Pre-Game Talk: Pens off till Wednesday... and guess who's back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

The Greatest 101

Dec 10, 2013
Manchuria
I'm curious as to how you think that to be true.

-Keep putting Malkin on Sutter's wing when it's clearly not working
-split Spaling-Sutter-downie line when it worked well.Moving Spaling to top-6.He's sucked since then.
- Ebbett-Malkin -Rust
-Kunitz to third line when Spaling struggles in the top 6
- No adjustment against flyers,rangers,islanders

Something I can think of right now.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
-split Spaling-Sutter-downie line when it worked well.Moving Spaling to top-6.He's sucked since then.
- Ebbett-Malkin -Rust

Ok coach. Lets try this exercise:

With the stupid amount of injuries the Pens have had and the line up changing on almost a daily basis, what would you have done?

penguins2946*

- Ebbett-Malkin -Rust

Hold on, hold the phone here. You're pissed at MJ for breaking up a line that was producing, and you're also pissed off at MJ for putting a line together that ended up producing? Where is the logic in that?

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Here is a revelation...

ANY coach this org hires, will do things many of us disagree with. Let's ignore the fact that his system and how he runs his bench is almost a complete 180 from DB.

We *****ed about Kunktz attached to Crosby, and now he is on the third line.

I recently *****ed about BB not playing with Malkin, and MJ said in the PG yesterday they will play together.

I wanted Perron on the first PP, and now he is there.

Most of us dislike Adams, but he is used only sparingly.

About the only thing he is doing that most of us are annoyed with currently, is using Scuds.
However, he's a vet and the other guys are pretty green. So just about every other coach would be doing the same anyway.

How anyone can be comparing him to DB is comical. MJ is actually doing many of the things we want, and you think he is like DB?

Ok....

After the article from the Pens site about how important they find Scuderi, that's not going to change. If he really offers that much to the team, I'll accept keeping him here. If we had him for 1.5 -2.5 million per year, I'd find keeping him much, much less painful.

He's been plenty serviceable this year to warrant being in the NHL, just sucks we have such a logjam at D. The truth is that he really has been that guy that coaches pair with the young guys to gain experience. He was in L.A. as well. He must be really good at training the young guys. Despres himself called him his mentor, and look how he is playing...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
the only things worth complaining about with this team right now are: the pp, scuderi, farnham not playing, and that they still need to ship out a vet dman. that's nothing compared to the last five years. i would have killed to only have those problems last year. the mj-bylsma comparisons are pretty dumb

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
- Ebbett-Malkin -Rust

Injuries, injuries, injuries.....should we keep going?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
It would be nice if Goc's illness wasn't the mumps. I'd like to think we're finally over this crap.

EDIT:

Wut? How?

hm. I wonder if I'm grandfathered in?

Under "User CP" => "Edit Options"

you can select the number of posts-per-page. Mine says 'Default' now, and I'm still at 50, but the option for 50 is no longer there :(

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
hm. I wonder if I'm grandfathered in?

Under "User CP" => "Edit Options"

you can select the number of posts-per-page. Mine says 'Default' now, and I'm still at 50, but the option for 50 is no longer there :(

Could be. (Noting IC most likely has me on ignore):laugh:

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia

no Farnham?

When Sill was injured and every single person who played in his stead did significantly better than him, I thought it was inevitable that he would be waived or at least healthy scratched when coming back. Will be very disappointed to see him in the lineup, especially over Farnham or Rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad