Pre-Game Talk: Pens off till Wednesday... and guess who's back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sill should be waived. I know it's a small thing to be mad at, but Farnham has given this team more than Sill has. It's not even close.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sill should be waived. I know it's a small thing to be mad at, but Farnham has given this team more than Sill has. It's not even close.

I don't think it's a small thing. I'm pretty mad Farnham sat in favor of Ebbett AND Adams.

That's a case of the coaching staff not rewarding hard work, effort and effectiveness, which is sending a pretty terrible message. If a guy is helping your team win, you find a spot for him.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
I don't think it's a small thing. I'm pretty mad Farnham sat in favor of Ebbett AND Adams.

That's a case of the coaching staff not rewarding hard work, effort and effectiveness, which is sending a pretty terrible message. If a guy is helping your team win, you find a spot for him.

Didn't Ebbett score 2 points in the game before the one against Montreal? In that light, he got a 2nd chance based on his production. He hopefully isn't in the lineup ahead of Farnham against Boston, but if Goc and Kunitz won't play, everyone gets to stay.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I try to keep an open mind on why players like Farnham are not utilized. To me, that's a bonus to have on the 4th line. He's going to irritate the other team, draw penalties, and gain momentum. He's a perfect compliment to have on the 4th line. But instead, Craig Adams will 100% have the spot over him and that's not just in Pittsburgh. It would probably happen on 29 other teams, too.

So what is it? I know his offense won't be good and I know his wreckless play is... well wreckless. Why can't he earn a spot? To me, he's shown he deserves the last forward spot over Ebbett, Adams, Sill, Megna, etc. He has given us momentum and delivered some powerplay chances on just being a little annoying *******.

So without getting caught up in HF speak, why does a guy like that never get that chance over the likes of a Craig Adams or Andrew Ebbett?

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

Which is the EXACT same **** Disco Dan pulled. He favored the vets over the younger guys, regardless of how well those young guys played.

Adams should not be playing NHL hockey, period. I'd love to hear MJ and company explain why he's in there. The numbers prove he shouldn't and if you just watch a few games it's even easier to see.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I try to keep an open mind on why players like Farnham are not utilized. To me, that's a bonus to have on the 4th line. He's going to irritate the other team, draw penalties, and gain momentum. He's a perfect compliment to have on the 4th line. But instead, Craig Adams will 100% have the spot over him and that's not just in Pittsburgh. It would probably happen on 29 other teams, too.

So what is it? I know his offense won't be good and I know his wreckless play is... well wreckless. Why can't he earn a spot? To me, he's shown he deserves the last forward spot over Ebbett, Adams, Sill, Megna, etc. He has given us momentum and delivered some powerplay chances on just being a little annoying *******.

So without getting caught up in HF speak, why does a guy like that never get that chance over the likes of a Craig Adams or Andrew Ebbett?

I think the simplest explanation is that coaches trust the vets to play a more stable, responsible game for whatever reason. Don't know why but it certainly seems like the case. I realize that I'm not anywhere near an NHL scout or coach but I just can't fathom what they see in Adams/Ebbett over Farnham.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008

Ebbett has been playing on the 2nd line... So Ebbett and Farnham aren't even competing for the same position.

Adams... well whatever... I dont care as much this year since its not adams and glass. I can handle one.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I think the simplest explanation is that coaches trust the vets to play a more stable, responsible game for whatever reason. Don't know why but it certainly seems like the case. I realize that I'm not anywhere near an NHL scout or coach but I just can't fathom what they see in Adams/Ebbett over Farnham.

when it comes to Farnham, i don't care how responsible he is, since the puck seems to be in the OZone more often than not.

Besides, if I'm going to have someone who isn't responsible, etc... i want him to be a ****ing psychopath.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I don't mind that Ebbett stayed in after scoring his first goal that's only fair and like Cole said, almost every team is going to dress Adams over Farnham. Ebbett was back on the 4th line, did next to nothing and isn't suited to being a 4th line so I'd swap Farnham back in for him in a heartbeat.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So i guess this doesn't look good for Martin coming of IR but with Sill back, does someone have to be sent down?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Despres on a snack break? It's probably an injury or the mumps, it was always going to be difficult to spot the swelling with him.

Didn't Ebbett score 2 points in the game before the one against Montreal? In that light, he got a 2nd chance based on his production. He hopefully isn't in the lineup ahead of Farnham against Boston, but if Goc and Kunitz won't play, everyone gets to stay.

I get Ebbett playing since he produced, Adams is the problem here.

I think the fear with a player like Farnham is that they'll snap or cash a cheque that the team can't cash. Adams is safe and reliable or some ****.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Farnham has only put the team SH once which is a good effort given the way he plays the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad