Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: New year, all our defence are injured and I feel fiiinnnneee... Panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yo is that jump the gun tweet real????

Glad he's going to LA, seems guaranteed it's them at this point.

LOL that is a massive giant package. The equivalent of Pickering and two firsts. WAS THAT TWEET REAL

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wonder if the Blues really are open for sale.

I don’t know what it would take but I’d be all in for Buchnevich.

I’d put Pickering and the 1st in play for him to be Geno’s RW and drop Rust to the third line. Maybe also throw in Kapanen to the Blues.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There’s no way in hell they moved Byfield for Chychrun lol

Why wouldn't they? They're ultra deep at center for the long run and they're not really adding much beyond a 1st on top of Byfield.

Honestly, that deal makes a lot of sense to me. Moverare isn't very valuable and the 3rd is a 3rd. Byfield and a 1st for Chychrun seems like a pretty mild package for the Kings to give up.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yo is that jump the gun tweet real????

Glad he's going to LA, seems guaranteed it's them at this point.

LOL that is a massive giant package. The equivalent of Pickering and two firsts. WAS THAT TWEET REAL

Byfield and Pickering are as close as Crosby and Carter in terms of value.

Why wouldn't they? They're ultra deep at center for the long run and they're not really adding much beyond a 1st on top of Byfield.

Honestly, that deal makes a lot of sense to me. Moverare isn't very valuable and the 3rd is a 3rd. Byfield and a 1st for Chychrun seems like a pretty mild package for the Kings to give up.

Moving Byfield for Chychrun is insanity.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Byfield is a project that only has 20 points in 70 NHL games so far. Yeah, he's a physical freak who very possibly will explode in the future (like Thompson did), but he's really not a super valuable piece right now.

People call Lafreniere a bust at this point and he's been more productive than Byfield has in the NHL.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Byfield is a project that only has 20 points in 70 NHL games so far. Yeah, he's a physical freak who very possibly will explode in the future (like Thompson did), but he's really not a super valuable piece right now.

People call Lafreniere a bust at this point and he's been more productive than Byfield has in the NHL.

Byfield is a 2nd overall draft who has a ton of pedigree.

Moving him is how you give away a player like Iginla.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Byfield and Pickering are as close as Crosby and Carter in terms of value.

Maybe two or even one year ago. I don't think he's considered a blue chip anymore but yes he is much more valuable than Pickering. I'm just saying a team's best prospect +. That's also why I added another first on the hypothetical Penguin package.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Maybe two or even one year ago. I don't think he's considered a blue chip anymore but yes he is much more valuable than Pickering. I'm just saying a team's best prospect +. That's also why I added another first on the hypothetical Penguin package.

Lol what the f*** are you guys taking about.

Byfield is like a top ten player who is not in the NHL in terms of prospects.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Byfield is a 2nd overall draft who has a ton of pedigree.

And Lafreniere was a 1st overall who had a ton of pedigree, but I entirely believe that the Rangers would do him and a 1st for Chychrun.

The Kings have Kopitar and Danault signed long-term and also have young centers in Vilardi and Turcotte of intrigue in the future. They're also super thin on LD, as seeing how they're playing a lot of righties on LD. I think it makes a ton of sense. Byfield's pedigree is why Arizona is willing to take just him and a 1st for Chychrun, instead of the 3 1sts+ ask they had before.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Lol what the f*** are you guys taking about.
Byfield had questions surrounding his hockey sense when he was drafted. So far he hasn't dominated the AHL nor has he transitioned smoothly into the NHL. He's been fine, developing okay but slow for a 2nd overall. Yea he's a valuable piece beyond what Pitt has to offer, I don't know what you're talking about considering him a can't miss scorer at this point though.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
And Lafreniere was a 1st overall who had a ton of pedigree, but I entirely believe that the Rangers would do him and a 1st for Chychrun.

The Kings have Kopitar and Danault signed long-term and also have young centers in Vilardi and Turcotte of intrigue in the future. They're also super thin on LD, as seeing how they're playing a lot of righties on LD. I think it makes a ton of sense. Byfield's pedigree is why Arizona is willing to take just him and a 1st for Chychrun, instead of the 3 1sts+ ask they had before.

Kopitar is signed long term?

So is Jake signed long term too? Because Kopitar is a UFA after next season.

Byfield had questions surrounding his hockey sense when he was drafted. So far he hasn't dominated the AHL nor has he transitioned smoothly into the NHL. He's been fine, developing okay but slow for a 2nd overall. Yea he's a valuable piece beyond what Pitt has to offer, I don't know what you're talking about considering him a can't miss scorer at this point though.

Byfield has been great in the AHL this year?

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. If Byfield is part of the package for Chychrun Arizona won that deal harrrrd.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Kopitar is signed long term?

So is Jake signed long term too? Because Kopitar is a UFA after next season.

Byfield has been great in the AHL this year?
15 points in 16 games is pretty good. Jake Guentzel had 42 in 33 in his AHL rookie season.

He's not a can't-miss top centre, despite being an elite prospect.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Selling Byfield in a trade for Chychrun is wild over valuing of Chychrun.

Idk I think you're just overvaluing Byfield here.

The Coyotes want 3 1sts for Chychrun. The rumored package was Byfield, a 1st, 3rd and a no-name prospect for Chychrun. That has Byfield's value as around 2 1sts or a 1st and 2nd, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
15 points in 16 games is pretty good. Jake Guentzel had 42 in 33 in his AHL rookie season.

He's not a can't-miss top centre, despite being an elite prospect.

Jake Guentzel was also 2 years older.

Idk I think you're just overvaluing Byfield here.

The Coyotes want 3 1sts for Chychrun. The rumored package was Byfield, a 1st, 3rd and a no-name prospect for Chychrun. That has Byfield's value as around 2 1sts or a 1st and 2nd, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Byfield is the type of prospect that could bring them a legitimate defender like Seth Jones for RyJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad