Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - II

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
just spitballin but maybe Cehlarik garnered some interest from another team DS talking to about a deal? I dunno, odd he got sent down, really thought he was playing well this call up and while I`ve liked some things from Frederic, think he`s better served right now in Providence.
He has been recalled and Fredrick has been sent down. Move was done this way as they needed room for Coyle but needed Fredrick to play last night. Fun times.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I believe in Celery. I think he is very close to being a top 6 forward who meshes well with Krejci. He just needs to move his feet more consistently.

Reactions: Pomee

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I believe in Celery. I think he is very close to being a top 6 forward who meshes well with Krejci. He just needs to move his feet more consistently.

I believe in him also and hope Sweeney dont trade him and underestimate his future potential. That's what has me concerned right now. He's been in Providence for 3 seasons including this one and seems ready to make the big leap. I certainly wouldn't trade him as just another prospect. Let him play out the season and see how he does. He paid his dues in Providence, now let's have a decent look at him. I just hope he dont be as injury prone as he was in Ahl..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
can someone explain why Cehlarik may be benched tomorrow?

so you go from 2nd line player ...who has helped that line be more offensive/help Debrusk ignite his scoring/point producing toucch

and get have a minor lower body injury ...then all of a sudden fall out of favor

Cassidy has done this 2 times now to Cehlarik

Should Cehlarik just play hurt so he doesn't risk losing his spot?

kind of a raw deal if you ask me

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
can someone explain why Cehlarik may be benched tomorrow?

so you go from 2nd line player ...who has helped that line be more offensive/help Debrusk ignite his scoring/point producing toucch

and get have a minor lower body injury ...then all of a sudden fall out of favor

Cassidy has done this 2 times now to Cehlarik

Should Cehlarik just play hurt so he doesn't risk losing his spot?

kind of a raw deal if you ask me

Well he has 2g 1a in his last 11 games, and I think the feeling is he doesn't contribute in any other way.

I think the best thing that could happen to PC is a deal at the deadline. He might be able to play in the league, but I don't think he is ever going to be a regular in Boston

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I still say the bruins management are high on Cehlarik...any trade involving Cehlarik will be a good one.

I agree with most here saying if he is traded he would/should be traded ahead of Heinen and Debrusk.

Backes ($6 angst) plus Coolman not looking too bad out there. Thinking Cassidy likes Coolman's versatility/speed more. Cehlarik looking more and more like the Trade chip.

Last edited:

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
What's up with Cehlarik, is he still banged up? If healthy he should be playing instead of Kuhlman or Nordstrom.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What's up with Cehlarik, is he still banged up? If healthy he should be playing instead of Kuhlman or Nordstrom.

You would think

But Kuhlman speed and extra back checking capabilities has excited Cassidy

I think that 2nd line looks more dangerous with Celly. But we will see

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You would think

But Kuhlman speed and extra back checking capabilities has excited Cassidy

I think that 2nd line looks more dangerous with Celly. But we will see
I think he`s clearly more naturally skilled offensively than Kuhlman but it`s a show me don`t tell me league and he`s not been contributing as he`s capable of over the last few weeks and while the sample size is very small, Kuhlman with a goal and an assist, causing issues on the forecheck for opponents, has the speed to cause issues and he`s noticeable out there, I like PC, not as much as others here, thought after the first 5-6 games after being called up, he`d turned the corner, kid needs to bring more IMO as he`s looking more like the kid I saw last year when called up

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think he`s clearly more naturally skilled offensively than Kuhlman but it`s a show me don`t tell me league and he`s not been contributing as he`s capable of over the last few weeks and while the sample size is very small, Kuhlman with a goal and an assist, causing issues on the forecheck for opponents, has the speed to cause issues and he`s noticeable out there, I like PC, not as much as others here, thought after the first 5-6 games after being called up, he`d turned the corner, kid needs to bring more IMO as he`s looking more like the kid I saw last year when called up

Hmmm I disagree

You already forgot that nice though fluky pass for Derbusk goal .... that was a key goal of the game

And several intense moments on the offensive end.... though not leading up to a goal makes the opponents work

Kuhman speed in some ways is more compatible with Debrusk. Especially 2 on 1 possibilities

But after quick starts... there hasnt been much holding of the puck later in games. Kuhlman has been rubbed off the boards a few times also

BUT... say vs Leafs or Tampa... Cehlarik and also in a way Krejci skating is too average to do anything anyways. At least Debrusk and Kuhlman can "scare" their Ds with their speeds

Maybe this is how Cassidy is preparing

If we got a legit top 6 fwd and Pasta returned... I already stated I would mind seeing what a third line of Cehlarik Coyle Heinen could do.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I like PC but turnovers are becoming a big problem. Has had several before & then another one today that led to the Blues goal. Needs to clean up that part of his game.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
I think Cehlarik is as good as gone by Monday. Cassidy has had enough of his turnovers. I don't see Cassidy to trust him come the playoff time. My guess is they will trade him in a package deal with Grzelcyk for Saad.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I think Cehlarik is as good as gone by Monday. Cassidy has had enough of his turnovers. I don't see Cassidy to trust him come the playoff time. My guess is they will trade him in a package deal with Grzelcyk for Saad.

Outside of the one turnover

He had several good passes

Like the one to Backes

Why not make a good comment about this?

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Outside of the one turnover

He had several good passes

Like the one to Backes

Why not make a good comment about this?

I do like his skillset. I thought his dish to Backes was a sure goal.
From my point of view Cehlarik would be better to play for an offensive minded coach who doesn't mind an occasional turnovers/mistakes from his skilled players. Also Bruins would be better to trade him now while his value is high as he is a RFA. Taking into consideration all the history between Cehlarik and Cassidy over the last 3 seasons I don't think Cehlarik would be very keen to sign a bridge deal with a risk of starting/spending another season in Providence.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do like his skillset. I thought his dish to Backes was a sure goal.
From my point of view Cehlarik would be better to play for an offensive minded coach who doesn't mind an occasional turnovers/mistakes from his skilled players. Also Bruins would be better to trade him now while his value is high as he is a RFA. Taking into consideration all the history between Cehlarik and Cassidy over the last 3 seasons I don't think Cehlarik would be very keen to sign a bridge deal with a risk of starting/spending another season in Providence.

As an RFA with his experience, and numbers he is basically going to have to sign for what the Bruins are willing to give him, or go home.

Either way I think it is very likely he is traded by Monday

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Assuming no trade, when Pasta returns, who sits or gets sent down to Providence? Coolman had his best game vs. STL, and Cehlarik after a bad start played very well on his new line. Plus there's Nordstrom. I'm guessing Coolman.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I’m not Cehlarik’s biggest supporter, but the STL goal was more on the bad D change than the pass by Cehlarik. If that pass had squeaked through, Backes is probably in alone.

i thought the same, and figured he would get crap for the pass. believe it was mcavoy that changed there.
cehlarik has played well. i'm also not his biggest supporter, and don't see him as a future piece. but if he
stays, hope he gets 60 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad