Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Loss | Throwing away points to our rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just sitting here, 10 infraction points in, buzzed and laughing at this team.

This is the Ragamuffin Gunner season. I think this team, top to bottom, are mentally weak losers. The organization is also arrogant. It's hard to root for them.

(Back into the shell)

You have to learn how to call people "dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" without actually saying "dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" :laugh:

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Gurgle hated that contract and so much so that when losing a bet the worst that could be imagined was to get him a JJ avatar.

I mean, whatever else can be said… :D.

But about that, can’t we just all agree to the obvious, that Casey has had a bad season overall, but that the teams’ problems are a great deal bigger than that? Doesn’t seem controversial…
Of course there are, but a few of them can be addressed quite quickly with a little will power from Sullivan, Hextall and Burke.
They already committed to trying to win in the summer so they have to try now. It's too late to backtrack.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
You have to learn how to call people "dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" without actually saying "dumb :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" :laugh:
I think the board is fairly homogeneous in its perspective. We end up getting heated and emotional about tiny things.

But yes, I need to learn (I'm too old to actually do so at this point).

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I mean, I think Desmith has had what is expected of him at 1.8 mil.

That’s a bottom third contract for a bottom third player at his position.

And that is a pretty annoying take when only 25 goalies have started more games this season.
A backup’s salary will always be lowish. He is not supposed to be relied on enough to merit more. Doesn’t preclude that backup performing when called upon. That’s also the way backups earn shots at bigger roles.

We lost this game in very large part because CDS made no big stops/timely saves. And several times him making mistakes playing the puck ended up creating the pressure that led to goals.

I don’t criticize him when the team allows that he is shelled and has to make huge stops to keep us in it. Today was not that.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And that is a pretty annoying take when only 25 goalies have started more games this season.
A backup’s salary will always be lowish. He is not supposed to be relied on enough to merit more. Doesn’t preclude that backup performing when called upon. That’s also the way backups earn shots at bigger roles.

We lost this game in very large part because CDS made no big stops/timely saves. And several times him making mistakes playing the puck ended up creating the pressure that led to goals.

I don’t criticize him when the team allows that he is shelled and has to make huge stops to keep us in it. Today was not that.

Well I think that is an absurd take. Expecting Casey Desmith to carry this team when they can’t shut down one of the worst offenses in the league is ridiculous. Desmith gave up one bad goal today.

Reactions: vodeni

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Never expected this to go otherwise.

Fire Mike Sullivan already.

The blaming of Casey DeSmith is absolutely hilarious.
He was genuinely pretty bad today. He's hot and cold. Essentially what you expect for the price he gets paid.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This coach is excited and happy with his team in a game that bad team score 5 goals on them, in the 7th game this season where his team loses after leading after 2. And he is blaming Geno for the loss. I love every player on this team but I really started hating this coach

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Let's just run DOC at 3C already.

He can be like McCann without the finish/high skill but with a bit more desperation. This beats Carter's useless positional veteranosity and "if I cleared my own zone I did my job" attitude.

Geno again looks really good, but then no production follows. Gets a tertiary assist on a Zucker goal and then is on the ice to take the minus against on the game losing goal. I know we're supposed to act like L2 is good and they often look good but the results aren't there recently. Not as big of an issue as Carter though - no one else is remotely close.

DeSmith bad tonight.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Hopefully whatever crazy person paid $300k for the Wabash piers will just put up huge Fire Sully signs on them. I’m starting to get upset I didn’t think of this first.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Jarry carries us to the 8th seed and at least through one playoff round upset. Trying to stay positive. It is not always about results. Team outplayed NYI pretty badly for 40 minutes. Rakell was pretty good.

My Best-Carey

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This coach is excited and happy with his team in a game that bad team score 5 goals on them, in the 7th game this season where his team loses after leading after 2. And he is blaming Geno for the loss. I love every player on this team but I really started hating this coach
you mean for losing the face off that Carter also lost on the Isles first PP goal? Lol

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Not that I think it excuses or changes anything, but aren't teams on a b2b supposed to have a full 24 hours between games? The Pens are getting shorted tomorrow, fresh off a roadie to their farthest time zone. If you have the time to watch the game, you can spend it doing literally anything else and send some small message to this dumbshit league that that's not something worth tuning in for.

That's bs scheduling for every team put in that position.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If Sullivan cannot see that the 3rd line is shit together then he is a moron. Hextall really killed this team with the Carter and Kappy deals.
That is why he should lose his job. This team is on a razor's edge. I understand him being reluctant or unable to make certain moves, but we can't survive if the only moves we make are stupid. Rakell was a nice call. Carter and the insane Kappy deal were pure malpractice. Sidney should beat Hexy's ass, in honor of Rob Brown.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Not that I think it excuses or changes anything, but aren't teams on a b2b supposed to have a full 24 hours between games? The Pens are getting shorted tomorrow, fresh off a roadie to their farthest time zone. If you have the time to watch the game, you can spend it doing literally anything else and send some small message to this dumbshit league that that's not something worth tuning in for.

That's bs scheduling for every team put in that position.
Isles fan, here in peace. The rule is 22 hours, we play at 5 tomorrow. Last night's start time was moved up from 7:30 due to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00