Salary Cap: Pens Salary and Signing thread: Dr StrangeDubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Karlsson Watch

Do you want EK here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Don't be silly. Don't waste your time on scams like that.

Instead, I plan to demand to work entirely from my home to convince management that my job can be done just as well in the office as it can be done at my house ten miles away.

How can it fail?

Until I successfully convince them and management figures out that my job can be done just as well by a girl three thousand miles away in India or Eastern Europe who is just as smart and as educated as I am for a third of the price.

Or by AI and/or robotics with zero benefits.

Ummm. Never mind.

That cat is so far out of the bag you might as well at least enjoy the intermediate step of WFH before the sticky brown stuff hits the fan.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Don't be silly. Don't waste your time on scams like that.

Instead, I plan to demand to work entirely from my home to convince management that my job can be done just as well in the office as it can be done at my house ten miles away.

How can it fail?

Until I successfully convince them and management figures out that my job can be done just as well by a girl three thousand miles away in India or Eastern Europe who is just as smart and as educated as I am for a third of the price.

Or by AI and/or robotics with zero benefits.

Ummm. Never mind.

To be fair, a huge majority of jobs can be done just as well from home as they can in person. I like literally 10 minutes from my office but I only go in once or twice a week, just because I have an effective work setup that doesn't prevent me from getting work done at home.

Granted I have a super niche skillset so I can't get replaced all that easily, but still. The major reason these companies want workers to go back into the office is so they don't have the sunk cost of spending all of this money on office space :laugh:

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
I love a good bowl of Frosted Flakes!

I have up soda, average 1 per year, but man those Mexican Coca-Cola glass bottles with real sugar are so good!!!
Is it just me or do Frosted Flakes not taste the same as they used to. Used to be the GOAT.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
That cat is so far out of the bag you might as well at least enjoy the intermediate step of WFH before the sticky brown stuff hits the fan.
Absolutely this is true.

We are way off topic, but this is the off-season with zero going on but a EK watch for something that will never happen, so who cares?

As odd as it seems, this change is one reason that I am so confident in the US and it's future.

Across generations Americans have proven over the years to be very adaptable. This is not the first time that huge sections of the economy disappeared through automation. The industrial revolution was just one of many changes. Hell, think back to how much has disappeared in just one generation. When was the last time that you saw a pay phone? Landlines? Record store? Mall?

But in every case new jobs emerged that replaced them. Those who can adapt will thrive. We always have been very good at adapting to change.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Absolutely this is true.

We are way off topic, but this is the off-season with zero going on but a EK watch for something that will never happen, so who cares?

As odd as it seems, this change is one reason that I am so confident in the US and it's future.

Across generations Americans have proven over the years to be very adaptable. This is not the first time that huge sections of the economy disappeared through automation. The industrial revolution was just one of many changes. Hell, think back to how much has disappeared in just one generation. When was the last time that you saw a pay phone? Landlines? Record store? Mall?

But in every case new jobs emerged that replaced them. Those who can adapt will thrive. We always have been very good at adapting to change.

Still plenty of record stores. Not as many but still plentiful. There are 6 in my city.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meanwhile....
fOppoKd.gif

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
One of my favorite diet hacks is eating rice cakes topped with a bit of Valencia peanut butter, banana slices and cinnamon with a glass of skim milk. Relatively low calorie and healthy snack with a decent amount of protein and very filling. Try it out!

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So he made L2 worse to not improve L1. Seems like a legitimate gripe to me.

....though I suppose you could get really granular with it and look at what the lines were doing at the time he made the switch, but I hope for their own sake that nobody here has the time or patience to do that.

Broken down a little.

Second half of the season he played Rust and Crosby 40 more minutes than he did Rakell and Crosby.

Rakell and Crosby had a 54% goal share, Rust and Crosby had a 70% goal share.

Which means Rakell and Malkin play more than Rust and Malkin, and Rakell and Malkin have a 40% goal share and Rust and Malkin 58%.

That works out as maybe he should have stuck with Rakell with Sid and Rust with Malkin more, as that gets you +5, while the other way around only gets you +3. But I get him sticking the stronger player at the time with Sid, and not overly disturbing the pairing getting big results.

And I am somewhat shrug energy over whether he goes with the top 6 usage that gets +5 vs +3. That doesn't kill you.

Breaking it down more granularly could produce another picture again.

Point in case - to look at the end - Malkin-Rust don't have a game with over 6 minutes after 20th March. In the preceding 8 games where they get some 6 or more minutes together, they only have one goal. If it's not happening, why push it? Malkin-Rakell score in that 20th March game and don't go more than 3 games without a goal for the rest of the season. Ditto Crosby-Rust.

I can't speak for the whole of it as I am indeed out of patience but it looks quite reasonable in terms of timing and going with the hot hand.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Even The Hockey Guy knows that the roster as currently constructed is doing shit next season lol…

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Even The Hockey Guy knows that the roster as currently constructed is doing shit next season lol…

Not that bad.

Which in itself is an issue. Coin flip to make the playoffs. Half the league will make the playoffs. If the Pens do make the playoffs they almost certainly will be among the bottom quarter of qualifiers.

They would be underdogs every round.

So, most likely basically the worst of both worlds. Not truly bad. Not good. Terribly mediocre.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That's the problem with you millennials. You don't know a deal when you see one. I've got 4 MacBook's on the way and I even gave my SSN and mother's maiden name to be entered into winning airpods. Hopefully I'll get lucky.
Yeah yeah, now if you'll excuse me, a window popped up telling me I won an iPad Pro so I've got some forms to fill out.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Yeah f*** people who put restrictions on when things can be eaten. I'll eat french toast for dinner and grilled chicken & rice for breakfast.

TRY ME
Are we talking juicy delicious thighs cooked over actual fire or cardboard ass breasts cooked on a George Foreman?

• Haha
Reactions: ColePens

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
A little late to the party but if you guys want to lose weight just read the book „Glucose Revolution“ and follow the simple rules. It’s about the order in which you eat and not about what you eat.

Reactions: ColePens

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
So my healthy weight is probably around 180 lbs. Was my healthiest weight where i was semi fit.. I enjoy seeing myself at 200 though. I enjoy too many bad things in life for either to usually occur.

My highest weight has been 240 lbs.

Back in January this year I saw 199 lbs for the first time in 8 years haha. I am back at 220 lbs though...

Thought I'd share my weight fluctuation journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad