Post-Game Talk: | Pens vs Avs | OTW | The ranch (team) comes first!

Who is worse:

• Ruh

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Dumo

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I was thinking how people here might still find a way to blame CDS for the loss when it was 1-0, then we got a lucky bounce and despite Geno's dumb penalty won it in OT against all odds. :) Feels nice to get a win against a top team (albeit one that is not doing so well this season).

But for most of the game it was men against boys, finding a way to win in games like that is great if they happen occasionally but the Pens don't show up for entire periods in almost every game. So no wonder they beat only bad teams and the occasional good team provided their goalie stands on his head. Even Bob Errey started bashing the way the team defended (or rather didn't) as early as the first period. Being outshot is fine if you keep the shot to the perimeter but that's not how the Pens do it.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I do realize that playing Crosby and Malkin in overtime together should occur more frequently. The main two things about the two is that they are hunters and naturally push each other contrast to when they have their regular linemates
It shouldn’t. Today it was just because of Geno coming out of the box while Poehling was smart enough to not just dump it in. Lovely that they got it done, but they should not play together in OT if not on a PP.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Im happy they won. The team finally had a pulse at the very end. Though, I fear sleepy will be fooled into keeping CDS after one good game.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It shouldn’t. Today it was just because of Geno coming out of the box while Poehling was smart enough to not just dump it in. Lovely that they got it done, but they should not play together in OT if not on a PP.
If OT were 4-on-4, yes. 3-on-3 absolutely not.

Reactions: vodeni

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I don't want to hear anymore shit about CDS sucks or whatever unless there's also a discussion about how this team's structure absolutely blows.

Stats don't tell the entire story, but when I see blips of "Slot shots 5-0" , "Odd man rushes 4-1", "Shots 16-8" night in and night out its obvious this is a team problem and not a goaltending problem

This is who CDS is: wins games he has no business winning and everyone fetes him, but he loses games that he shouldn't and everyone wants him traded.

CDS is an average backup NHL goalie on a value contract. You won't get anyone better for this pricepoint. If you want a better goalie, then you have to cut somewhere else on this cap strapped team.

<rant over>

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Overall, it was a good game. Happy to see the urgency in the 3rd period. I honestly thought the game was over in OT when Geno took that penalty. Great character

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I don't want to hear anymore shit about CDS sucks or whatever unless there's also a discussion about how this team's structure absolutely blows.

Stats don't tell the entire story, but when I see blips of "Slot shots 5-0" , "Odd man rushes 4-1", "Shots 16-8" night in and night out its obvious this is a team problem and not a goaltending problem

This is who CDS is: wins games he has no business winning and everyone fetes him, but he loses games that he shouldn't and everyone wants him traded.

CDS is an average backup NHL goalie on a value contract. You won't get anyone better for this pricepoint. If you want a better goalie, then you have to cut somewhere else on this cap strapped team.

<rant over>
*A self inflicted cap strap team.

Imagine trying to convince yourself Casey DeSmith is fine…Crazy times.

It was a lazy signing by a lazy, I mean patient GM. It didn’t work out - fix your mistake.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
MVP Desmith.

Crazy I am saying that.

Anyways we keep playing like this and we will not be getting the 2 points often. Fluke win.
Usually when CDS plays like this, he ends up having at least 5 terrible games after. Everyone thinks he is back in form and he follows up with bad games. Hopefully Jarry is close to a return and gives the boys an extra boost of confidence.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Usually when CDS plays like this, he ends up having at least 5 terrible games after. Everyone thinks he is back in form and he follows up with bad games. Hopefully Jarry is close to a return and gives the boys an extra boost of confidence.
I have 0 confidence he is going on a tear. Just wanted to give a player props who we all complain about.

I'd like him to be average if possible though.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It would be funny if CDS gets on a roll just as Jarry is poised to come back.

Better late than never I guess

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Apparently CDS is fine now; no need to find an NHL backup anymore after one good game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad