Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Why is Clarkson ahead of Kulemin on your depth chart? Kulemin is a top 9 forward.

Clarkson should be on the fourth line

Kulemin much more useful in a checking role then Clarkson is. Kulemin also more useful then Clarkson in a scoring role so not much choice haha

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
A difference between two biased samples (even strength goals for/against) can still be statistically significant. If you're claiming the difference between Bozak/Kadri/Holland/a pylon's production at even strength is statistically insignificant, you would have to show that it's likely due just to random chance and not any difference in the quality of the players. Choosing to include powerplay production might make the error bars smaller, but that has no bearing on whether the even strength stats are significant or not.

Thats not true at all, im setting my p value to be less than or equal to .05 thus eliminating the error that way, eliminating 30% of my N value is going to skew the correlation factor thus supporting their claim that bozak is useless

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I like his offensive skill, I just wish he wasn't so tentative to throw his body on the opposing D. He goes into the corner very softly for a man his size. However, he's not bad once they establish a cycle along the boards.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The only way we will know for sure is if it actually happens, Bozak has spent his entire career on the first line, would at least be nice to know what he can provide else where

It would be interesting, but take into account that when qot drops, qoc also drops accordingly so theoretically it should be similar

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004
Reading between the lines, it seems Nonis likes Holland a lot more than Carlyle does.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
It would be interesting, but take into account that when qot drops, qoc also drops accordingly so theoretically it should be similar

TOI would also be dropping, An average second liner produces around 40 points (on average) I'd be happy with this from Bozak, as I've said, this about ends the Bozak debate with me though I think we've covered all the bases! haha

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just noticed that the Anaheim boards has a countdown the games Holland plays until they get a 2nd rounder thread.

You're 1st in your division, 2nd in the entire NHL, a stanley cup contender and the thing you're counting down is the number of games a player plays until you're 3rd round pick turns into a 2nd? :laugh:

I get talking about it, I'm sure if Calgary had any chance in hell at making the playoffs we'd be talking about the Colbourne pick turning into a 3rd but an entire thread dedicated to it? Seems a little overboard but ok :)

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Thats not true at all, im setting my p value to be less than or equal to .05 thus eliminating the error that way, eliminating 30% of my N value is going to skew the correlation factor thus supporting their claim that bozak is useless

If I told you that old men have significantly poorer vision than young men, would you tell me that the trend is insignificant because I eliminated 50% of the N value from women?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im not usually one for declaring winners so early, but this already feels like a win for us. I dont see Blacker ever developing beyond a bottom pairing NHLer or AHLer.

Now saying that, the 2nd rounder we gave up probably becomes a superstar :laugh:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Just noticed that the Anaheim boards has a countdown the games Holland plays until they get a 2nd rounder thread.

You're 1st in your division, 2nd in the entire NHL, a stanley cup contender and the thing you're counting down is the number of games a player plays until you're 3rd round pick turns into a 2nd? :laugh:

I get talking about it, I'm sure if Calgary had any chance in hell at making the playoffs we'd be talking about the Colbourne pick turning into a 3rd but an entire thread dedicated to it? Seems a little overboard but ok :)

Our 2nds tend to be money... :naughty:

Well, we don't have that much to talk about. We used to generate discussions over GM Murray being fired or our team pansifying ever since Burke left, but with the team doing so well, those things are a bit off the table, for some reason. :) And we're not getting the same kind of coverage you guys get on your players and team, so we're taking every bit of substance for a thread we can get... :) Cheers!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
TOI would also be dropping, An average second liner produces around 40 points (on average) I'd be happy with this from Bozak, as I've said, this about ends the Bozak debate with me though I think we've covered all the bases! haha

It wouldnt drop as much as you would expect http://www.extraskater.com/team/toronto-maple-leafs/2013

click on 5 on 5 toi, bolland kadri and bozak are all approximately the same, pk isnt relevant because you aren't really creating goals off of it, so what you are saying isnt necessarily true, its all about the pp

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
If I told you that old men have significantly poorer vision than young men, would you tell me that the trend is insignificant because I eliminated 50% of the N value from women?

Thats not an accurate representation of this situation, nice try though, to put it in your scenario it would be like eliminating men under the age of 30 for example, really good try to trap me though, props

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
that's almost a 3 1/2 minute difference, pretty significant over the season

I told you to look at 5 on 5, the 5 on 5 time is less then a minute apart, the 3 and a half includes time spend pk'ing, which kadri doesnt do

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
I told you to look at 5 on 5, the 5 on 5 time is less then a minute apart, the 3 and a half includes time spend pk'ing, which kadri doesnt do

Fair enough, about 1 1/2 minutes, since Kadri has been playing higher minutes lately closer to 2 minutes realistically, regardless I still want to see Bozak off the top line for 3-4 games.

Edit: Kadri would also be getting more time on the top PP unit so that would mean even less playing time for Bozak

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

How many posters they have on that board, around six?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Fair enough, about 1 1/2 minutes, since Kadri has been playing higher minutes lately closer to 2 minutes realistically, regardless I still want to see Bozak off the top line for 3-4 games.

Edit: Kadri would also be getting more time on the top PP unit so that would mean even less playing time for Bozak

He wasnt playing pp when he was back anyways... so we'll see

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
He wasnt playing pp when he was back anyways... so we'll see

Just checked the 5 games that he was back for, seems like he played most (not 100%) of his PP time with Kessel and JVR still, I do remember a few shifts where they kept it Lupul-JVR-Kessel

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com
Im not usually one for declaring winners so early, but this already feels like a win for us. I dont see Blacker ever developing beyond a bottom pairing NHLer or AHLer.

Now saying that, the 2nd rounder we gave up probably becomes a superstar :laugh:

We also have a history of pulling heists on the ducks, maybe this will be the same. :naughty:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Kulemin much more useful in a checking role then Clarkson is. Kulemin also more useful then Clarkson in a scoring role so not much choice haha

Good grief. Are the nation that down on Clarkson now? That was a lot of lettuce to dish out for this guy.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Good grief. Are the nation that down on Clarkson now? That was a lot of lettuce to dish out for this guy.

If you look throughout their career their production is very similar, no argument that Clarkson is a better defensive forward than Kulemin, and Clarkson has had ample more offensive opportunities and PP time throughout his career too, not really a knock on Clarkson, but a compliment to Kulemin, very versatile player, one of my favourite leafs

Edit: Similar body type on the players as well, Kulemin can hit just as well as Clarkson but picks his spots better, much smarter defensively than Clarkson

PS. This was only an explanation to someone as to why to put Kulemin with McClement and D'amigo instead of Clarkson

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
If you look throughout their career their production is very similar, no argument that Clarkson is a better defensive forward than Kulemin, and Clarkson has had ample more offensive opportunities and PP time throughout his career too, not really a knock on Clarkson, but a compliment to Kulemin, very versatile player, one of my favourite leafs

Edit: Similar body type on the players as well, Kulemin can hit just as well as Clarkson but picks his spots better, much smarter defensively than Clarkson

PS. This was only an explanation to someone as to why to put Kulemin with McClement and D'amigo instead of Clarkson

With respect to Clarkson, shouldn't he be held to a higher standard though given his salary and that he was a big free agent splash this summer? Has he produced in accordance with payroll & the expectations that were set for him?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Just checked the 5 games that he was back for, seems like he played most (not 100%) of his PP time with Kessel and JVR still, I do remember a few shifts where they kept it Lupul-JVR-Kessel

He definitely did not play huge minutes on the power play after returning from the hamstring,
blue jackets 0 time on the pp
30 seconds against the Sabres
1 power play against pit

not all that significant, I dont get what you are trying to prove

member 147413

He needs more minutes for me to gauge his upside, but he seems very similar to Kadri in that he tries to do too much and he likes the puck on his stick.

member 147413

Must be in the wrong thread... Didn't realize this was a Clarkson vs Kulemin poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad