Pre-Game Talk: Pens off till Wednesday... and guess who's back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Well...Adams does probably the hardest job to do and not get injured enough to be out of the lineup.

To them blocking shots is probably high on their list considering the PK. It's just unfortunate they have to play him 5 on 5 here and there.

Didn't I see a stat that proved the PK was better when he was out of the lineup? Granted sample size isn't that large(because he is always in the ******* lineup), but still...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Didn't I see a stat that proved the PK was better when he was out of the lineup? Granted sample size isn't that large(because he is always in the ******* lineup), but still...

These frustrations are wide spread. As put some posts back, all teams have their eye sores.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Sill is so worthless, he wasn't even playing a physical game before he got injured.

Hes gone his first 45 NHL games without a point, it seems like he should be close to some type of record, its hard for a forward to go 45 straight games without a point.

Sill's pointless streak is so overblown. Goc has THREE more points with way more ice time. Nobody says a word about that.

Sill's inconsistent physical game is the issue with him. If he doesn't ramp it up, he can't stick in the NHL. But I wouldn't mind seeing Farnham and Sill as two thirds of our energy fourth line. We could do worse. In fact, we're doing worse by keeping Adams.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Sill is so worthless, he wasn't even playing a physical game before he got injured.

Hes gone his first 45 NHL games without a point, it seems like he should be close to some type of record, its hard for a forward to go 45 straight games without a point.

Playing physical was probably the only thing Sill was doing at an NHL level before he got hurt. He was probably the 2 most physical forwards on the team before his injury.

That being said, almost every other aspect of his game is below par, so he shouldn't be playing over any other player on the team unless there's another rash of injuries or a couple guys need a blow.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Playing physical was probably the only thing Sill was doing at an NHL level before he got hurt. He was probably the 2 most physical forwards on the team before his injury.

That being said, almost every other aspect of his game is below par, so he shouldn't be playing over any other player on the team unless there's another rash of injuries or a couple guys need a blow.

I disagree. A more talented guy isn't necessarily the better option all the time, especially when talking about a fourth line.

This team is Charmin soff if we go with our most talented lineup. THAT is why everybody wants a power forward. But we don't have that guy. And we have a lack of size in general. Most of the players are right around 5-11/6-0.

Playing physical players is a must.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sill's pointless streak is so overblown. Goc has THREE more points with way more ice time. Nobody says a word about that.

Sill's inconsistent physical game is the issue with him. If he doesn't ramp it up, he can't stick in the NHL. But I wouldn't mind seeing Farnham and Sill as two thirds of our energy fourth line. We could do worse. In fact, we're doing worse by keeping Adams.

I'm not expecting Sill to score much at all, but during his 45 games you would think he would of at least picked up a cheap secondary assist at some point, i remember last year DB was even putting him out there with an empty net to try and help him out.

I mean he was known for his physical play which i think is the reason he was put in the lineup, but before his injury i didn't even think he was playing physical anymore, he was just completely useless out there.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario

Exactly. I don't understand why Goc gets the benefit of the doubt with many posters. He has had games where he played as a third line centre and even got some time on the second powerplay unit. And, he is thrown out on the ice during empty net situations as well.

He's good on the penalty kill and in the defensive zone. But, that's about it. Goc has zero finish in his game. He is easily replaceable. Look at Uher. At least he plays with a bit of an edge. In 58 games as a Penguin; Goc has a total of six points. That's terrible for a player that is suppose to be capable of playing on the checking line. Playing with Sill and Adams for 25 games isn't a legitimate excuse. Look at what McClement was capable of doing with McLaren and Orr on his wing for a large period of time.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I did not notice any edge with Uher in his 2 games with the Penguins.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Exactly. I don't understand why Goc gets the benefit of the doubt with many posters. He has had games where he played as a third line centre and even got some time on the second powerplay unit. And, he is thrown out on the ice during empty net situations as well.

He's good on the penalty kill and in the defensive zone. But, that's about it. Goc has zero finish in his game. He is easily replaceable. Look at Uher. At least he plays with a bit of an edge. In 58 games as a Penguin; Goc has a total of six points. That's terrible for a player that is suppose to be capable of playing on the checking line. Playing with Sill and Adams for 25 games isn't a legitimate excuse. Look at what McClement was capable of doing with McLaren and Orr on his wing for a large period of time.

Sill is also a C and doesn't get to play there so that probably doesnt help. He was fantastic on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad