Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
I haven't been able to watch the leafs lately due to exams.

How has Holland looked? Is he noticable out there ?

I think as he's gotten more comfortable he's definitely gotten better.

The thing is he has to do this consistently, then he'll definitely be a solid centre in the NHL.

So far though he's been a good addition.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
This Holland trade is beginning to look like a steal.

Looks like a fair trade to me

a 7th(anaheims) and Blacker are basically a bag of a pucks.

2nd for Holland so far has been fair, he's at least a good depth centre, and will improve with more minutes.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Getting better with each game and showing that he's a legitimate NHL calibre offensive forward and not a bust. Looking forward to seeing him play a more prominent role in the near future, or at least until we're healthy again.

JMcLeaf

Looks like a fair trade to me

a 7th(anaheims) and Blacker are basically a bag of a pucks.

2nd for Holland so far has been fair, he's at least a good depth centre, and will improve with more minutes.

He's off to a solid start with Norfolk. 7 pts in 9 games.

Hope he continues to do well and hopefully turn into an NHL player. Always liked him.

Happy with Holland so far.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
this is a deal that benefits both teams

we get a centre (either depth wise or makes an impact now)
and Anaheim gets a defenseman that was never going to really crack it up here.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
I've certainly not shyed away over the past seasons expressing my disdain for Nazem Kadri; kid's got a boatload of talent, but just rubs me the wrong way...all style, no substance...cocky, arrogant, and selfish with the puck. He has now also shown in many games now with JVR & Kessel, that he is NOT the guy.

With Holland impressing, and he is. His 2 way game is showing, and now with Lupul & Raymond, we're starting to see his Offensive flair. Not to mention his obvious maturity. I'm personally quite comfortable with them developing Holland to be the permanent 2nd line guy, and going into next season with Bozak, Holland, Bolland, and McClement as our 4Cs...I'm good with that, as there's no way we're getting a bonafide #1 anytime soon.

Maybe now is a good time at looking at packaging Kadri & either Gardiner or Franson for a nice juicy return? A Nice big #2 defenseman possibly?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I've certainly not shyed away over the past seasons expressing my disdain for Nazem Kadri; kid's got a boatload of talent, but just rubs me the wrong way...all style, no substance...cocky, arrogant, and selfish with the puck. He has now also shown in many games now with JVR & Kessel, that he is NOT the guy.

With Holland impressing, and he is. His 2 way game is showing, and now with Lupul & Raymond, we're starting to see his Offensive flair. Not to mention his obvious maturity. I'm personally quite comfortable with them developing Holland to be the permanent 2nd line guy, and going into next season with Bozak, Holland, Bolland, and McClement as our 4Cs...I'm good with that, as there's no way we're getting a bonafide #1 anytime soon.

Maybe now is a good time at looking at packaging Kadri & either Gardiner or Franson for a nice juicy return? A Nice big #2 defenseman possibly?

So our weakest position is C and are in need of a #2 d-man.

Why don't we trade our only C with offensive skill and a d-man with #2 upside?

Got it!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

To winnipeg: Kadri + gardiner+ reimer

To Toronto: bogosian + Kane

Jvr bozak kessel
Lupul holland Raymond
Kane bolland kulemin
Orr mcclement d'amigo

Bogosian phaneuf
Gunnarsson franson
Rielly ranger/Fraser

Bernier
Backup

Done! Move clarkson for needed space.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
To winnipeg: Kadri + gardiner+ reimer

To Toronto: bogosian + Kane

Jvr bozak clarkson
Lupul holland Raymond
Kane bolland kulemin
Orr mcclement d'amigo

Bogosian phaneuf
Gunnarsson franson
Rielly ranger/Fraser

Bernier
Backup

Done!

:whaaa?:

And Kessel is just off in the ether somewhere?

mikebel111*

In what way cocky? The guy is confident. Much less turnovers. Good in own end now. The terms u described nazem dont really apply to him.

Yeah trading a young player. That has worked well for us before.

Kadri is not ready for 1C yet. IDK why you think that because kadri isnt producing, he is not the guy. Kadri is not ready. He will be though.

Plus his compete and heart is through the roof

Kadri and holland sound really good. Better than what u suggested though

I cant believe the amount of people that have suggested that since holland is playing good, we should trade kadri. Not right at all.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
8 pts in 15 games a Leaf (44pts in 82 games) with 11:53 TOI. He's been playing very well with limited time on ice. I'm impressed.

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
If we give up a 2nd (which we will), it will be a fair trade, definitely not a steal. Anyway, the trade made sense for us.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Why the hell are we trading Kadri again? What happens if Holland goes into a slump? You may never know with youngsters like Holland who tends to be streaky at times.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Why the hell are we trading Kadri again? What happens if Holland goes into a slump? You may never know with youngsters like Holland who tends to be streaky at times.

You look at moving Kadri because he has value and could possibly bring a better return.

And I don't share the opinion of many with Kadri coloured goggles, but his confidence is OVER confidence, he's NOT good in his own end, as pointed out MANY times on broadcasts during intermissions. He has all that offensive talent, but that's it. It takes more than being a one dimensional player, which he has been since his junior days and doesn't look to be maturing much since.

And yes, Peter Holland has shown that he has been developing well in Anaheim's system and is playing himself into a Top 6 role here; and right now there's no reason to move him.

So when Bozak is ready to come back, like it or not, he will be with JVR and Kessel, the chemistry is there. What do you do with Kadri? Do you split up the chemistry that is currently there between Lupul Holland and Raymond just beacuse Kadri SHOULD be the #2? I wouldn't.

I simply think Kadri, in a package, could fetch a nicer return in the long run.

And if Holland goes into a slump, as someone suggested, that's why you sign a guy like Dave Bolland long term, so he can step into that 2nd line spot.

I will never question Kadri's talent level, he's got that in spades. I just don't think he'll ever be a #1, and could garner more in trade for the betterment of the team.

And by the way...he really isn't having that great of a season, he's been just as most of the team: mediocre at best

mikebel111*

You look at moving Kadri because he has value and could possibly bring a better return.

And I don't share the opinion of many with Kadri coloured goggles, but his confidence is OVER confidence, he's NOT good in his own end, as pointed out MANY times on broadcasts during intermissions. He has all that offensive talent, but that's it. It takes more than being a one dimensional player, which he has been since his junior days and doesn't look to be maturing much since.

And yes, Peter Holland has shown that he has been developing well in Anaheim's system and is playing himself into a Top 6 role here; and right now there's no reason to move him.

So when Bozak is ready to come back, like it or not, he will be with JVR and Kessel, the chemistry is there. What do you do with Kadri? Do you split up the chemistry that is currently there between Lupul Holland and Raymond just beacuse Kadri SHOULD be the #2? I wouldn't.

I simply think Kadri, in a package, could fetch a nicer return in the long run.

And if Holland goes into a slump, as someone suggested, that's why you sign a guy like Dave Bolland long term, so he can step into that 2nd line spot.

I will never question Kadri's talent level, he's got that in spades. I just don't think he'll ever be a #1, and could garner more in trade for the betterment of the team.

And by the way...he really isn't having that great of a season, he's been just as most of the team: mediocre at best

Bad in own end? Yup not true anymore. Man more kadri has bad attitude. Can we stop with this now. That isnt true. And how about the chem that lupul and kadri had,
We should we switch that?

Kadri is maturing ur just not paying attention. Randy has complemented him many times.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Other then his skating he's been solid. An extra half step would do wonders for this kids game. Barb will fix.

Last edited:

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011
Other then his skating he's been solid. An extra half step would do wonders for this kids game. Barb will fix.

Funny you mention Underhill...she was one of the first people who Holland worked with when he arrived in Toronto. Barb Underhill worked as a skating coach with the Guelph Storm, as her husband Rick Gaetz, is a part owner of the team; she may still be a coach with them. Well, who played 4 seasons for Guelph and has already worked with her in the past: Peter Holland. Small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino