Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
So, scratching Goc means the coaches think he's the problem of the fourth line, not Sill and Adams?

Or they want to go all-physical tonight. Not that Adams or Sill really did much in that regard, but I guess Goc doesn't really count as a physical player? Maybe?

And seriously, if there is one team you don't really need depth against, it's the Flyers.

If they do the same tomorrow, well...

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
And I was evidently talking about his recent period as well. One month/3 weeks, not that big of a difference. So I don´t know why did you go crazy about me saying that. You are the one losing a mind here, bro.

I'm not losing my mind, you've been called out on your anti-Despres comments all year long.

Anyhow, I've remedied the situation, have fun talking about the Pens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Doom and gloom around here, eh?

Coach has altered his game every single time things started looking bad. I expect him to do the same. However, I hope they lose the next 2 games so we can really focus on change and building a team for April/May/June.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Or they want to go all-physical tonight. Not that Adams or Sill really did much in that regard, but I guess Goc doesn't really count as a physical player? Maybe?

And seriously, if there is one team you don't really need depth against, it's the Flyers.

If they do the same tomorrow, well...

There is zero justification for sitting Goc in favor of Adams/Sill. Zero. If you really want to play a physical 4th line and battle the Flyers that way, you call up the WBS goon (drawing a blank on his name) and play him and Farnham next to Goc.

You simply do not play two AHL-caliber scrubs (that's what Adams is now) over an NHLer.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

Coach has altered his game every single time things started looking bad. I expect him to do the same. However, I hope they lose the next 2 games so we can really focus on change and building a team for April/May/June.

Are you thinking of concrete examples in terms of the alterations and how successful those alterations were?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Goc is getting healthy scratched before Adams.

I think that's a perfectly-good reason to question Johnston's management ability.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll wait til actual game time to see what his decision is. I need to actually see that happen before I go nuts.

But yes.. Adams/Sill are playing better as of late but still not doing what we need as a 4th line.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
There is zero justification for sitting Goc in favor of Adams/Sill. Zero. If you really want to play a physical 4th line and battle the Flyers that way, you call up the WBS goon (drawing a blank on his name) and play him and Farnham next to Goc.

You simply do not play two AHL-caliber scrubs (that's what Adams is now) over an NHLer.

Hah, PL3? He is suspended at the moment - I guess they could have called up another guy if they wanted to have a goon-ish line.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wait to see it before you start dogging it.

They put Goc out there or pretty much all important faceoffs. He's utilized much different from Sill/Adams. Unless there is a report out there saying Goc is scratched... I'll wait and see.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I'm not losing my mind, you've been called out on your anti-Despres comments all year long.

Anyhow, I've remedied the situation, have fun talking about the Pens
By you of all people here, we all know your stance when it comes to Simon. Anyway, in this thread, I haven´t told a single unfair word about him. I´m criticizing him for his recent play (like 90% of other people here), giving him a benefit of doubt because of a possible injury and expressing a hope that (unlike Scuds and Borts) he will come back when we need him the most. That´s exactly what I´ve said today. What´s wrong about that, that you had to attack me?

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
I'll wait and see... and I think johnston needs a year before any harsh criticism. I think what this really means is Adams clearly has pictures of moorehouse with jerry sandusky and he's shared them with sill.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Have I missed the confirmation that Goc has been scratched?

EDIT: Ah, I see. We're just doing the usual pregame routine. Carry on.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

They put Goc out there or pretty much all important faceoffs. He's utilized much different from Sill/Adams. Unless there is a report out there saying Goc is scratched... I'll wait and see.

Even if he were though, it is a game in January. And it is Jesus Goc. I mean I like the guy but some of the reactions here comparing it to Bylsma? Yes Goc in December is the equivalent of putting Iggy on LW and off of Crosby's line in the playoffs. Right.

Maybe he just wants to see what some of these guys can do and want to give them ice time. Perhaps he thinks that since they are playing an AHL team now would be a good time to play around and do it. By the way I expect them to lose to that AHL team, but still, point stands.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Possible people are misreading Yohe's tweet. Maybe his "educated guess" about Goc sitting is because he knows the guy ate a bucket of bad sauerkraut.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Goc was being used in a way more important role than Sill/Adams. I thought that the coaching staff respected him. That´s why I´m still curious if he´s really the normal healthy scratch.

I mean, it´s possible that Adams & Sill are coach´s pets after all, but then I would expect Arcobello as a healthy scratch. Really weird situation.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What guys?

Farnham for one. Arcobello as another. The entire musical chairs of fourth line candidates. As players get healthy, which seems to be soon, within a week soon, someone is going to be the odd man out when they return to the lineup. Good to find that out to your satisfaction now if you are the HC, no? Much more important than winning some meaningless game in January.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Farnham for one. Arcobello as another. The entire musical chairs of fourth line candidates. As players get healthy, which seems to be soon, within a week soon, someone is going to be the odd man out when they return to the lineup. Good to find that out to your satisfaction now if you are the HC, no? Much more important than winning some meaningless game in January.
Agreed, but I doubt that they view this as a meaningless game in January. We have to exorcise our demons vs the Flyers and this is the perfect chance for it. Also, imagine if we lose 4 games in a row.. NYI, NYR, PHI, CHI. Wow. Just wow.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013

i just popped over to the flyers board to see what the mood was... apparently its doom and gloom for both fan bases. if both bases are correct, instead of the cliched unstoppable force/immovable object type of game we are just going to have two bumper cars going at each other tonight... :laugh:

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

I'll wait and see... and I think johnston needs a year before any harsh criticism. I think what this really means is Adams clearly has pictures of moorehouse with jerry sandusky and he's shared them with sill.

Have I missed the confirmation that Goc has been scratched?

EDIT: Ah, I see. We're just doing the usual pregame routine. Carry on.

Possible people are misreading Yohe's tweet. Maybe his "educated guess" about Goc sitting is because he knows the guy ate a bucket of bad sauerkraut.

I think it will be interesting to see if Goc is a healthy scratch and if there is a reason / reasons for that.

I think the most concrete evidence that Goc isn't playing tonight is that according to Molinari, Sill and Farnham left the ice early, and Goc and Ebbett stayed on the ice after morning skate.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013

Any healthy roster should include Goc in the the line-up and theoretically centering the fourth line unless some trades are happening. The odd men out should be the wingers. Goc is a better player than Sill, Adams, Farnham, and Arcobello. In which case then wouldn't it be better to try Goc with different combinations of wingers to determine the most effective line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad