Peter Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Check my posting history its all there, I am not wasting my time with you, you don't reply to contradictions I have pointed out in your posts. I am getting back on topic. This is a thread about Holland not Bozak.

The only thing you've said is that he knows his role and gets back defensively, so does Kadri? Read through your entire post history in this thread and that's actually all you've said, yet you expect me to reply to you for the 10th time here it is plain and simple, Kadri moves the puck better out of the dzone, takes the body more often and harder, and is a better skater not to mention he plays more in the other teams o-zone, leading to less time having to defend, what about that is a non answer?

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Have you considered the intangibles? Like, those blue bars look like they fit in much better with the Leafs' colour scheme than the ugly red ones. Maybe that's why both Wilson and Carlyle have seen the value of Bozak as the #1C.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Funny, I already posted this one. You'd think this would debunk the chemistry myth but nope. The counterpoint was "well it doesn't take Kessel's PP goals into account" LOL dismissed without even taking the graphs into account

I mean if they sleep in bunk beds together or they hold hands outside of the rink, then I guess they have great "chemistry" together. However, it's evident that the chemistry they have off the ice doesn't translate on the ice.

BigBust10

Nov 13, 2013
Bozak has excelled with both JVR and Kessel. Lupul and Kessel were both PPG players with Bozak. Why mess with something that's working? Kadri hasn't played better than Bozak this year, and certainly hasn't done much to say he is ready to play 1C minutes. Until then, Bozak > Kadri.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Bozak has excelled with both JVR and Kessel. Lupul and Kessel were both PPG players with Bozak. Why mess with something that's working? Kadri hasn't played better than Bozak this year, and certainly hasn't done much to say he is ready to play 1C minutes. Until then, Bozak > Kadri.

Disturbing. There is a reason kadri at age 23 is outproducing Bozak no matter on what line he plays. There is also a reason Kadri went first round 7th overall.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
KesselBozakGoals.png

KesselBozakPoints.png

KesselBozakGFGA.png

yes we've addressed this already, it isnt statistically significant because it doesnt take into account 30% of kessels goals which are coming from the power play, its not statistically relevant

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Funny, I already posted this one. You'd think this would debunk the chemistry myth but nope. The counterpoint was "well it doesn't take Kessel's PP goals into account" LOL dismissed without even taking the graphs into account

They cant be considered accurate because they have too much of the N value taken out, and 30% of the goals arent being accounted for.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh yes, let's please hush to hear the words of the almighty bo-bandy.

I could have coached that ANA team to the cup. I wonder who goes first, Bozak or Randy

Like it or not, the guy has the results to back up his decisions

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Its not even statistically significant because it is hiding 30% of his goals that do not support the overall claim

OK, but you've already said Kadri is the better, more skilled C, so wouldn't you want him on the first PP unit ANYWAYS?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I don't think you understand what statistically significant means.

yes I certainly do actually, you can not eliminate and avoid 30% of your n value, its just terrible statistical practice. 30% is statistically relevant when you base it on a standard p value of .05

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
OK, but you've already said Kadri is the better, more skilled C, so wouldn't you want him on the first PP unit ANYWAYS?

We would have to have supporting stats on bozak-kessel on the pp, note that even when bozak was back, the pp was still jvr lupul kessel, so maybe rc is changing his mind, who knows

mikebel111*

I really don't understand the love for Bolland. This roster is so small/weak he's only adding to the problem.

First u attack dion and kessel before, now bolland
He is the best all round centre on this team. He is a solution not a problem

mikebel111*

The only thing you've said is that he knows his role and gets back defensively, so does Kadri? Read through your entire post history in this thread and that's actually all you've said, yet you expect me to reply to you for the 10th time here it is plain and simple, Kadri moves the puck better out of the dzone, takes the body more often and harder, and is a better skater not to mention he plays more in the other teams o-zone, leading to less time having to defend, what about that is a non answer?

You are literally becoming my favorite poster. Lots of nice info in ur posts.
Dont mind him, this is the same guy who thinks kadri doesnt fit the culture of leafs.
I mean what the heck?

I wouldnt mind bozak on 2nd line, but he is not first line C.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
We would have to have supporting stats on bozak-kessel on the pp, note that even when bozak was back, the pp was still jvr lupul kessel, so maybe rc is changing his mind, who knows

Could probably find it but not worth it, even when they resigned Bozak they said to be the no1 center so we'll see what Randy does...

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Could probably find it but not worth it, even when they resigned Bozak they said to be the no1 center so we'll see what Randy does...

he is signed to a 2c contract though, you have to give him that

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
he is signed to a 2c contract though, you have to give him that

Yeah and if he would produce similar numbers in that role to what he's had, I'd probably be quite happy haha, it'd be nice to atleast see how it works once he is back in the line-up, can't hurt for a game or two

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
there is some leafs fanboys in here that will defend everything the team does till death. If leafs management is doing everything right, why can't we win the cup? Hell, win a playoffs series? Hell, make the playoffs? We are the richest team with the most assets yet we suck.

Bozak plays with Kessel cause they are friends. I really think our coaches play them together because they are friends.

And why the hell did Carlyle put Grabo on the third line playing with scrubs all year against the toughest opposition with no offensive zone starts? We should put an offensive black hole like Bozak in that position and should've given grabo an extended look on the top line to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad