Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Any healthy roster should include Goc in the the line-up and theoretically centering the fourth line unless some trades are happening. The odd men out should be the wingers. Goc is a better player than Sill, Adams, Farnham, and Arcobello. In which case then wouldn't it be better to try Goc with different combinations of wingers to determine the most effective line?

Are so abused as a fan base by Bylsma's Tourette syndrome series of random illogical decisions that we just assume any coach is that way?

What I said is logical, and a possibility.

Look, we do not even know if Goc has been scratched. But if he is, as you said, we know what he can do. Perhaps MJ wants to see how some of his harder decisions at the bottom of the roster, who to cut loose, who to keep, can do on faceoffs as a deciding factor? So bench Goc to give them the opportunities to show what they do, or do not, have? Or any of a hundred reasons similar.

What I am saying is that there are good reasons why a coach may do this, if he did it. Just because Disco had no clue doesn't mean we need to assume the same now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Are so abused as a fan base by Bylsma's Tourette syndrome series of random illogical decisions that we just assume any coach is that way?

What I said is logical, and a possibility.

Look, we do not even know if Goc has been scratched. But if he is, as you said, we know what he can do. Perhaps MJ wants to see how some of his harder decisions at the bottom of the roster, who to cut loose, who to keep, can do on faceoffs as a deciding factor? So bench Goc to give them the opportunities to show what they do, or do not, have? Or any of a hundred reasons similar.

What I am saying is that there are good reasons why a coach may do this, if he did it. Just because Disco had no clue doesn't mean we need to assume the same now.
'

There is no good reason to play Sill or Adams over Goc. None. Now, maybe Goc won't be scratched, but if he is, there is no actual logical reason to do it.

Except for people who think Tanner Glass is a physical force. Those people see the logic in playing Adams/Sill over Goc.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
If Goc is not hurt/sick and is getting scratched instead of Adams or Sill I really am at a complete loss.

How can people involved with the organization not see how bad he is? Even fans of other teams can see how useless he is.

It is one thing being a bad team and icing bad players, but we have players in the organization that are so much better than Adams and yet he plays every game. What do the coaches see in him? He can't skate, he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can possess the puck for more than a couple seconds, he can't hit because he can't skate fast enough to even lay a solid check, he gets in fights with teammates at practice. Literally is only redeeming quality is his ability to block pucks and not get injured, but we have plenty of people in the organization that can PK just as well if not better than him. Our PK was performing better with him out of the lineup, so he obviously isn't some pivotal cog there.

It's beyond the point of even getting angry, at this point I just have to be impressed with the legend that is Craig Adams. I can only hope to one day achieve the level of job security that Adams has with the Pens.

/end rant

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Craig Adams' continued existence on our roster defies all logic. When I hear the coaching staff defend it, I feel like I'm entering the Twilight Zone.

That said, Adams the least of this team's problems at the moment.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
'

There is no good reason to play Sill or Adams over Goc. None. Now, maybe Goc won't be scratched, but if he is, there is no actual logical reason to do it.

Except for people who think Tanner Glass is a physical force. Those people see the logic in playing Adams/Sill over Goc.

Yeah, you missed where I said above I have no clue keeping Adams over Goc. That is one of life mysteries up there with what women do when they go to the bathroom together. Not only will we never know the whys, but honestly I do not think that I want to know. The answer may be too scary.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
If MJ scratches Goc..

simpsons-villagers-pitchfork-torches.jpg

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Any healthy roster should include Goc in the the line-up and theoretically centering the fourth line unless some trades are happening. The odd men out should be the wingers. Goc is a better player than Sill, Adams, Farnham, and Arcobello. In which case then wouldn't it be better to try Goc with different combinations of wingers to determine the most effective line?

Who knows if he is scratched or not. Also we won't know if it's just to try something, he might have a niggly injury or he might just need a rest. No point over analyzing something that hadn't happened yet or if it does complain about 1 game out of the season so far.

I really like how MJ changes things up. It's his first year so of course he will want to know different combos. Injuries have messed this team around so as we get healthier and closer to April I think we will see a steadier line up.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Lots of people here were actually telling me how Craig Adams doesn´t have a guaranteed roster spot anymore with Dan Bylsma gone. VM was deadly serious about that and many others as well. Naive naive guys :laugh: Johnston loves him almost as much as Dan Bylsma. Almost. But anyways, Adams will never be scratched as a Penguin. Never. Even if we bring up 2 more TOP6 forwards at TDL and Dupuis miraculously comes back, Adams will still find a way to play. Just accept it, folks.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
If he's scratched, it's going to be injury/illness related. There's nothing to suggest that he's in regular healthy scratch territory, given his usage and the lack of any negative comments from anyone in the organization.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
If he's scratched, it's going to be injury/illness related. There's nothing to suggest that he's in regular healthy scratch territory, given his usage and the lack of any negative comments from anyone in the organization.
If that was the case, then he wouldn´t be practicing longer than the other guys. He probably wouldn´t be practicing at all. Don´t underestimate Mike Johnston when it comes to Craig Adams and company.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Again, Sill at least may be on the same thin ice I talked of above.

Adams? Who the hell knows, no clue what is going on there, as has been the case for a long time now.

True. I think that Goc could be okay to trade though as he isn't terrible.

Fully fit;

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
XXX-Malkin-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Comeau
Downie-Spaling-XXXX

Fill in the gaps.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
If they scratch him against the Blackhawks it will say more than if they scratch him against the Flyers - they shouldn't do it either way, in my opinion.

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
I'm soooooo ready to see the Pens CRUSH the Flyers tonight. It won't be even close.

I expect a 6-2 win from the Pens. I can't wait to drink the tears of the desperate Flyers fans HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I'm soooooo ready to see the Pens CRUSH the Flyers tonight. It won't be even close.

I expect a 6-2 win from the Pens. I can't wait to drink the tears of the desperate Flyers fans HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Our recent results against Metro teams and our recent results vs the Flyers don´t give me the same optimism :laugh: I think that we´re gonna get an ugly win, but this is still the weird post given the current circumstances. It´s classic Hazu, though, so what else is new.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Our recent results against Metro teams and our recent results vs the Flyers don´t give me the same optimism :laugh: I think that we´re gonna get an ugly win, but this is still the weird post given the current circumstances. It´s classic Hazu, though, so what else is new.

We just can't beat them at home right? Every game I went to in Philly when they played they won.. including that 4 goal comeback a couple years ago..

I am feeling good..

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Goc sucks.

I really have a strong suspicion that word is going to come out that Ron Burkle secretly sold his share of the team to Craig Adams. And, Craig Adams is secretly dating Mario's daughter.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013

HAHAHAHAHAHA

post-46698-Conan-what-is-best-in-life-gif-WqD2.gif

Time for the Penguins to watch a different kind of film lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes