Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Good on Johnston for going to bat to get BFF back into the lineup. For all the complaining about Johnston, my feeling is he sees all the angles. He's sometimes slow and methodical in acting on them, but that's not really the character flaw it's made out to be.

Josh yohe said he thinks Farnham is going in for goc which makes no sense to me.

If I see a line of Sil-Adams-farnham i might scream

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Hopefully, Despres is out to let whatever injury that has been bothering him heal. There's no reason for him to be playing banged up and not up to his standards in the middle of the season.

Is the Goc thing injury related?

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Spaling-Malkin-Bennett
Arcobello-sutter-Downie
Sil-Adams-Farnham

Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Harrington

Griess

Could be rough tonight. Especially after Flyers getting stomped on yesterday

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Flyers fan coming in peace.

I'm praying that this game is a season-low embarrassment for them. Most of us on our board are sick to death of the way this clueless front office have been letting this season play out. Something has got to give. I'm really hoping that the pens put up an 8 or 9 spot on them. Something has got to change with this team and getting destroyed by the pens will probably put the gears into motion.

Just hold on a few months longer bud, it will all be worth it when McDavid or Eichel hold up that Flyers jersey at BB&T Center on June 26th. :yo:

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Hopefully, Despres is out to let whatever injury that has been bothering him heal. There's no reason for him to be playing banged up and not up to his standards in the middle of the season.

Is the Goc thing injury related?

Im guessing that's what it is since his equipment isn't even there. Give him an extended break to heal up.

Unless , dun,dun,dun.....he's been traded. (just kidding that was for you know who)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Im guessing that's what it is since his equipment isn't even there. Give him an extended break to heal up.

Unless , dun,dun,dun.....he's been traded. (just kidding that was for you know who)

I know he hasn't and won't be traded. I'm cool. I also know he's out till after the break, but should be back when the season resumes.

Had a decent talk with someone last week, no more therapist sessions over Despres.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Scuderi is propping Despres up, mang

Right, Scuderi will be fun to watch because he'll flourish without Despres.

I know he hasn't and won't be traded. I'm cool. I also know he's out till after the break, but should be back when the season resumes.

Had a decent talk with someone last week, no more therapist sessions over Despres.

Tell me everything you know. Everything.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Right, Scuderi will be fun to watch because he'll flourish without Despres.

Tell me everything you know. Everything.

Don't know much about history
Don't know much biology
Don't know much about science book
Don't know much about the French I took

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you love me too
What a wonderful world this would be

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Spaling-Malkin-Bennett
Arcobello-sutter-Downie
Sil-Adams-Farnham

Martin-Letang
Ehrhoff-Bortuzzo
Scuderi-Harrington

Griess

Could be rough tonight. Especially after Flyers getting stomped on yesterday

I hope the play Sill at Centre as it's his natural position. Not everyone can change positions and be effective.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
I hope the play Sill at Centre as it's his natural position. Not everyone can change positions and be effective.

adams, if nothing else, is certainly adaptable, but then again so are cockroaches

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The more Johnston talks about players - Sill, Farnham, Adams, Scuderi, Kunitz, Sutter, etc - and line combinations - Sutter-Malkin, Sutter-Goc, Kunitz-Crosby-Perron, Arcobello with Malkin - and the more I watch his player usage and TOI, the less I like him. Please stop doing stupid things with personnel decisions.

I feel the same way, exactly.

My problem with Despres is the same one I have with Bortuzzo. The NYR game was still in reach at the beginning of the second period even after the Rangers made it 3-1 early and what does Despres do but shoots the puck into the stands on a delay of game penalty and then Rangers score on PP and make it 4-1 and the game is effectively over. Bortuzzo always seems to be the one to make the same type of critical mistakes that just kill you, especially with just making simple clears. Even more disheartening is Harrington, who I thought was getting close to being a NHL defenseman but has really looked like you just cannot trust him under any circumstances because he will make the same types of mistakes like being a step behind whoever he is watching that just kill you in a game.

Despres is fine. He's been hurting and now sick. Your concerns are unfounded, really. Bortuzzo I will grant you is problematic. He's too out of position to be the steady, rugged third pairing guy we need.

But a healthy Despres is a huge asset to this team, and the sooner we use him more the better off we'll be.

Yohe tweeted he thinks Farnham is replacing Goc which makes no sense

Good to see that Farnham got called up. Smart move. I doubt that Goc gets scratched tonight, but if he does; I am okay with that.

Yeah, I'm fine with that too. Since apparently Adams CAN'T be scratched, at least the fourth line has some bite again. I still think Farnham-Sill-enforcer or enforcer-Sill-Farnham could be an interesting fourth line that we could use less than what we are currently doing, and with better results overall.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Oh, and I don't care if Despres is out and Fleury is not playing, there are absolutely NO excuses for losing this game tonight. None whatsoever. I don't care that we're still missing two wingers. The Flyers played yesterday. Their No. 1 goaltender, who they depend on more than we depend on ours, is out and their two backups are really, really bad. Plus they're missing Coburn, Grossmann and Timonen on D, and even Colaiacovo went down yesterday. Depleted doesn't even begin to describe their situation. And they weren't very good even when healthy.

NO Excuses. If we can't beat the Flyers tonight, we can conclude that we can't beat the Flyers. Period. And that's a BIG problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad