Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | OTW | The ranch (team) comes first!

Who is worse:

• Ruh

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Dumo

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
All of you doubting Sully and Hextall....shame on you. This team has the cup in mind.
sad-oh-yeah-oh-yeah.gif

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
If you had just tuned in for the last 10 minutes of the third period, you would have thought this was a great game…lol…little would you know the 50 min of absolute burning shit the Pens we’re putting on the ice…in the future for all games, im just going to watch 10 min of the game because that’s all they play
Those are the ""championship rounds." Lol

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I don't even know how to react to that game. They don't win this game without DeSmith pulling a rabbit out of his ass, but Francouz also had a really damn solid game as well.

Like I just don't know. I think this team loses probably 80% of games they play like they did today, but DeSmith literally carried them to a win.
"Playoff style win"

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
definitely forgot what happens when you kill a penalty in OT as well

Said this at the end of the game thread, but worth repeating.

Heck of a job by Poehling to push the puck up ice as the PK ended even though he'd been out there for a while. Instead of dumping the puck, it gave them possession to push for a goal.

yeah Poehling had a great game. No idea why they aren’t scratching Teddy for him to play C.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
If you had just tuned in for the last 10 minutes of the third period, you would have thought this was a great game…lol…little would you know the 50 min of absolute burning shit the Pens we’re putting on the ice…in the future for all games, im just going to watch 10 min of the game because that’s all they play
Pens make you earn it if you want to be entertained.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Heck of a job by Poehling to push the puck up ice as the PK ended even though he'd been out there for a while. Instead of dumping the puck, it gave them possession to push for a goal.
Dare I say I'd rather Poehling play on 3v3/4v4 situations over Big Jeff?

Could such a thing be possible? To play a faster player that can defend over an old slow footed faux defense forward?

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

Yes, smart play, I was wondering what he was going to do there and he played it perfect.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This team needs to realize how it needs to play to be successful. That third is the blueprint. Getting pucks deep and going to work and playing physical. I don't mean running around hitting but grinding and holding onto pucks.

This is NOT a speedy forechecking team.

This is a team that should be playing like New York Islanders style hockey lol. Just f***ing ugly muck and grind hockey. They're not fast enough to play another way. Not any more.

It's hard though. Hard to play like that every night. But if they want to be successful that's how it's gonna have to be, unless Hextall radically reshapes the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia