Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
He definitely did not play huge minutes on the power play after returning from the hamstring,
blue jackets 0 time on the pp
30 seconds against the Sabres
1 power play against pit

not all that significant, I dont get what you are trying to prove

Last game he played in against sharks Bozak: 2.7 PP Kessel: 3.5

Game before that against MTL Bozak 4.7 PP Kessel :4.6

Game before that against Buff only .6 but Kessel : .6

Game before that against pitt Bozak : 2.1 Kessel 2.3

Game before that was against Columbus and he didn't get any, but that was his first game back.

Those are his 5 games he played when coming back from his last injury, was on the top PP unit for all but the first game back.

So what I was trying to prove was that he was playing the PP, clearly

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Must be in the wrong thread... Didn't realize this was a Clarkson vs Kulemin poll.

If you read what I'd been replying to it was in relation to Holland being in the lineup permanently, someone else was arguing that Clarkson should be 4th line, I gave them a reason why Kulemin should, because in the situation it was used as a checking line

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
4 goals and 6 points in 12 game has not made him impossible to send down.

Before Sat he had 2 goals and 3 points in 12 games.

I'm hoping he develops to and I like the guy, but we're jumping the gun

whats his percentage of points when he has over 10 min of ice time?

just because he doesn't put up points in 5 min of ice time doesn't mean he isn't going to put up points.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Game before that was against Columbus and he didn't get any, but that was his first game back.

Those are his 5 games he played when coming back from his last injury, was on the top PP unit for all but the first game back.

You have 70 posts in this thread and almost none about Holland and most about Bozak. :sarcasm:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

well then that still ***** on your theory right? that's unfortunate, by the way to try and portray bozak you act as though hes not even an nhl player, the thing you have failed to realize throughout all of this, is that he is still this teams number 1 center and you need to come to terms with that

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
One thing: When Rielly scored his 1st goal, Holland immediately went to pick up the puck. He was right by the goal so its nothing too special, but it was nice to see a younger guy and a new member of the team do something that we generally expect to see from veterans

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
One thing: When Rielly scored his 1st goal, Holland immediately went to pick up the puck. He was right by the goal so its nothing too special, but it was nice to see a younger guy and a new member of the team do something that we generally expect to see from veterans

I surprisingly noticed that to.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Smart player who knows his skills and limitations is a good description of Holland. Very surprised Anahiem let him go so easy.

Your right he does know his limitations, he doesn't like to be hit or hit, he fits right in with the other Soft forwards in the top 6.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Smart player who knows his skills and limitations is a good description of Holland. Very surprised Anahiem let him go so easy.

Ducks received Leafs 2nd rounder (conditional), Jesse Blacker (former Leaf 2nd round selection and their own 7th rounder back.

That seems like a fairly strong return for a depth player in their organization. He certainly didn't come cheap.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Correct. Nik Lidström, for example, was a sissy crap hockey player.

Probably the most intelligent player since Gretzky, if you watch the Leafs night after night blowing their assignments, their team and individual IQ tests would be at the bottom of the league. We went from Holland to Gretzky and Lidstrom, hardly a fair comparison. :help:

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Probably the most intelligent player since Gretzky, if you watch the Leafs night after night blowing their assignments, their team and individual IQ tests would be at the bottom of the league. We went from Holland to Gretzky and Lidstrom, hardly a fair comparison. :help:

The comparison was strictly based off the criticism of "soft" players. A strong team composition needs a variety though I do see the issue with having a top 6 made up solely of "soft" players.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
whats his percentage of points when he has over 10 min of ice time?

just because he doesn't put up points in 5 min of ice time doesn't mean he isn't going to put up points.

8 points in the 12 games this season where he had over 10:00 TOI. It's probably not that simple, but it looks like top six production when given better than fourth line minutes. He has played half the minutes of Bozak and is only 4pts back in scoring and if he had as much total ice time as the top forwards he would be leading them in hits. Too small a sample of course and the one big game pumps his numbers too much but the next 15 games will be interesting if they don`t peel back his minutes.

DaveT83*

What really stands out about this kid is his ability to use his size. On a team plagued with ineffective small forwards its refreshing to watch a guy hold on to the puck long enough to make a play with it - instead of simply throwing it away and/or being rubbed out of play entirely.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Ducks received Leafs 2nd rounder (conditional), Jesse Blacker (former Leaf 2nd round selection and their own 7th rounder back.

That seems like a fairly strong return for a depth player in their organization. He certainly didn't come cheap.

Blacker wasn't cracking this team, And if the deal turns out to be Holland for a 2nd then that's fine by me.

If we compare him to another one of our centre men in Bozak, He was still playing NCAA hockey at Holland's age.

crazyaces**

Blacker wasn't cracking this team, And if the deal turns out to be Holland for a 2nd then that's fine by me.

If we compare him to another one of our centre men in Bozak, He was still playing NCAA hockey at Holland's age.

Blacker has 3 goals 7 points (9 games) in the AHL!

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
I haven't been able to watch the leafs lately due to exams.

How has Holland looked? Is he noticable out there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille