Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Isles | Loss | Throwing away points to our rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think at this point the best thing this team can do is to miss the playoffs.
Nothing for the long term viability of this thing would make me happier. I hope we plummet in the standings! This is a good draft, let's get some pics and sell off some parts and acquire more.

Pixie is defending crappy players again? I’m shocked!
He's done it since day one.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If I remember correctly, I don't have the stats and don't care enough to look - CDS plays worse the more he plays. He is a pure backup in that sense. So why during this stretch without Jarry has the 3rd goalie not played at all? Jarry is like the opposite. Guy is ass coming back from a hiatus or extended break.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
When we have a goalie who's in the bottom quarter of the league's goalies in GSAx, we have a GOALIE problem.
That doesn't mean it's the ONLY problem, but it IS A PROBLEM.

I'm quite tired of reality getting flipped on its head here.

He's a goalie that needs to either magically flip a switch or be traded. We're running out of racetrack for the former. We can't rely on him.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Nothing for the long term viability of this thing would make me happier. I hope we plummet in the standings! This is a good draft, let's get some pics and sell off some parts and acquire more.

This is the only pragmatic and logical solution. Gut the rot and being in some youthful promise and hope. It isn't as if anyone will mind missing a first round pimp-slap out of the playoffs again.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah I specifically remember you supporting the idea of him getting a 3 year deal. I'm fully confident in that.

But again, Johnson has no relevance here. This team is bad for way more reasons than Johnson's buyout dead cap.

I mean, I probably supported the idea of him getting a 3 year deal instead of a 5 year deal.

I had a Jack Johnson avatar within 4 months of him being a player here because I hated him so much Empo.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean, I probably supported the idea of him getting a 3 year deal instead of a 5 year deal.

I had a Jack Johnson avatar within 4 months of him being a player here because I hated him so much Empo.

Lol I can search through your old posts and see what you said. Your stance at the time was that you were a "decent fan" of Johnson (your words) and would have been fine with him on a 3x3 deal.

I will say that you were spot on when you said he'd be bought out or traded after year 3 when it was announced he signed a 5 year deal, but you did support acquiring him at the time.

But again, what relevance does this have?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Lol I can search through your old posts and see what you said. Your stance at the time was that you were a "decent fan" of Johnson (your words) and would have been fine with him on a 3x3 deal.

I will say that you were spot on when you said he'd be bought out or traded after year 3 when it was announced he signed a 5 year deal, but you did support acquiring him at the time.

Someone brought up that I tried to defend his singing..

Please search. Maybe I'm suffering early onset Alzheimers

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD

It doesn't. I was ribbing Pixies for defending CDS like he did JJ against the board.

And I find it entertaining from a popcorn perspective

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side

Ron making a rinky dink trade or two and then squeaking into the playoffs only to lose in the first round will do nothing.
Which is a shame considering the season some of the players are having.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

If you hate someone, it's rather counterintuitive to have them as an avatar and have them be a constant reminder of someone you hate. That makes no sense at all. You are a big fan of his and we all know this!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone brought up that I tried to defend his singing..

Please search. Maybe I'm suffering early onset Alzheimers

I did search, that's why I mentioned you said you were a "decent fan" of Johnson but were spot on about him being bought out after 3 years when it was announced he was signed for 5 years. You did support bringing in JJ to some level.

Ron making a rinky dink trade or two and then squeaking into the playoffs only to lose in the first round will do nothing.
Which is a shame considering the season some of the players are having.

The season some of the players are having? Everyone outside of Crosby and Malkin is at a varying level between mediocre and dogshit. The players performing like ass is the primary reason why this team isn't a serious playoff threat this year.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I never defended JJ..
Yet you wore his Avatar proudly for years! Only a deranged lunatic would wear his Avatar around for years in the case of not liking him. Wait a minute...we're talking about you, never mind!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I did search, that's why I mentioned you said you were a "decent fan" of Johnson but were spot on about him being bought out after 3 years when it was announced he was signed for 5 years. You did support bringing in JJ to some level.

The season some of the players are having? Everyone outside of Crosby and Malkin is at a varying level between mediocre and dogshit. The players performing like ass is the primary reason why this team isn't a serious playoff threat this year.

I said I'd sign him to a low cost one year try out deal. That was it.

I literally bitched and moaned so much about JJ people were pissed off about it before that season even started lol. It was like 2017-18 with Bonino.

Yet you wore his Avatar proudly for years! Only a deranged lunatic would wear his Avatar around for years in the case of not liking him. Wait a minute...we're talking about you, never mind!

Tom Hanks won that bet and Degen made it for me. It was a tribute to them.

I mean Empo is sorta corroborating it now so

Empo is drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad