Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - III

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would think he'll be long gone before the Bruins came up, but I'd be taking a chance on Sprong and try him on krejci right-wing, he's available and has offensive talent, registering 14 goals and 19 points in 47 games with Anaheim last year. He's only 22 year and is making only 750k this year.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
There are a few interesting players on the wire this year. Not for the Bruins but teams like Edmonton, Ottawa, LA should be able to bolster their rosters somewhat, and I guess that's the point of the whole system.

Guys like the mentioned Ho-Sang, Sprong, Goldobin, Baertschi that are talented but haven't quite put things together (and/or have "baggage"). There's solid-enough bottom 6-ers like Salomäki and Dano and decent D like Santini, Djoos, Hickey. Not that I'm a regular waiver-checker-upper but seems there's maybe more talent than usual to go around this year.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinsNetwork

There are a few interesting players on the wire this year. Not for the Bruins but teams like Edmonton, Ottawa, LA should be able to bolster their rosters somewhat, and I guess that's the point of the whole system.

Guys like the mentioned Ho-Sang, Sprong, Goldobin, Baertschi that are talented but haven't quite put things together (and/or have "baggage"). There's solid-enough bottom 6-ers like Salomäki and Dano and decent D like Santini, Djoos, Hickey. Not that I'm a regular waiver-checker-upper but seems there's maybe more talent than usual to go around this year.

Think Edmonton would be crazy not to put a claim in for one of those high-potential players like Sprong, Ho-Sang or Baertschi. With the centers in Edmonton playing center, that would slate McDavid to have what? Thomas Jurco as one of his wingers?

Said this on twitter, but didn't think Cehlarik would have a chance to pass through waivers before yesterday with all this high-potential talent on the wire. Think there's actually a solid chance the Bruins can sneak him through and that would be huge for the Providence Bruins and prospects on that roster. Spreading out the wealth and production for yet another high-end forward down there would be beneficial for players like Hughes, Frederic and Senyshyn who might be in the middle-six with Cehlarik if he clears.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
so, did Peter the Great clear waivers or was he scooped up on his way to a 25-30 goal season with another NHL team?:sarcasm::popcorn:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Our bottom 6 scares me outside the 2 studs Kuraly and Coyle and I don't need our forward prospects completely losing their value like Fredric did with an early recall (he would have gotten us Schenn before anyone saw him play in the NHL which ended up being ugly apart from 1 fight.)

Might be paranoid but I can see guys like Wagner taking a step back.

Hes a nice option as the 2nd/3rd guy to get called up. Nothing more at this point but thats OK I want him around if Backes and Ritchie are sucking and the bottom 6 isn't generating offense.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Our bottom 6 scares me outside the 2 studs Kuraly and Coyle and I don't need our forward prospects completely losing their value like Fredric did with an early recall (he would have gotten us Schenn before anyone saw him play in the NHL which ended up being ugly apart from 1 fight.)

Might be paranoid but I can see guys like Wagner taking a step back.

Hes a nice option as the 2nd/3rd guy to get called up. Nothing more at this point but thats OK I want him around if Backes and Ritchie are sucking and the bottom 6 isn't generating offense.

Heinen is as steady as it gets in the bottom 6. How can you not include him?

Also, Frederic did not lose his value and I'm pretty sure the Schenn to Boston stuff was before he even played in the NHL.

The bolded is true for your whole post. Not just about Wagner.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Think Edmonton would be crazy not to put a claim in for one of those high-potential players like Sprong, Ho-Sang or Baertschi. With the centers in Edmonton playing center, that would slate McDavid to have what? Thomas Jurco as one of his wingers?

Said this on twitter, but didn't think Cehlarik would have a chance to pass through waivers before yesterday with all this high-potential talent on the wire. Think there's actually a solid chance the Bruins can sneak him through and that would be huge for the Providence Bruins and prospects on that roster. Spreading out the wealth and production for yet another high-end forward down there would be beneficial for players like Hughes, Frederic and Senyshyn who might be in the middle-six with Cehlarik if he clears.

Is there any chance Cehlarik would not report to Providence? I don't know the rules... but can he go to Europe and play?

BruinsNetwork

Is there any chance Cehlarik would not report to Providence? I don't know the rules... but can he go to Europe and play?

If they mutually agreed to it or if he really wanted out that badly, then I'm sure he could. Don't think that will be the case though, to be honest. He's put in a lot of work over here and Providence loves to have him around. He got kind of snubbed in Boston, IMO, but an unfortunate injury didn't help this time around in preseason. He should be one of the first call-ups from Providence, but by the same token, I could see him being traded or swapped with another team somewhere if he clears waivers.

If he clears, I don't think Boston will be quick to trade him unless there's a deal that can't be passed up, to be honest. He'll be extremely valuable in Providence and make a ripple effect in the lineup that will add even more talent and production to these young, high-end prospects.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
If they mutually agreed to it or if he really wanted out that badly, then I'm sure he could. Don't think that will be the case though, to be honest. He's put in a lot of work over here and Providence loves to have him around. He got kind of snubbed in Boston, IMO, but an unfortunate injury didn't help this time around in preseason. He should be one of the first call-ups from Providence, but by the same token, I could see him being traded or swapped with another team somewhere if he clears waivers.

If he clears, I don't think Boston will be quick to trade him unless there's a deal that can't be passed up, to be honest. He'll be extremely valuable in Providence and make a ripple effect in the lineup that will add even more talent and production to these young, high-end prospects.

Good post.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BruinsNetwork

Cehlarik cleared and I want to reiterate just how big of a ripple effect that could have in Providence.

The Bruins can now have Lauko, Carey, Cehlarik and Fitzgerald as the L1-L4 LW, which is just absurd.

By my count, Providence has: Studnicka, Steen, Bjork, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Gaunce, Senyshyn, Hughes, Frederic, Carey and Lauko, 11 players, for nine possible spots in the top-nine. That is just ridiculous.

Having high-end talent spread on not only L1-L3, but spilling into L4 or the bench, is an extremely nice problem to have. Especially those who have been requesting an uptick in production from certain prospects like Senyshyn. This lineup in Providence is gong to be a really, really fun time to watch.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cehlarik cleared and I want to reiterate just how big of a ripple effect that could have in Providence.

The Bruins can now have Lauko, Carey, Cehlarik and Fitzgerald as the L1-L4 LW, which is just absurd.

By my count, Providence has: Studnicka, Steen, Bjork, Cehlarik, Fitzgerald, Gaunce, Senyshyn, Hughes, Frederic, Carey and Lauko, 11 players, for nine possible spots in the top-nine. That is just ridiculous.

Having high-end talent spread on not only L1-L3, but spilling into L4 or the bench, is an extremely nice problem to have. Especially those who have been requesting an uptick in production from certain prospects like Senyshyn. This lineup in Providence is gong to be a really, really fun time to watch.

How many extras does Providence usually carry? What's funny is that this lineup is missing Anton Blidh for a bit, who's been a mainstay for a while.

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsNetwork

How many extras does Providence usually carry? What's funny is that this lineup is missing Anton Blidh for a bit, who's been a mainstay for a while.

It varies, so I don't have an honest answer for that. Some nights there's theres players in the press box, other nights there's 6 or 7.

They're also missing Karson Kuhlman, too.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Welp. Cehlarik has his work cut out for him.
Now he has to work his way up the lineup and get managements attention again on a stacked AHL team. Hopefully they have a good year and go far, maybe the playoff run will wake some some guys up.

I wonder if clearing waives will weigh on him. You gotta think he was hoping someone would give him a shot outside of Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad