Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Goalies are weird and always a crap shoot but Swayman looks scary good this series.

Even in the regular season Swayman had a .959 save percentage against the Leafs this season. He's had their number this whole season.

The Leafs either have to figure it out or start winning 1-0 or 2-1 games.

Reactions: Szechwan

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Going to be tough for TOR to come back from this. If they lose, I would expect Shanahan to lose his job, because I can't imagine that ownership trusts him to fix what's wrong with the team, unless ownership just doesn't care because the Leafs are a cash cow.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
If I hear one word next season about how Matthews in on the same level as McDavid, MacKinnon, Kucherov or Draisaitl, I'm just going to post this.

The best players in the game elevate their games come playoff time.

And then there's Matthews.

(Brad Marchand added for comparison).

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 08.59.57.png

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Reilly in the postgame when asked about people getting frustrated on the bench and in the locker room.

"There's no point in being too frustrated, unless it's going to lead to work ethic... If you're gonna get frustrated - it has to lead to motivation and work ethic."

That's a shot.
Oof...

Matthews will surely have to step up now.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I am only cheering for Toronto because I hate Bruins more. But must be hard for Leafs fans. This makes 8 years in a row. Went 12 years before that never made playoffs. Haven't won a Cup in 57 years. Never been to Finals in that time. Only made conference finals twice since '67.

I'd like to see Leafs get on a roll and make Finals. Their fans have to be definition of pain.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I am only cheering for Toronto because I hate Bruins more. But must be hard for Leafs fans. This makes 8 years in a row. Went 12 years before that never made playoffs. Haven't won a Cup in 57 years. Never been to Finals in that time. Only made conference finals twice since '67.

I'd like to see Leafs get on a roll and make Finals. Their fans have to be definition of pain.
8 years in a row for what?

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
Kind of pissed that the leafs started with a jump to the the third period maybe if they played like that in the first and tried for the first goal we would of had a series.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Food poisoning is terrible.

I remember the NBA Finals game in 1997 when Michael Jordan played with food poisoning from some bad pizza. Pain-killers, fluid injections, and had to be practically carried off the floor after the game. Still managed to drop 38 points including a clutch 3-pointer that put the Bulls into the lead with seconds to go in the game. Stuff of legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad