Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Clearly not a good fit in Boston. However, Cehlarik will have at least a modest NHL career in my book. He'll fit somewhere. In a strange way, he reminds me a bit of Blake Wheeler. Underscore on "a bit" -- my point is only that he's a decent sized guy who has some skill. Appears it won't be in Boston but he'll do something is my guess.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Adios, Peter. We hardly knew ye.
too bad, has some skill, decent size , has the tools, just doesn`t seem to be a guy who can use them all at once and have an impact but I never saw what many here did with him, never impressed me, if anything, always felt he could and should be bringing more

Reactions: KiwiBruin

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
too bad, has some skill, decent size , has the tools, just doesn`t seem to be a guy who can use them all at once and have an impact but I never saw what many here did with him, never impressed me, if anything, always felt he could and should be bringing more

Those things are what made we interested in him. Having the tools and not quite getting them together is okay in a really young prospect, you expect to see that. He never has seemed to get over that hump though. In an interesting comparison, Brett Ritchie was kind of like Dallas' Cehlarik, but got more of an opportunity.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Can someone clarify something on Cehlarik?
say he's cut from Boston, does he have to go through waivers to be sent to Providence? And say he goes through, he'll have to go through waivers to be called up, right?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

He did impress me, but just not enough consistency with him. One day he'd look like a regular top six forward, but then he'd go stretches where you didn't notice him and he left you wondering why. He has NHL talent but for some reason, he just couldn't put it all together on a daily basis, it was more like a bi-weekly thing with him and that's not going to cut it at the NHL level.

I personally felt he had the ability to be a 20 goal scorer, but his chances with the Bruins, I believe maybe dwindling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad