Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You got the players wrong.

But since you asked, I'd take Bolland and Clarkson at 8.62M over Grabovoski and Macarthur at 8.75M 10/10 and twice on Saturday's and twice on Sunday's.

More to the point would be to choose between:

1 - Grabovsky and Macarthur.

2 - Bolland and Clarkson, give away 2nd round pick, two 4th round picks and use up a compliance buyout which could have been used on Liles.

Last edited by a moderator:

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Why don't you be objective, it will add credibility to your Kadri posts, when our players play well we praise them. When they are not we critique them. Ie. Notice I blasted Lupul, Clarkson, Kessel, JVR, Franson, Gardiner, Bernier and also Kadri in the GDT last night. No one is above criticism.

I know your avatar is Kadri's # jersey, and that is fine and dandy. But even favorite players are not above criticism.

I am fan of Kadri, I defended him when he was called a bust lat summer. But objectively I want more from Naz. Playing the bashing card is not the means of a good hockey converation. Even Kessel is critiqued here when they play bad, so everyone is fair game.

Look at The bashing Bozak takes here, he hasn't even played in 11 games and still gets it.

Tell it like it is bro. You have a enormous man crush on Bozak, and it bothers you that people constantly rate Kadri higher as a player.
Come on we both know its true.
As for bozak getting bashed, why woudnt he? A brutal defensive center who looks bad under every single advanced stat microscope who was given a huge money deal because he is roomies with Kessel...

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Tell it like it is bro. You have a enormous man crush on Bozak, and it bothers you that people constantly rate Kadri higher as a player.
As for bozak getting bashed, why woudnt he? A brutal defensive center who looks bad under every single advanced stat microscope who waw given a huge money deal because he is roomies with Kessel...

Wiser claps

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
As for bozak getting bashed, why woudnt he? A brutal defensive center who looks bad under every single advanced stat microscope who was given a huge money deal because he is roomies with Kessel...

Nonis and Carlyle don't seem to mind Bozak. I value their opinions. As do many Leafs fans.

Bozak is +5 this year, he plays 20 mins a game, our PK has gone south since he has been out and makes less than Stephen Weiss or Grabovski last year. Not sure how you equate 4.2 as enoromous. Explain please.

I don't care what some posters write, since I take their posts with grains of salt. Sorry to disappoint, I only care what reasonable posters write. And judging by your over-defensiveness about Kadri, comments of roomies, I know which group you are in.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Strange though, Kessel, JVR and even Lupul all play their best when Bozak is in the middle. Some here actually want the team to do well. If Kadri was rated higher than Bozak, why is it the higher rated player has no effect on Kessel and JVR, yet those wingers thrive when Bozak is in the middle.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Strange though, Kessel, JVR and even Lupul all play their best when Bozak is in the middle. Some here actually want the team to do well. If Kadri was rated higher than Bozak, why is it the higher rated player has no effect on Kessel and JVR, yet those wingers thrive when Bozak is in the middle.

Really? Thats quite a claim. Lets see some statistical backup on that, because TML Hotstove very well documented that Bozak decreased Kessels Points per minute of ice time last summer when Bozak got his new deal.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Thought this was a thread about Peter Holland - not one about Kadri vs Bozak

One thing that's lost in all this back and forth is that Interactif clearly is expecting more from Kadri this season .. Particularly with the injuries, he's looking for Kadri to take his game to the next level

Obviously Naz hasn't been able to take the reigns ... Now, I'm willing to be patient because it's his first full 82 game season and he's only 22 .. He's still got room to grow - basically he's gone through the entire process where he's now broken through to be an NHL regular .. Now he's got to learn how to perform consistently; learn how to take his game to that elite level on a nightly basis while facing the toughest competition .. That's where he's struggling right now, but I think we should give him some time before dismissing him

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005

One thing that's lost in all this back and forth is that Interactif clearly is expecting more from Kadri this season .. Particularly with the injuries, he's looking for Kadri to take his game to the next level

Obviously Naz hasn't been able to take the reigns ... Now, I'm willing to be patient because it's his first full 82 game season and he's only 22 .. He's still got room to grow - basically he's gone through the entire process where he's now broken through to be an NHL regular .. Now he's got to learn how to perform consistently; learn how to take his game to that elite level on a nightly basis while facing the toughest competition .. That's where he's struggling right now, but I think we should give him some time before dismissing him
Sure he should step up and be an elite player. But with 15 points in 19 games he is doing ok. Not great of course, just ok.
Now how about he applies that same standard to Bozak. What did he have 5 points in 11 games?
I think its fair to expect him to step up to his new contract. Heck he is 28 in the prime years of his career and has a huge new deal. Kadri is 22 making small money (relatively speaking)

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Really? Thats quite a claim. Lets see some statistical backup on that, because TML Hotstove very well documented that Bozak decreased Kessels Points per minute of ice time last summer when Bozak got his new deal.

Isnt that odd? Kessel was top 10 in scoring in the entire NHL 2 years in a row with Bozak as his center. Not to mention as fact, Lupul and JVR had career years with Bozak in the middle. The coach must not be nearly as astute as yourself, he clearly must not be bright, when he constantly puts Bozak on the first line. Heck, tthe other coach did the same as well. I wouldn't expect an oiler fan to understand that, or even follow the Leafs, but these boards welcomes other teams fans to other boards to promote discussion.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Nonis and Carlyle don't seem to mind Bozak. I value their opinions. As do many Leafs fans.

Bozak is +5 this year, he plays 20 mins a game, our PK has gone south since he has been out and makes less than Stephen Weiss or Grabovski last year. Not sure how you equate 4.2 as enoromous. Explain please.

Our PK was crap when Bozak was still on the team. The PK woes started in the first Edmonton game and have continued ever since. Not to mention the biggest difference is the number of shots allowed on the PK, which has been extremely poor since the very beginning of the season, with or without Bozak. I'll be creating a thread on this later today.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I appreciate your comments, that you even take time to read my posts. Some posters are far too sensitive and over defensive when it comes to certain players, that it's not worth my time responding.

The point is Nazem after a breakout year, has not taken the next step fwd. With Bolland and Bozak out, not sure where the hate is. We all want this, and I say it in this post, Nazem can do it, he has the talent, he has the prove you wrong attitude.

So there you have it, I am a believer in Naz as I always have been. Just like to see him start living up to it.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Isnt that odd? Kessel was top 10 in scoring in the entire NHL 2 years in a row with Bozak as his center. Not to mention as fact, Lupul and JVR had career years with Bozak in the middle. The coach must not be nearly as astute as yourself, he clearly must not be bright, when he constantly puts Bozak on the first line. Heck, tthe other coach did the same as well. I wouldn't expect an oiler fan to understand that, or even follow the Leafs, but these boards welcomes other teams fans to other boards to promote discussion.

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/17/why-tyler-bozak-should-have-played-his-last-game-as-a-leaf
ok please refute this with some hard facts...
I dont want to here anecdotes. Facts and number speak for themself.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/17/why-tyler-bozak-should-have-played-his-last-game-as-a-leaf
ok please refute this with some hard facts...
I dont want to here anecdotes. Facts and number speak for themself.

I just shown you the facts. You can easily see that Kessel was top 10 scoring 2 years in a row with Bozak in the middle. That's about as factual as thing can get. You still haven't answered why the last two coaches continually used an inferior and non talented center, constantly, on the top line with Kessel?

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
I just shown you the facts. You can easily see that Kessel was top 10 scoring 2 years in a row with Bozak in the middle. That's about as factual as thing can get. You still haven't answered why the last two coaches continually used an inferior and non talented center, constantly, on the top line with Kessel?

Coaches have comfort zones. Bozak is a very comfortable zone. He doesnt turn the puck over, wins more faceoffs than he loses, doesnt take risks.
Let me know when you bother reading the article.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Coaches have comfort zones. Bozak is a very comfortable zone. He doesnt turn the puck over, wins more faceoffs than he loses, doesnt take risks.
Let me know when you bother reading the article.

He's a ghost that leeches off his wingers, and he's been horrible in the faceoff dot this year too. He doesn't bring anything to the team besides that 4.2mil cap hit and the status of 'being roomies with Kessel'.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto

Thats not even correct so, no, its not factual

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
I appreciate your comments, that you even take time to read my posts. Some posters are far too sensitive and over defensive when it comes to certain players, that it's not worth my time responding.

The point is Nazem after a breakout year, has not taken the next step fwd. With Bolland and Bozak out, not sure where the hate is. We all want this, and I say it in this post, Nazem can do it, he has the talent, he has the prove you wrong attitude.

So there you have it, I am a believer in Naz as I always have been. Just like to see him start living up to it.

When would you like Bozak to live up to your eitheryour standards or that new contract?
Is he exempt from criticism?
Seems like Kadri and before him Grabovski are open season despite being far superior players statistically.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When would you like Bozak to live up to your eitheryour standards or that new contract?
Seems like Kadri and before him Grabovski are open season despite being far superior players statistically.

Most reasonable posters know Bozak for what he is, tell me this. Is he not better than a 5.5 caphit that was a collective -20 last season, with a mere 18 points, that didn't fit on the first, second or 3rd lines?

Atleast with Bozak you get 20 mins, Faceoffs, PK, PP, a team player, at 4.2 a player that fits in well on this team, unlike the 5.5 one.

You seem to think Bozak is being paid to be a #1 elite center, if so you are wrong. How many elite C's make 4.2? It's your opinion that Bozak is not earning his contract, Nonis would not agree. If this is the case where were you when Grabovoski was not earning his 5.5 last season?

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto

What would YOU like to see from Bozak? He is what he is, and it's what we have available right now. If you have another solution that you can show me will work, by all means promote that idea. But you're just saying "Bozak is bad". That doesn't really mean much.

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
Most reasonable posters know Bozak for what he is, tell me this. Is he not better than a 5.5 caphit that was a collective -20 last season, with a mere 18 points, that didn't fit on the first, second or 3rd lines?

Atleast with Bozak you get 20 mins, Faceoffs, PK, PP, a team player, at 4.2 a player that fits in well on this team, unlike the 5.5 one.

You seem to think Bozak is being paid to be a #1 elite center, if so you are wrong. How many elite C's make 4.2? It's your opinion that Bozak is not earning his contract, Nonis would not agree. If this is the case where were you when Grabovoski was not earning his 5.5 last season?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471362
hmm... 18 points in 22 games... not bad at all.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
bozak is a 3.5M player. He is a good player to have on your team because he is so versatile. He can pk, pp, faceoff (well used to be good at this), and he is good at shootouts. The type quality plug you will find on a cup winning team. That being said he is not a top 6 C and shouldnt be playing there unless its for spot duties. I hate that we overpaid for him because I hate overpaying for middling players, period. I mean I will never understand the need to be generous with bozak/clarkson ilk players but then turn around and be stingy with kadri ilk players. I just dont get it.

I remember people crying about the thought of giving kessel 8M.. lol. With these types of players you just shut up and give them their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad