Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - II

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I think he's earned a bridge deal, and probably wouldn't be looking for better than that at this stage. He is getting better, bit by bit. Tonight Bruce left him out there near the end whereas in the last game he benched him in the last few minutes. I think he's a legit NHL player, top-6 potential. He just needs some experience and to clean up his game a bit. He has such great hands and vision, at least once a game he makes a play that you drool over.

There was some good pressure from that 2nd line last night...Some chemistry starting to form with born again Krejci! and some confidence coming back to Debrusk!

No secrete I've been pumping this dude since I first watched him live prospects tourney in Buffalo but I do agree, some warts, the biggest being his skating. What impresses me the most is his vision, passing skills, and active stick. Not bad along the boards and skating doesn't appear to be an issue in tight spaces.

He either gets traded (which I could live with if it helps improve the team) or he signs a short term low cost deal and he focuses on his skating.

Just nice to see the kid stay healthy and have some fun out there!

Reactions: FanSince72

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The second line and Cehlarik (as well as JDB) by default will only do as well as they can when they play with a motivated David Krejci. When he wants to put forth the effort, that line looks really good and can control the play for long stretches.

So the last handful of games that they've looked like they have chemistry is simply due to DK being motivated, IMO.

It stands in stark contrast to right before Pasta got hurt and they were playing musical chairs with JDB and PC on the other wing, and the only difference is DK being engaged.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

And I’m ok with this. liking Kuhlman.

Not sure if this is transactional stuff.

And dam you Backes.

After Trade Deadline you can have unlimited guys on roster

So he will be back worse case after Monday...but it’s probably just a paper transaction to comeplete the deal

Reactions: Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cehlarik = Iam good to go tonight

Cassidy= no its ok. Rest another day

Pooof .... go down to Prov

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
After Trade Deadline you can have unlimited guys on roster

So he will be back worse case after Monday...but it’s probably just a paper transaction to comeplete the deal

Maybe, it all depends on who is added. He may well end up being the odd man out after the deals happen, so riding the pine in Boston certainly doesn't help him. But we'll see who they end up with, and where they decide to go with the lineup

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
There are only two reasons why this kid shouldn't be back up in Boston:

1.) Traded in a deal

2.) Bruins managed to land a Top 6 RW and Top 9 RW/LW -- and don't give up Heinen in the process:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- T6RW
Heinen/T9W -- Coyle -- T9W/Heinen

Nordstrom and Backes experiments on the 3rd line need to end after the TDL. The above is an example of why Cehlarik shouldn't be back up. There is no reason why he shouldn't fill one of those 3rd line wing spots if the Bruins don't acquire a better piece....No Lee Stempniak is not a better piece, either.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Maybe, it all depends on who is added. He may well end up being the odd man out after the deals happen, so riding the pine in Boston certainly doesn't help him. But we'll see who they end up with, and where they decide to go with the lineup

This is true

But thus far Cehlarik > Kuhlman and Frederic

In an ideal scenerio

Cehlarik Coyle Heinen becomes the third line after the deadline

Reactions: Pomee and Blowfish

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Ouch. He played well. Hopefully he gets right back up after the TDL if he's not moved for a bigger fish.

speculation is he will certainly be back, once TDL is done

Cehlarik is a RFA next season and if sent back down....with a small but quality nhl sample.... If I'am him/his agent... I'm not resigning

so best in Bruins interest to either trade him (I'm sure there is interest around the league) or play him as he has earned time with the big club (as long his play doesn't dwindle)

Reactions: Pomee

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
This is true

But thus far Cehlarik > Kuhlman and Frederic

In an ideal scenerio

Cehlarik Coyle Heinen becomes the third line after the deadline

Actually I was stunned by the transaction. Cehlarik like you stated so far looks better than the other 2 albeit Frederic has probably our 2 worst forwards. I dont believe that line scored a goal in 2019.

While Frederic is playing much better of late {4 shots on goal last night}, especially on face offs where he's 28-22, good for 56%. But Cehlarik was producing with 4 goal and 2-3 assists in his short while here and looked good both ends of the ice,.

I'm wondering is there a team interested in Frederic and wants to see him play another game before TDD. Frederic and Coyle are both centres so it makes it even more suspicious to me. I dunno, maybe I'm looking at this the wring way and it might be all just for the sake of paper work to get CC in the Line up..

But whatever you do DONNY, PLEASE no rentals!!! I believe 2020 is Bruins tear, with Heinen, Jake and McAvoy all having another season under their belt, Carlo and McAvoy SHOULD be our #1 defensive unit and trades like Coyle will only help... I want trades that helps today and next season..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

And dam you Backes.

Is Peter really on his way to Providence or eating at hells kitchen with the boys?

If no other trade is made, would like to see Peter continue to play on the 2nd line.

Kuhlmam has had spurts of good moments with that line... but late in games, krejci line lacks possession of the puck. Which wasnt the case when Cehlarik was playing on the wing

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

And dam you Backes.

Is Peter really on his way to Providence or eating at hells kitchen with the boys?

If no other trade is made, would like to see Peter continue to play on the 2nd line.

Kuhlmam has had spurts of good moments with that line... but late in games, krejci line lacks possession of the puck. Which wasnt the case when Cehlarik was playing on the wing

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
maybe the oilers want him for chiasson. right shot winger. had a great first portion of his season, but fell off
pretty hard since. could be a nice fit on a new 3rd line though with heinen and coyle.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
maybe the oilers want him for chiasson. right shot winger. had a great first portion of his season, but fell off
pretty hard since. could be a nice fit on a new 3rd line though with heinen and coyle.
Chiasson sure as long as McDavid comes with, other wise big-time Pass!

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
What else is Edmonton throwing in for this downgrade?

no clue. just saying if they are asking for a 2nd or 3rd for chiasson, that's about what cehlarik is worth.
i don't see a long term future for cehlarik here, but i realize he has a big following among y'all.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
no clue. just saying if they are asking for a 2nd or 3rd for chiasson, that's about what cehlarik is worth.
i don't see a long term future for cehlarik here, but i realize he has a big following among y'all.
All true but I don't see Chiasson as more than a good 4th liner.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The second line and Cehlarik (as well as JDB) by default will only do as well as they can when they play with a motivated David Krejci. When he wants to put forth the effort, that line looks really good and can control the play for long stretches.

So the last handful of games that they've looked like they have chemistry is simply due to DK being motivated, IMO.

It stands in stark contrast to right before Pasta got hurt and they were playing musical chairs with JDB and PC on the other wing, and the only difference is DK being engaged.
:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

just spitballin but maybe Cehlarik garnered some interest from another team DS talking to about a deal? I dunno, odd he got sent down, really thought he was playing well this call up and while I`ve liked some things from Frederic, think he`s better served right now in Providence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->