Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | OTW | The ranch (team) comes first!

Who is worse:

• Ruh

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Dumo

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
200w.gif

Cause someone who wont be named called Alberta a cheap version of Texas. And that aint true. Were like our bros south of us.
If you mean Montana, we're doing our best to be Texas North within the lower 48 borders.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
This thread is hilarious.

So it took a win where the team was moist ass for 95% of it and won a game they didn’t deserve to win by playing hard at all for the vast majority of the game - to suddenly act like this team has positives to it.

We’re at game 50 of this shit in year 5 of the same issues.

f***ing goldfish memories, the lot of you.

Jayson Megna has 1g 1a.

Still shocked he’s still in the NHL.
This post is moldy blankets.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Montana is better than Texas though. Case and point, they dont freak out over a little snow and have their entire power network crash.
The power grid is thankfully not privatized - yet - it's true, but a bunch of people have moved here unprepared for driving conditions :laugh: But at no point in our recent subzero adventures has there been a mass power failure. The last outage at my place was like 15 minutes because NWE was switching out meters.

There's still plenty of overlap, and in service of getting back to hockey, I got a Zucker goal notification that I'm annoyed it didn't stand :thumbd:

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
DeSmith was excellent.

There were still numerous defensive zone breakdowns, but CDS rose to the occasion and tonight, he bailed them out. Too bad he hasn't strung together those types of performances, but fingers are crossed for Friday.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I like Petry but it’s so weird to me how he isn’t scoring goals.
Outside of a four year stretch from 2017-2018 to 2020 - 2021, he scored single digits every season. Hell, those four seasons were the only years he scored more than 30 points in a season.

I think you are overrating his offensive abilities.

Last edited:

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
It shouldn’t be overlooked that the comeback was spurred by our top heart and soul guy, BGBR, getting the equalizer late.

DeSmith was excellent.

There were still numerous defensive zone breakdowns, but CDS rose to the occasion and tonight, he bailed them out. Too bad he hasn't strung together those types of performances, but fingers are crossed for Friday.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like Petry but it’s so weird to me how he isn’t scoring goals.
Is it though? Schultz went from scoring to not with the Pens as well after a season and he's rebounded somewhat with the Kraken. Maths had a career high in goals and he's gone for Petry. But it's almost like the goals need to come from Letang or else.

I know it will sound crazy but if you go and look at the Pens defensive stats since 2015-16, the most is Letang with 83 and then Schultz with 22. Matheson is only the second Defenseman to have more than 10 goals as a Pens defenseman since 2015-16. Schultz had 12 and then Matheson had 11.

It's actually kind of hilarious. Maatta is 3rd for most goals in a season not named Matheson, Letang or Schultz since 2015-16. 7 goals by Olli. It's one of the issues with this team with how the core gets stupidly pandered to. Petry is more than capable of scoring and so is POJ if given the opportunity. But it has to go through Letang first and the rest get scraps or different assignments which is outlet pass, support the rush, maybe take a shot but pass first if you can.

It shouldn’t be overlooked that the comeback was spurred by our top heart and soul guy, BGBR, getting the equalizer late.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes
I just can not cheer for a bloke that beat the crap out of his ex gf and then only got mad at the coverage not for what he did and acted like there was more truth to it when there wasn't. I'll be glad when he's finally gone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ps - @Gurglesons

In the same span - Matheson had (overall) 50 goals in 453 games. It's crazy since only 2 were powerplay goals.

Letang has 83 in 483, 24 were powerplay goals. Petry with 70 in 523 games, 21 ppg. Yet the Penguins utilized both Petry and Matheson as secondary options most of the time.

I don't know what it is, it's like they want puck moving defenseman that can score but then don't want to give them the proper opportunities to do it and give them second unit pp time or pair them with the wrong D partner or the defensive assignment behind the wrong lines. The team has gotten more out of their D with Reirden as the Assistant coach before.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Well they managed to scrap a win in OT, but the Avs record is nearly identical to the Pens..

Smasher

Jan 25, 2012
Finland
nemecic.bandcamp.com
Why is everyone shitting on the Pens? :D Sure, it wasn't perfect and took some luck as well but Francouz gave them absolutely nothing. Colorado had a very mediocre first half of the season, but you saw how dangerous they are in the first period. They are still one of the fastest skating teams in the league.

Pens played better and better as the game progressed, the PK and DeSmith were awesome and Avs ran out of gas a bit. Very few odd man rushes against. We also got a whopping 60 seconds of PP time in a very close game.

Build on this and L F'n G P!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
That was probably the most entertaining game of the season, if nothing else. I seriously can't believe Penguins won that. CDS was fire.

Reactions: Smasher

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Missoula rules, had an uncle there in the music department for a long time. Beautiful town and beautiful state.
6dc5c18bac4e3352981e3b9314d75bc2.gif

Been to South Dakota (Rapid City) Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Bad Lands and such, Colorado Estes Park and it still bothers me I didn't do 7hrs more driving to Yellowstone.

Last edited:

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
I do realize that playing Crosby and Malkin in overtime together should occur more frequently. The main two things about the two is that they are hunters and naturally push each other contrast to when they have their regular linemates

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad