Pre-Game Talk: Pens off till Wednesday... and guess who's back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
hm. I wonder if I'm grandfathered in?

Under "User CP" => "Edit Options"

you can select the number of posts-per-page. Mine says 'Default' now, and I'm still at 50, but the option for 50 is no longer there :(

Mine is set to Default (and that's 25) and the maximum is also 25 for me. :(

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not worried about Sill.
MJ's just pumping his tires a bit. He'll definitely play him over Farnham unless they lose some games imo.

Horny and Comeau can't come back fast enough cuz as soon as they do. Sill gone.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Wait folks.. Just wait. Is Sill really higher on MJ´s depth chart than Farnham?? Jesus ****ing Christ.. I´ve kinda accepted Adams after all, but now there´s also Sill?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yep, Ebbett, Rust, Sill, Adams are in. Farnham is out. Against the Bruins of all teams which would be a perfect matchup for Farnham.. And after a game where we couldn´t draw a penalty..

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Well with Goc out, it makes sense:

Perron-Sid-Downie
Spaling-Geno-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Rust
Farnham-Sill-Adams

I'd like that a little better if they flipped Kunitz and Spaling, but maybe with BB there it won't be so bad.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
Despres himself called him his mentor, and look how he is playing...

I think Errey kind of lead Despres into that lol

No adjustment against flyers,rangers,islanders

We only played the flyers once at the beginning of the season. We beat the islanders the first time we played them, and the second time we took them to the shootout.. which we don't really even practice anymore because it isn't in the playoffs.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
After the article from the Pens site about how important they find Scuderi, that's not going to change. If he really offers that much to the team, I'll accept keeping him here. If we had him for 1.5 -2.5 million per year, I'd find keeping him much, much less painful.

He's been plenty serviceable this year to warrant being in the NHL, just sucks we have such a logjam at D. The truth is that he really has been that guy that coaches pair with the young guys to gain experience. He was in L.A. as well. He must be really good at training the young guys. Despres himself called him his mentor, and look how he is playing...

Look at Scuderi's numbers away from Despres.

Despres has been cornered into calling Scuderi his mentor. That was the narrative from the start of the year. EVERY Pittsburgh media outlet has been pushing it.

What is Despres supposed to say? "Nah, it's all me" ?

He has to play the politics game. He saw what happened the last time he didn't do exactly what the coach wanted.

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007

Despres has been cornered into calling Scuderi his mentor. That was the narrative from the start of the year. EVERY Pittsburgh media outlet has been pushing it.

He has to play the politics game. He saw what happened the last time he didn't do exactly what the coach wanted.

I feel like the mentoring is almost the other way around. Scuderi has been taking a page out of Despres' book... last game I recall he carried the puck around a little more than he usually does. And I was really, really not okay with that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Jiggy's post on the previous page is a bastion of sanity amongst all the premature hand-wringing going on.

I'm happy as I've been in a long, long time with this team. I always try to keep it positive, but realistic as well. However, how can people not be happy with things right now?

They just got the kind of talented winger we have all been clamoring for. BB is playing and showing off his skills. Despres is playing well and showing he has a real nice future. MJ is showing a willingness to do a majority of the things we all wish for. JR landed Perron for a great price and they still have most of their top assets left to do a big deal if he sees fit.

Ya, BB could get hurt again. The team is cursed with injuries and most of us fear Perron will be the next target of the vindictive hockey gods. The Pens may flop in the playoffs again. **** happens. The team is going to be so much fun to watch now and only Hawk and Kings fans have it better, TBTH.

I'm just going to enjoy things (eventhough some decisions will annoy me, obviously).

Fordy

May 28, 2008
so sill will be taking adams' pk minutes then. i'm ok with that

PensFreak

Jun 5, 2007
I'm just expecting someone's knees to explode like Kyle's in South Park soon. The Pens are getting far too healthy.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I'm sure Scuds has valuable advice and has taught Despres various things. However, the narrative he has to be on the same pair and is "babysitting" Despres is comical.

Despres is pretty much playing the same way he did last year, but has been allowed to play consistently. At every level, Despres has excelled the more minutes he gets. So while Scuds has maybe given him some pointers, I'm 99% sure he would be playing this well if Scuds wasn't on the team.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Well with Goc out, it makes sense:

Perron-Sid-Downie
Spaling-Geno-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Rust
Farnham-Sill-Adams

I still hate the fact that players don't get rewarded for their play, it was the same issue with DB. Unless Sill was battling an injury while he was still playing, he was a inferior player compared to other call ups.

This whole veteran mentality is still very prominent in the system, I don't know if they even realize it anymore.

How the **** is Adams still in the lineup? The guy is completely worthless in all facets of the game, it puzzles me beyond belief. I honestly think something goes beyond the head coach with him, no way should he have a spot in the lineup, no ******* way.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I still hate the fact that players don't get rewarded for their play, it was the same issue with DB. Unless Sill was battling an injury while he was still playing, he was a inferior player compared to other call ups.

This whole veteran mentality is still very prominent in the system, I don't know if they even realize it anymore.

How the **** is Adams still in the lineup? The guy is completely worthless in all facets of the game, it puzzles me beyond belief. I honestly think something goes beyond the head coach with him, no way should he have a spot in the lineup, no ******* way.

Well...Adams does probably the hardest job to do and not get injured enough to be out of the lineup.

To them blocking shots is probably high on their list considering the PK. It's just unfortunate they have to play him 5 on 5 here and there.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
People laugh when others say this, but Bobby Farnham is an IMPORTANT player for this team. He draws penalties. We have a kick-ass power play. He hits everything that moves, and even some things that don't. I'm really not understanding this.

I, unlike most here, do not hate having Zach Sill in the lineup. But Farnham should be playing ahead of Adams.

Farnham for Adams, Harrington for Scuderi. This improves this team a LOT. Scuds can sit. Adams is a sourpuss. He needs to go. A S A P.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sill is so worthless, he wasn't even playing a physical game before he got injured.

Hes gone his first 45 NHL games without a point, it seems like he should be close to some type of record, its hard for a forward to go 45 straight games without a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille