Player Discussion Peter Cehlarik - II

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have been saying regularly of late that when the B’s are healthy, I want Cehlarik on the 3rd line with 90/43 and 13. He needs to play with skill guys to be effective, and I think that line would be strong both ways. Unfortunately, Cehlarik appears to be in the doghouse, and that spot will likely be filled by Backes (who has been better of late, but that’s not saying much).

The difference between Cehlarik and Heinen is that Heinen won’t hurt you even when he’s not scoring. As far as Donato goes, I don’t miss him at all. He was awful this year and all this stuff blaming Cassidy and the B’s is bull**** in my opinion.

I just want the B’s to get healthy before the playoffs so they can see what they have. Hopefully, Cehlarik can get his confidence back soon.
my concern with him is that even when he was playing with DK and Jake, he looked lost too often. His first 5-6 games I really thought the kid turned the corner, was engaged in all 3 zones, didn`t mean he won every puck battle but he was battling. After that, it appeared like he had the attitude that he had made it and the hard work, focus and committment was no longer required.

He`s got the tools, just wondering if he`s one of those kids we have all seen, in every organization that leaves fans wanting and expecting more because we all know it`s in there

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
my concern with him is that even when he was playing with DK and Jake, he looked lost too often. His first 5-6 games I really thought the kid turned the corner, was engaged in all 3 zones, didn`t mean he won every puck battle but he was battling. After that, it appeared like he had the attitude that he had made it and the hard work, focus and committment was no longer required.

He`s got the tools, just wondering if he`s one of those kids we have all seen, in every organization that leaves fans wanting and expecting more because we all know it`s in there

I can't recall exactly the timing however some injuries hit the bruins requiring some shuffling / breaking up the Debrusk-DK-Celly line. I can't defend Celly...he wasn't good enough and have repeated a few times his confidence left him once he joined the black hole 3rd line.

At the end of the day he isn't what Cassidy is wanting from his players and I agree with Cassidy.

I just hope Celly works on his skating / regaining his confidence for next season - wherever he ends up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad