Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | OTW | The ranch (team) comes first!

Who is worse:

• Ruh

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Dumo

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This team needs to realize how it needs to play to be successful. That third is the blueprint. Getting pucks deep and going to work and playing physical. I don't mean running around hitting but grinding and holding onto pucks.

This is NOT a speedy forechecking team.

This is a team that should be playing like New York Islanders style hockey lol. Just f***ing ugly muck and grind hockey. They're not fast enough to play another way. Not any more.

It's hard though. Hard to play like that every night. But if they want to be successful that's how it's gonna have to be, unless Hextall radically reshapes the roster.
Uh yeah, the core is so not going to do this lolā€¦well , maybe Geno

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
the-ranch-comes-first-rip-wheeler.gif

pens-retro-jersey-1666294022.jpg

That first play in OT was this close:
200w.gif

Battle of the Scotians tonight. CDS had a strong game, Pens had a strong final 10min, apparently its the only time we think its fair to shoot on the net. Geno showed that you cannot forget about the big Russian bear, he was a force out there, that OT penalty was BS. Way to suck it up and earn that 2nd point boys. Nice shot by Letang. He actually hit the net!!!

Sully to the fans:
giphy.gif
You on a Yellowstone kick lol?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
You can chooseā€¦

Edit: Mate, wtf was up with the Flames? Why didnā€™t Lucic f*** up Troubitch last night?

He went after him a couple times last night, but that headshotting smuck woudnt bite. And considering Tanev got an instigator against him for breathing on him, the Flames werent pushing it. The reffing last night was atrocious.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
This team needs to realize how it needs to play to be successful. That third is the blueprint. Getting pucks deep and going to work and playing physical. I don't mean running around hitting but grinding and holding onto pucks.

This is NOT a speedy forechecking team.

This is a team that should be playing like New York Islanders style hockey lol. Just f***ing ugly muck and grind hockey. They're not fast enough to play another way. Not any more.

It's hard though. Hard to play like that every night. But if they want to be successful that's how it's gonna have to be, unless Hextall radically reshapes the roster.
can't play that kind of game more than 10-15 minutes a night, that would be hard

Reactions: Pancakes

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I didn't catch the whole game but how did Dumo look? His statline looks solid and 2nd most icetime.

Looks like he's stringing together a solid few weeks of hockey.

If so we need it b/c he's likely not going anywhere.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Casey DeSmith arguably played his best game in a Pittsburgh Penguin uniform tonight, wow! I don't know if they can turn things around, but if they can this is the type of game that could be a catalyst for it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
first two lines still getting it done somehow and if Guentzel somehow get his luck back, and if they can somehow fix this 3rd line who knows?...

Reactions: CorgiAttack87

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If you had just tuned in for the last 10 minutes of the third period, you would have thought this was a great gameā€¦lolā€¦little would you know the 50 min of absolute burning shit the Pens weā€™re putting on the iceā€¦in the future for all games, im just going to watch 10 min of the game because thatā€™s all they play
It is not easy work being a Pens fan. Many important rules to follow. Don't watch period 1. Don't watch the first 3 minutes after a Penguins goal. Don't watch shootouts. Don't watch Round 1 of the playoffs. It is complicated.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Casey DeSmith arguably played his best game in a Pittsburgh Penguin uniform tonight, wow! I don't know if they can turn things around, but if they can this is the type of game that could be a catalyst for it.
I think DeSmith had to have known that his time could definitely be limited here. It's no secret and he could have handled it 1 of 2 ways.

He stepped up tonight.

Reactions: Andy99 and Ryder71

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think DeSmith had to have known that his time could definitely be limited here. It's no secret and he could have handled it 1 of 2 ways.

He stepped up tonight.
Rust has been good last few games, the entire L2 was visibly engaged and really hard on the walls creating a lot of low high pucks and shot attempts, and a few chances...I think I really like Rust with Geno now...

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
What an entertaining end of the game hahahahah
Absolutely, the first period we were on our heels, as the game unfolded I thought we got a little bit better. But no question it was pretty remarkable to come away from this game with two points. We can thank our goaltender, and a little bit of lady luck. But I did think we held our own the last 10 minutes of Regulation and into OT despite having to kill a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad