistent for a while. Can't wait to see how he will be going forward though.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Aside from the Faceoffs I thought he was very good tonight. Nice set of hands and a high hockey IQ.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Aside from the Faceoffs I thought he was very good tonight. Nice set of hands and a high hockey IQ.

Yeah, I liked what I saw too. He looks like a serious prospect that will be important for our future. Hopefully we can have Kadri-Holland as 1-2 punch in the future.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I can see that line struggling to score as well.
If Kadri becomes as good as Bergeron, it could definitely be doable. Seeing that he's the next Gilmour, all you need to do is give him room. Bolland has been producing at a 0.8PPG pace with Raymond and Kulemin on his wings. I'm sure, he'd do fine with Clarkson and Kadri.

That line would be receiving top six minutes in TOI. Bozak's line, on the other hand, would be more of a secondary scoring line. He would be excellent centring both Lupul and another scoring winger. Otherwise, he'll likely be remaining on the top line, and it's already obvious that he's going to be here long-term.

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Wait,What????? UMMMMM!!!

What, i ahhhh, HUH?

Your premise goes like this?

In 2 years Kadri becomes a 7/8m player, thats #1c money and once we finally have a #1c we don't keep him?

I don't see your projected Bol,Clark 3rd line as a reality.

Bol is likely going to push for 4m next contract. I don't see DN using 9.2m cap for just 2/3 rds of his 3rd line.

Truth be told, i can see it coming down to us either keeping Bol or Bozo IF we ever get our hands on what they call a true #1.
If Kadri becomes a #1C, he still isn't going to fit will with Kessel. Much like how the Heatley - Spezza - Alfy line is probably not what we want. Instead, we should be looking at developing MULTIPLE top lines.

Look at Chicago.

Toews forms the top line.

Kane forms the scoring line.

That's how we should do it, with Kadri - Kessel on separate lines. The idea that Kessel is going to produce more is ridiculous, he's very productive with the likes of Holland in the middle. In fact, give him that PWF, and that's when he starts looking even better. Space is what he needs to thrive, while JVR needs someone that help him out.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Holland has been OK, really against Buffalo and The Isles, you aren't going to enter a situation as good as this one. Unfortunately for Peter, Trevor Smith has seized the opportunity and deserves a shot on this team.

Holland will only be a few miles west down the street, a phone call away.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If Kadri becomes a #1C, he still isn't going to fit will with Kessel. Much like how the Heatley - Spezza - Alfy line is probably not what we want. Instead, we should be looking at developing MULTIPLE top lines.

Look at Chicago.

That's how we should do it, with Kadri - Kessel on separate lines. The idea that Kessel is going to produce more is ridiculous, he's very productive with the likes of Holland in the middle. In fact, give him that PWF, and that's when he starts looking even better. Space is what he needs to thrive, while JVR needs someone that help him out.

Kadri is not going to fit with Kessel,???

Where do you come up with this crap?

Have you seen the numbers they have posted in a short sample size?

How about we give that line a honest look before we call it a no go?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So 2 games in an what's the general consensus?

I was expecting a lot more talk in this thread after game 2.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
He's got the tools, he needs more AHL seasoning however, smith deserves the spot.

Bozak
Kadri
Clemmer
Smith

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
He's got the tools, he needs more AHL seasoning however, smith deserves the spot.

Bozak
Kadri
Clemmer
Smith

If it were up to me i'd go Smith as #3. Smithson centers the 4th (better at faceoffs) with Mcclement on a wing and the fighters rotating in.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Look at Chicago.

I feel like we already have that

JVR - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri

All can be considered top line players based on offensive production. Scary how far this team has come, even scarier that our core players have all been traded for which begs the question was Fletcher right with draft-schmaft?

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

JVR - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri

All can be considered top line players based on offensive production. Scary how far this team has come, even scarier that our core players have all been traded for which begs the question was Fletcher right with draft-schmaft?

Kadri and Rielly are both key pieces for us. You can't really say draft-schmaft either because pretty much all of our core pieces were drafted in the top half of the first round:

JVR (2), Kessel (5), Rielly (5), Kadri (7), Lupul (7), Phaneuf (9), Bernier (11), and Gardiner (17)

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
very pleased with holland, could be a realy player for us. Smith deserves the spot and has played better imo, but u can see how Holland has hype. Big fast nice shot. AHL seasoning but i can see him being a real player for us. Good Deal Nonis.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

JVR - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri

We don't have atleast 3 of these names if we did not sck.

I don't think Boston makes the Kessel trade if we were a strong team at the time of the trade.

We don't think we get JVR if we do not draft LS at 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino