Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: New year, all our defence are injured and I feel fiiinnnneee... Panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
What would the cost be for Foligno and Barbashev? that would be a solid TD. If we can shed some cap I would even go after Chychrun assuming it wont take a 1st to grab Foligno which I can't see and his whooping 15 points on the season.
That’s a tall ask of our current lazy ass front office.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
While the boys are out west, live coverage of Hextalls office at Pens headquarters.

Would not not have it any other way.

eaf9346866633f0a3cd89a1a21b19898.jpg

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I might be completely off base here but I'd rather Hextall's approach of doing smaller moves to tinker while not potentially blowing things as the era winds to a close than JR's approach of "f*** tomorrow, I'm a f***ing maniac" where he, on any given day, could add another 3-5 years onto the inevitable rebuild for the 1% chance he lands another homerun trade. /shrug

Like HSL and Doc have said; team's a bubble team from here on out. There's no magic addition to propel this team to new heights--and they won't even make the simplest move in trying to kickstart things by replacing a stale coach past his expiration. I don't really care about Horvat, Tarasenko, Kane and Meier all potentially ending up in division. This team's cooked regardless, just don't panic and do some dumb shit in desperation.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
It's kind of weird that Sullivan's never really tried McGinn in the top six during one of his "mix and match" sessions, at least not more than for a blink of an eye.

Maybe he won't be a fit. But it's hard to know if it's never tried.
I always wished he would have gotten a better look with Malkin, but with how Zuck has played this year can't really complain.

McGinn will be just fine if we can bring in a ROR/Henrique and push Carter to the wing.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I might be completely off base here but I'd rather Hextall's approach of doing smaller moves to tinker while not potentially blowing things as the era winds to a close than JR's approach of "f*** tomorrow, I'm a f***ing maniac" where he, on any given day, could add another 3-5 years onto the inevitable rebuild for the 1% chance he lands another homerun trade. /shrug

Like HSL and Doc have said; team's a bubble team from here on out. There's no magic addition to propel this team to new heights--and they won't even make the simplest move in trying to kickstart things by replacing a stale coach past his expiration. I don't really care about Horvat, Tarasenko, Kane and Meier all potentially ending up in division. This team's cooked regardless, just don't panic and do some dumb shit in desperation.

I'm on the same thought process, At first the sleepy thing was annoying but it eventually grew on me. Now I think its hilarious.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012

You said the same thing last year for much of the year yet they made the playoffs then gave one of what most thought were legitmate Stanley cup contenders everything they could have asked for.

Team is not "cooked"

A few moves and some luck is all they really need to compete with any team in the NHL.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

This poster has been infected with the sleepies. He has lowered his expectations, has extreme fatigue and very lethargic.

This team is a couple of moves away from being a legit contender, but the front office is too afraid to make changes.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
This poster has been infected with the sleepies. He has lowered his expeditions, has extreme fatigue and very lethargic.

This team is a couple of moves away from being a legit contender, but the front office is too afraid to make changes.

Hextall is not only the GM but a Therapist for insomniacs across Western PA.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall is not only the GM but a Therapist for insomniacs across Western PA.
Hopefully he’s a better therapist than GM. But he could never be a therapist since that requires social interaction. He would need Burkie to talk to the patients for him. You can’t be an effective shrink if you are afraid of your own shadow.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Do you guys think the Pens may be thinking of trade with Hawks? The Penguins have had 2 scouts at each of the last two Hawk games
The only thing I would think they could even be looking at is Towes and that would be for 3C. I wouldn't mind him there but I think there are some other 3C options that are better fits.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Do you guys think the Pens may be thinking of trade with Hawks? The Penguins have had 2 scouts at each of the last two Hawk games
Toews has felt like one of the likeliest acquisitions to me for months now. I know he respects this organization and Sid a lot. He's also someone I could see the Pens re-signing in the summer, since the 3C problem will still exist unless we get someone with term. This season has very effectively shown that Carter and Blueger can't do it. Even stubborn Sullivan has to acknowledge it at this point.

Toews is at a point in his career where his pride wouldn't stop him taking on a 3C role. And God knows Sullivan prefers defensive-minded veterans.

How much would you say his defending has regressed since his prime? That's a critical piece of info, since Toews would get 70% D-zone starts here and PK duty.

Last edited:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Weird how players are consistently doing this here.

Anyway, McGinn is actually our best PKer so there should be no reason to scratch him.
McGinn is a good player, he was buzzing then got stuck with bot hapless Carter and Blueger during the worst stretch, put him with Poehling and Archie and you'll see how he jumps...

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Could see Pens being interested in Toews or Johnson with retention. Guys like Kane, Domi or McCabe I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA